Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LeBron says Cavs have edge.

Senior Member Array title="SteelersinCA is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: LeBron says Cavs have edge.

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    question-

has there been a moratorium placed on speaking freely about the ultra douchbaggery of labron james around here?

BSPN is having a 3 hour sportscenter special leading up to his hour long thursday primetime (longtime most coveted spot in television) announcement special?

talk about making yourself bigger than the game.

i get that this is the biggest story in the world right now, which leads me to even more astonishment there has been no outrage or even a comment on this board.

its bigger than obama, BP oil spill, even netherlands/spain in the world cup.

i can only imagine the reaction if brett favre pulled this money grabbin stunt. or worse yet, brady, kobe, a-rod, ovetchkin, or jeter.

what gives? (and save me the "he's doing it for charity" BS, which is nothing more than an income tax write off.)
    Some have expressed disappointment in the other thread, but I don't think that many really give a shit, it is the NBA after all.

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
    Some have expressed disappointment in the other thread, but I don't think that many really give a shit, it is the NBA after all.
    what "other thread"?

you mean labron james discussions arent contained in labron james threads? dont tell me LBJ talk is infecting every other basketball thread on this board!

anyways, i know its just NBA but if you watch ESPN (or tune into just about any other media outlet) you would think that Jesus Christ's return was being broadcast live on television, or even more remarkable, that it was a presidential election, and a black man who wasnt even a citizen had been elected.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

"Hey megalomaniac
    You're no Jesus
    Yeah, you're no
    Fu**in' Elvis."

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Meh, I honestly hope he stays in Cleveland now. Bosh, Wade, Boozer, Stoudamire are all signed up, so its the Cavs with Byron Scott and most of the same supporting cast that has failed the past few years in the playoffs.

Man, I liked the Mark Price, Brad Doherty, John Williams, Ron Harper, Craig Ehlo era Cavs. Fun to watch. Now James is gonna be surrounded by the same chumps and maybe get ray Felton. Same old sorry ass Cavs.

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

not sure if you know this, but brad doherty is absolutely superb as a NASCAR analyst on ESPN. not doing so bad as the owner of a team either. not quite the crossover success as joe gibbs, but still...

i think i read in one of these basketball threads here (it was probably in the RIP j. wooden thread) a poster saying that labron wouldnt go through this whole televised PPV inauguration speech/hour long special, if he were gonna kick cleveland to the curb.

i tend to agree.

i too, am starting to hope he remains in cleveland. the city is cursed and he will never win a championship there. it almost makes him easier to root for as one of the greatest players who is also a lovable loser.

plus he will always have his fame and fortune and when bill russell and magic die, he can easily afford all of their rings at auction. when all is said and done, he can probably afford to buy a team that already has a trophy in the case that he can sleep with every night if he wishes.

i will still enjoy watching him play (much like brett favre) no matter where he lands or how he gets there, even if it is for the hated knicks or in that craphole cleveland.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Hmmmm...gotta wrap up a loose end here.

If LBJ has this thing on ESPN and leaves Cleveland, it'll be a huge kick in the teeth to the people of NE Ohio. It will make sense to have the hype-fest if, and ONLY if, he decides to stay. He'll need the hour to explain why he did what he did so the people of NY, Miami and Chicago still welcome him. He already hangs out in those places and he won't want to lose that connection. Nothing he can say in 6 hours will ever make the people of Ohio forgive him for leaving. This will be like "the fumble" and "the drive" all over again.

If he goes to Miami, he'll also add validity to the argument some make (which is absolute garbage, total gutter logic, seeing as he's still only 25) that he's nothing without a title. There are several great players on Bostons squad that went forever without winning anything. They aren't any lessor players because of it. It's a combination of hatred and jealousy only that sparks arguments like that.

If he joins Bosh and Wade with the Heat, he'll be admitting he can't do it on his own. Jordan needed Pippen, and Kobe needed Shaq (and now he has several quality players around him) to win, while LeBron was going it on his own for the most part. He still needs his Pippen, but Jordan didn't have Pippen AND Magic Johnson...it's almost unfair, stacking the deck like that. He'll definitely win titles in Miami if he goes but those titles will be diminished, and will diminish him.

Regardless, I'm glad the insanity is almost over.
    Fire Goodell

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar

Chris Broussard is really putting his neck out on the line with this one. He has been reporting since late last night LeBron was set to go to Miami. With as much as these "sources" change the location of LeBron's team next year, I won't really believe it untill he makes the "Decision".

Another rumor going around is LeBrom was able to land Chris Paul in a trade and will announce his departure from the Hornetts.

In my opinion Paul/James > Wade/Bosh.

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

The Heat went and resigned Wade and got Bosh. New York went and got Amar'e and have david lee (for now anyway). Chicago got Boozer and already has rose and noah. What has cleveland done to keep him?
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

I think he's already diminished his legacy by being such a prima donna. I think Miami is a terrible fit and unless these guys take millions off their contracts won't have the cap room to bring in anyone of substance to win a title. I think saying they are a lock for titles is tremendously shortsighted. I think Chicago is marginally better than the fit in Miami, but at least they are a young up and coming team which will have quality players around him. If he really cared about the Cavs, he's a moron for doing this to them. Since 2004 he's been holding them hostage making them waste money on overpaid old guys when they could have been building a championship team. He made them feel like they had to go and do it this year.

Consequently, what's left for the Cavs? Who do they get to help LBJ compete? There isn't really anyone left. They now have to contend with a greatly improved Chicago team, a greatly improved Heat team, a Celtics team that while older is not much different and a Magic team for which they now have no answer for Howard. I can't see Cleveland being a smart choice for him, simply because he handcuffed them into not being a smart choice.

Lebron's legacy will be how he screwed himself out of being the greatest ever.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

The Miami 3rd Degree Burn . As of 3:30pm , NY talk radio is reporting that LeBron is going to the Heat . We'll see .

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xX-TSK-Xx View Post
    Chris Broussard is really putting his neck out on the line with this one. He has been reporting since late last night LeBron was set to go to Miami. With as much as these "sources" change the location of LeBron's team next year, I won't really believe it untill he makes the "Decision".

Another rumor going around is LeBrom was able to land Chris Paul in a trade and will announce his departure from the Hornetts.

In my opinion Paul/James > Wade/Bosh.
    Well, where there's smoke...
    http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/02/c...k-of-the-town/

There is also a rumor that Paul left Octagon and signed on with James' agency, which would also an interesting corollary to all this. And there is no doubt that Paul/James >>> Wade/Bosh.

The fact is, LBJ will need help to win his title. I still like Jamison as a Cav, and Shaq was open to staying (for less money). If James stays, I'd like to see Hickson on board as well. Anthony Parker and Andy are hustlers, and I'd like to see what Telfair can bring to the table when healthy. Other that that, I'm not attached to any particular players currently on the roster. If James stays it will be interesting to see what moves they make this year to solidify the team. If he leaves, it pretty much leaves all 3 major sports teams in Cleveland looking forward to (in the Browns and Indians cases, at best) .500 seasons next year.

It seems there is confirmation that he's rented a bunch of Cabana's in Miami for a big blowout this weekend on South Beach, so maybe he is headed to Miami.

Honestly, I would. The taxes in Ohio are too high, and the weather sucks 4-5 months out of the year.

As far as the Heat as a good fit, well, Jesus, it's a no-brainer. Wade and Bosh alone make the Heat instant contenders, and the X-factor of having the leagues best player along for the ride seals the deal. Wade can pretty much do it all, including dish the ball, and Bosh is a scoring and rebounding machine. I don't buy the argument that there are too many egos, as these guys are friends and this was a plan they had in mind all along. Also, the whole "There's only on ball" thing is off as well. The 3 guys are different enough that there's a roll for all 3. They could literally create a dynasty for the next 6-7 years. Toss in the Riley factor, and I ask, who will beat them? And how?
    Fire Goodell

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

I'm sure Wade can teach him how not to quit in a game.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="I-Want-Troy's-Hair is an unknown quantity at this point">

Riverside, CA transplant from Steubenville OH

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    The Miami 3rd Degree Burn . As of 3:30pm , NY talk radio is reporting that LeBron is going to the Heat . We'll see .
    They're reporting that he has book 30+ rooms in Miami for his party. What a narcissist.
    "Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    --Anatole France

Quote Originally Posted by I-Want-Troy's-Hair View Post
    They're reporting that he has book 30+ rooms in Miami for his party. What a narcissist.
    smokescreen. it certainly seems like that with all preliminary reports saying he's going there.

hes in NY/Conn for melo's wedding.

it seems to good to be true that he would nuke millions of clevelandites in an hour long primetime special. i still have a feeling he is setting up the media, and letting cleveland get a little taste of what it would be like w/o him.

i'll believe hes gone when hes gone.

is the whole miami thing a ruse?-

Adam_Schefter
    RT @EthanJSkolnick: Heat pulled its Welcome LeBron ad from the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Confirmed.

LBJ to Miami. Ohio not happy right now...
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="steeldawg is a jewel in the rough">

Anytime someone drops a bomb on cleveland it makes me smile

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
    Anytime someone drops a bomb on cleveland it makes me smile
    I love watching that shit hole suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    I'm sure Wade can teach him how not to quit in a game.
    true dat. ...or series.

and if not, atleast the LeFishing is much better in miami than in the mistake by the lake.

Shit never gets old, hahahaha F cleveland!!!

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Whats the worst thing that ever happened to the city of Cleveland ?

The drive
    The fumble
    Red right 88
    The shot
    Jose Mesa
    The betrayal
    The mistake on the lake

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    Whats the worst thing that ever happened to the city of Cleveland ?

The drive
    The fumble
    Red right 88
    The shot
    Jose Mesa
    The betrayal
    The mistake on the lake
    I loved Red Right 88... but Jose Messup broke my heart!

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    true dat. ...or series.

and if not, atleast the LeFishing is much better in miami than in the mistake by the lake.
    Don't bet on it. Lake Erie is one of the best fisheries in the country.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

No way do the Cavs have an edge, since LeBron will be leaving, what way do they have to win anything. James was the king on that team, James was the supporting cast on that team, James was the team.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

So, not only is Lebron a defector, he's a liar too.

Senior Member Array title="I-Want-Troy's-Hair is an unknown quantity at this point">

Riverside, CA transplant from Steubenville OH

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    No way do the Cavs have an edge, since LeBron will be leaving, what way do they have to win anything. James was the king on that team, James was the supporting cast on that team, James was the team.
    He won' t be "king" on his new team it will be interesting to see how many times he "quits" on them.
    "Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
    --Anatole France