Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Divisional Playoffs: Jaguars Round 2

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Divisional Playoffs: Jaguars Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Beasley Reece level is just bad.

Eagle and Fouts are the #2 team. That's scary.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...17-nfl-season/
    I used to think Fouts was just a vanilla, down the middle guy with some good QB insight from all his experience and Ian Eagle is McLovin from Superbad. But Fouts definitely has an anti Steelers bias and in hindsight McLovin is so much more insightful and animated than Eagle.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I used to think Fouts was just a vanilla, down the middle guy with some good QB insight from all his experience and Ian Eagle is McLovin from Superbad. But Fouts definitely has an anti Steelers bias and in hindsight McLovin is so much more insightful and animated than Eagle.
    You win the internet!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    You win the internet!
    I'm just sayin'

Junior Member Array title="vinny600 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Just watched Steelers/Jags game from week 5 and I feel much better about this rematch. We actually moved the ball rather well on them the whole game. The biggest problem I see is 3 red zone trips, 3 field goals. We have to score 7 when we get in the red zone. Plus I had forgotten that Ben did connect with AB for a TD that was called back on a Decastro hold.

I also hadn’t remembered that both the pick 6’s were rather fluke. The first one was tipped at the LOS (which Jacksonville is very good at so not totally by chance), and the second one was tipped out of AB’s hands by Ramsey straight to the safety. One of the other interceptions JuJu fell down so it looks like Ben threw it straight to the safety when in reality it would have been right where JuJu should have been. Also on the last INT it should have been Defensive holding because Ramsey yanked AB to the ground by his arm. Oh and the AB TD that was called back was against Ramsey, whom AB owned that game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vinny600 View Post
    Just watched Steelers/Jags game from week 5 and I feel much better about this rematch. We actually moved the ball rather well on them the whole game. The biggest problem I see is 3 red zone trips, 3 field goals. We have to score 7 when we get in the red zone. Plus I had forgotten that Ben did connect with AB for a TD that was called back on a Decastro hold.

I also hadn’t remembered that both the pick 6’s were rather fluke. The first one was tipped at the LOS (which Jacksonville is very good at so not totally by chance), and the second one was tipped out of AB’s hands by Ramsey straight to the safety. One of the other interceptions JuJu fell down so it looks like Ben threw it straight to the safety when in reality it would have been right where JuJu should have been. Also on the last INT it should have been Defensive holding because Ramsey yanked AB to the ground by his arm. Oh and the AB TD that was called back was against Ramsey, whom AB owned that game.

Good points.

Good post.

Welcme to the board.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    A Million Stan Humphrieses will never match Tim Tebow. Nothing will top losing to Tim Tebow in 2011. Nothing. Blake Bortles isn't good, but at least he can throw the ball at the pro level.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    A Million Stan Humphrieses will never match Tim Tebow. Nothing will top losing to Tim Tebow in 2011. Nothing. Blake Bortles isn't good, but at least he can throw the ball at the pro level.
    Did you watch yesterday's game? He was brutal, and made Trent Dilfer look like Joe Montana.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Getting Borltled would be worse than getting Tebowed.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Agreed. Bortles is a way better NFL QB than Tebow ever was (not saying that he's good). Bortles, Carr, Manning, Prescott and Dalton all had very similar years this year and they were all better than Mariota, Flacco, Cutler and many others. He's far from the worst starting QB in the NFL. He's just average.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vinny600 View Post

Nice observations!!! Welcome to the board!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Why? Steelers use a fullback. Isn't that a dealbreaker for Arians???

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

40% of Bortles' throws have been crossing routes (22%) or non-screen passes to RB's (18%). Throw in screen passes and this dude is seriously allergic to throwing past 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. Hilton is going to be huge for us

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-for-each-team
    Last edited by Psycho Ward 86; 01-09-2018 at 11:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Villanueva says the Steelers started preparing for the Jaguars last week, assumed they would win.

Ben is also undefeated in home Divisional round playoff games (3-0) and (5-1) overall in all Divisional round playoff games (The lone loss being his start with a separated shoulder against the Broncos in 2015 with no Antonio Brown, Leveon Bell, or Deangelo Williams)

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...c-playoffs-nfl
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Villanueva says the Steelers started preparing for the Jaguars last week, assumed they would win.

Ben is also undefeated in home Divisional round playoff games (3-0) and (5-1) overall in all Divisional round playoff games (The lone loss being his start with a separated shoulder against the Broncos in 2015 with no Antonio Brown, Leveon Bell, or Deangelo Williams)

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...c-playoffs-nfl
    It was the good decision of the steelers to prepare against the Jaguars and I'm not surprised.

This is not the first time a team has done that ... Jim Harbaugh did the same thing in 2011, preparing for the saints during their bye week....

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Filling gaps, staying in assigned lanes, not over-pursuing, and then getting the guy on the ground will be the defensive keys against the Jags. So much of their offense is running and then yards after the catch by receivers after they get you going one way and go back the other way...

...Unfortunately, several of those things have been constant struggles for the Steelers defense this year. If the defense that played KC shows up they are good. If the defense that played the Bears shows up -- Ben and the offense better score 45.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

The first Jags game is still a burr in Bens A$$. I think we will see Ben super focused and very aggressive (in a good way). The gut playing starts on both sides of the ball this weekend. They have the added motivation to bring home #7 for Dan Rooney and Ryan Shazier. And everyone wants to see James Harrison reject his ring since he didn't earn it.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Well shit...

Good thing we signed Alualu, he's been solid when given PT