Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LeBron says Cavs have edge.

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Re: LeBron says Cavs have edge.

Now Izzo is basically saying he will only take the job if James will indicate to him personally that he'll be back.

That's smart...if I was him, I'd stick on that point. He's going to be challenged enough as it is making the transition...but doing it without James will really stack the deck against him.
    Fire Goodell

Klaatu barada nikto Array title="suitanim has a brilliant future"> suitanim's Avatar

Izzo takes a pass. He reached out to James, James did not answer. To me, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement from LBJ. So, whether or not he has a say, his lack of words on Izzo either way seemed to speak volumes to Izzo himself...which in and of itself means he had a pretty big impact on who will NOT be coaching him if he stays.
    Fire Goodell

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Izzo has a pretty sweet deal already.

A couple extra million probably wasn't enough to lure him away from his comfort zone.

He makes 3 million a year.

The Cavs were offering 6. The money was there to make the move...this is ALL about James. He's either not coming back and can't tip his hand (which he would have had to do if he'd have returned Izzo's call), or didn't want Izzo as his coach.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="SteelersinCA is an unknown quantity at this point">

The opposite is also true, which earlier reports seemed to indicate LBJ would be supportive of Izzo being hired to coach the Cavs, he's not coming back.

Which is what I said: He's either not coming back, or he doesn't like Izzo as his HC. IF it's the latter, he just decided who was NOT going to be coaching him. Time will tell...and that's the beauty of all these debates. Jordan didn't win his first championship for 7 years, but he also played college ball. James is young.

Regardless of where he goes (if he goes), I'll still support him. I think he's potentially the greatest basketball player the World has ever known...and he grew up 10 minutes from where I was born, AND he didn't disparage where he's from at any time. That counts for a lot....
    Fire Goodell

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

This thread was moving along nicely until the personal attacks started once again. Any more such posts will be deleted on sight. Let's keep this discussion clean.

People never learn...they shouldn't poke the bear.

Anyway, the latest: During the Dan Patrick interview, Izzo hinted that his own loyalty to East Lansing kept him from signing on with the Cavs, and he also stated that he thinks James is being "tugged by the same thing". He also heard lot's of positives from people in James camp. Dan Patrick asked him point blank if he thought James was staying and Izzo said he thought he was.

So it looks like Izzo gave it serious consideration and simply decided that, James or no James, he just wanted to stay in college ball. He also made it clear that this was the very last time he'd take a look at the NBA. BUT not knowing what was going to happen was the ultimate factor in his decision, so in that regard, LBJ had a direct influence on the hiring (or not, in this case) of his possible next coach...at least according to Izzo himself...
    Fire Goodell

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
    This thread was moving along nicely until the personal attacks started once again. Any more such posts will be deleted on sight. Let's keep this discussion clean.
    I'm out of town on vacation for a couple of days and come back to this shit again. Jesus Christ - it's beyond the point of being ridiculous anymore.

Folks - the vendetta that was created on the board whose name shall not be mentioned is NOT going to carry over here. No fucking way, no fucking how. I adore all of you, but the shit is going to stop or some heads are going to roll around here. Yes - we are more lenient than that other place but this ongoing fued and suck up bullshit is not conducive to the health and growth of this board and your behaviors are not only unacceptable, but childish.

Get over yourselves or buy a couple of voodoo dolls and prick away.

Please - let's end this juvenile lunacy, k?

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Hey...it's like I said. People take a stick and poke a bear, KNOWING it's a bear, then act all surprised when the bear bites them, and get all weepy and "victimmy"...

The solution is simple: Don't personally attack me, and I won't retaliate. I promise not to launch any preemptive attacks, so that should bury the matter forever. After all, there's only one of me, and a half a dozen (give or take) of them, so as long as my side (read: Me) holds up my end of the bargain, this is over.

As far as this thread, I moved it back onto the topic...
    Fire Goodell

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Hey...it's like I said. People take a stick and poke a bear, KNOWING it's a bear, then act all surprised when the bear bites them, and get all weepy and "victimmy"...

The solution is simple: Don't personally attack me, and I won't retaliate. I promise not to launch any preemptive attacks, so that should bury the matter forever. After all, there's only one of me, and a half a dozen (give or take) of them, so as long as my side (read: Me) holds up my end of the bargain, this is over.

As far as this thread, I moved it back onto the topic...
    Thank you suit.

Geek God Array title="X-Terminator has a reputation beyond repute"> X-Terminator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    Thank you suit.
    Ditto.

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    I'm out of town on vacation for a couple of days and come back to this shit again.
    damn. me too. :dang: looks like i missed some pretty good deleted posts.

so it looks like izzo bailed out.

which in and of itself means he had a pretty big impact on who will NOT be coaching him if he stays.
    of course this is false.

the owner of the cleveland cavaliers came out and said as much. the owners word (or FO) is final. its like gospel... there is no debating this point.

I was gone a few days, I don't think I attacked anyone, if so, apologies.

Senior Member Array title="Shea is an unknown quantity at this point"> Shea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
    I was gone a few days, I don't think I attacked anyone, if so, apologies.
    No, you didn't do anything wrong. Someone jumped in and did defend you though.

Turns out they are just a whorshipping dolt though.

Back on topic, please.

Izzo reached out to Lebron. Lebron failed to reach back. In essence, LBJ's silence was deafening.
    Fire Goodell

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=5333896

According to this LeBron is leaning toward Chicago.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

AKA xfl2001fan-GO BROWNS! Array title="GitNoLuv is on a distinguished road"> GitNoLuv's Avatar

I don't think Lebron is "leaning" in any direction. I believe he is weighing all of his options.

That being said, Chicago is a bad fit for him because he plays a similar game to Rose (slash to the basket...although it's more like a rhinoceros in LBJ's case) and either find the open man or finish. Both Rose and LBJ need to have better shooters around them to maximize their talents...and Rose/LBJ are not exactly great shooters.
    Official SteelUniverse Guru and BrainTrust Committee Chairman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GitNoLuv View Post
    I don't think Lebron is "leaning" in any direction. I believe he is weighing all of his options.

That being said, Chicago is a bad fit for him because he plays a similar game to Rose (slash to the basket...although it's more like a rhinoceros in LBJ's case) and either find the open man or finish. Both Rose and LBJ need to have better shooters around them to maximize their talents...and Rose/LBJ are not exactly great shooters.
    Yea i dont think Chicago is the best place for him either, but more because of the living up to Jordan and being compared to him with everything he does. Thats kind of already the case but it would increase big time if he plays for the same team as MJ.

But that executive saying "I think its a done deal" does keep my interest.....

AKA xfl2001fan-GO BROWNS! Array title="GitNoLuv is on a distinguished road"> GitNoLuv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    Yea i dont think Chicago is the best place for him either, but more because of the living up to Jordan and being compared to him with everything he does. Thats kind of already the case but it would increase big time if he plays for the same team as MJ.

But that executive saying "I think its a done deal" does keep my interest.....
    Yeah, I ignore the playing under MJ's shadow...because the converse argument (why else did he change his number from 23 to 6) would come up. It's not one anybody can win. I take James' word at face value til he's proven he doesn't deserve his word to be taken at face value.

As far as "executives" go...give me a few minutes of effort...and I am sure I can find you just as many "sources" that indicate he's staying in Cleveland, going to Miami, going to the Clippers, sign and trade with Dallas...and I'm sure there's another I've forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by GitNoLuv View Post
    Yeah, I ignore the playing under MJ's shadow...because the converse argument (why else did he change his number from 23 to 6) would come up. It's not one anybody can win. I take James' word at face value til he's proven he doesn't deserve his word to be taken at face value.

As far as "executives" go...give me a few minutes of effort...and I am sure I can find you just as many "sources" that indicate he's staying in Cleveland, going to Miami, going to the Clippers, sign and trade with Dallas...and I'm sure there's another I've forgotten about.
    Yea you are right about that

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar

If LeBron leaves Cleveland, does anyone else think he becomes public enemy number one in the state of Ohio. I think he might get so much hate for giving up on the Cavs that he will have a hard time returning to Akron even. I'll probably lose respect for him if he leaves.

Why? He's been with the Cavs seven years and hasn't won a championship. Does he have to suffer his whole career to earn Ohio's respect? I think that's insane. If he's smart he leaves; Akron is his home not Cleveland. Cleveland didn't claim Akron until LBJ came along, it's not a suburb and nobody living in Cleveland gave a shit about Akron until LBJ. LBJ doesn't give a shit about Cleveland either, he loves Akron. Akron is his home and his love.

Quote Originally Posted by xX-TSK-Xx View Post
    If LeBron leaves Cleveland, does anyone else think he becomes public enemy number one in the state of Ohio. I think he might get so much hate for giving up on the Cavs that he will have a hard time returning to Akron even. I'll probably lose respect for him if he leaves.
    Naw...this isn't like Art Modell stealing a franchise away from the city and shipping it to Baltimore. Lebron still needs to do what's best for Lebron...and I am fairly confident that Lebron would continue to host various functions/charities for Akron if he left.

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

This looks just about right,,,,, I can dream can't I ? lol

Fourth String Quarterback Array title="xX-TSK-Xx "> xX-TSK-Xx's Avatar

Thats a pretty big dream. Knicks are probably behind Cleveland, Chicago, New Jersey and Miami in the LeBron sweepstakes.

Byron Scott is the new coach of the cavs.

Black and Gold Lantern Array title="The Duke is just really nice"> The Duke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    This looks just about right,,,,, I can dream can't I ? lol

Hey, a fellow knicks fan

I still have my doubts it happens though....
    "We're a team. There's no offense. There's no defense. There's no special teams. We're one. We're a band of brothers." – Ben Roethlisberger

AKA Bullet Tooth Tony Array title="tony hipchest will become famous soon enough">

question-

has there been a moratorium placed on speaking freely about the ultra douchbaggery of labron james around here?

BSPN is having a 3 hour sportscenter special leading up to his hour long thursday primetime (longtime most coveted spot in television) announcement special?

talk about making yourself bigger than the game.

i get that this is the biggest story in the world right now, which leads me to even more astonishment there has been no outrage or even a comment on this board.

its bigger than obama, BP oil spill, even netherlands/spain in the world cup.

i can only imagine the reaction if brett favre pulled this money grabbin stunt. or worse yet, brady, kobe, a-rod, ovetchkin, or jeter.

what gives? (and save me the "he's doing it for charity" BS, which is nothing more than an income tax write off.)