Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Divisional Playoffs: Jaguars Round 2

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Divisional Playoffs: Jaguars Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I have no worries with Bortles, my worries are Fournette, Bortles threw one pass in second half last time. I suspect he’ll have a couple of big plays due to our secondary miscommunications but as long as we stop the run which includes Bortles running,Steelers will get the W.no pic sixes and hold them to fg’s. I think it’s about time for Haden to have pic 6.
    If you break down what the Jags offense did against us the last meeting, it comes to 9 points. 2 pick sixes, and 1 90 yard run that we cannot allow to happen this week. Take that 21 points off the board and the Jags score only 9 points. Again, we have to take care of what we do. We are the better team.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    What good does it do to sit around and worry about things we have zero control over? Not taking the Jags defense lightly at all. Their offense, maybe I am. If we take care of the things we can, we win this game. Steelers are the better team.
    Agreed and the Steelers won't be taking the Jags lightly. They'll be ready for this game. If anything, from what I've been reading across the web, it seems like the Jags and the national media are taking the Steelers a bit lightly based on beating us the first game.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

I would love to see steelers come out in no huddle, and assuming they’re not going 3 and out continue with it. The more chances we have the better, as opposed to playing patsies you want to keep Marcia off field. Plus it will fatigue their D.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I think the Steelers need to get to an early lead and, control the game. We don't want the Jags to have the lead into the 4th QtR that could be dangerous and, stop the run make force Brotles to make plays. I think JUJU and, Bell could have big games with Mcdonald as well. I expect Ben to plat a great game as well.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Stop the run.
    Spy Blake.
    Win.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Forecast of 16 degrees ENE wind at 3 mph at kickoff tomorrow then rising to a toasty 17 degrees by 4 pm

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/15241:4:US

Glad to see minimal wind in forecast should not be a factor for both passing and kicking games

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Other teams fans just never learn.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

Tomlin playing poker again.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I wish this game would just happen already. I really need to stop sitting in the dark hate watching Broncos-Steelers 2011 and trying to determine if Bortles is better or worse than Tebow!

Seriously, I’m like some Kleenex boxes for shoes and jars of pee away from being late stage Howard Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I wish this game would just happen already. I really need to stop sitting in the dark hate watching Broncos-Steelers 2011 and trying to determine if Bortles is better or worse than Tebow!

Seriously, I’m like some Kleenex boxes for shoes and jars of pee away from being late stage Howard Hughes.
    Same thing for me!

The wait is so long and I am so nervous, like I am before each game, especially in the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Pretty much sums up a lot things we've been assuming: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01...-jacksonville/

Use the tight end and RB as outlets. Run Bell heavily and use playaction to crack Telvin's sideline to sideline speed
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Sorry guys but I won't be watching, my wife is in a coma and I would appreciate any prayers you could throw my way. Love you guys, go steelers and God Bless!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    Sorry guys but I won't be watching, my wife is in a coma and I would appreciate any prayers you could throw my way. Love you guys, go steelers and God Bless!

Take care of what you need to take care of. Prayers absolutely, no question.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

So sorry, puts thing in perspective. Tomorrow just a game. Much more important things in life. Praying for your wife and family.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Praying for your wife & family!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Keeping your wife and family in my prayers.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Sorry to hear it. My thoughts and prayers go out to your and your family.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Will keep your family in my thoughts.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Take care of what you need to take care of. Prayers absolutely, no question.
    Thanks brother

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    So sorry, puts thing in perspective. Tomorrow just a game. Much more important things in life. Praying for your wife and family.
    Thanks a lot everybody!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Praying for your wife & family!
    Thanks brother

Thanks so much everybody!! Go get em Steelers!!!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Very sorry to hear and prayers sent Steel Mayhem and God Bless you guys.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

So sorry to hear that. You take care of the things that really matter in this world. I'll be praying for both of you and keeping you in my thoughts.

Stay strong. All the best.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

So sorry SteelMayhem72, stay strong for your wife, she needs you and your strength now more than ever. My prayer's will be coming your way for a good, healthy recovery for your wife and family. Stay strong my friend. GOD BLESS

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

So sorry to read what you are going tgrough

Prayers for your family and you

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Damn man, I'm really sorry to hear that. We're sending prayers to your wife and family. Be strong!