Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread:Wild Card round

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Game Thread:Wild Card round

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    falcons up 19-10 heading into 4th quarter. Will they blow this lead?
    They will make Goff beat them - loaded up to stop Gurley

Rams defensive line must be gassed

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    They will make Goff beat them - loaded up to stop Gurley

Rams defensive line must be gassed

Those two special teams fumbles by Pharoh Cooper were huge.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Congratulations Atlanta, you managed not to blow a big lead in a playoff game. Progress

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Absolutely ridiculous that the officials didn't call that holding/pass interference penalty on the Falcons on that throw into the end zone.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous that the officials didn't call that holding/pass interference penalty on the Falcons on that throw into the end zone.
    Of course the NFL refs aren't going to be held accountable, they never do

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Of course the NFL refs aren't going to be held accountable, they never do
    The NFL officiating just disgusts me. There were quite a few bad calls in the Chiefs/Titans game also, like the "forward progress" call when Mariota fumbled. It really just kills my enjoyment of the games.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

The NFL officiating just disgusts me. There were quite a few bad calls in the Chiefs/Titans game also, like the "forward progress" call when Mariota fumbled. It really just kills my enjoyment of the games.
    Yep. Here is a complete and comprehensive list of every officiating crew that doesn't completely suck:

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Yep. Here is a complete and comprehensive list of every officiating crew that doesn't completely suck:
    And these allegedly are the "all star" officials assembled from different crews - imagine the dreck that did not make the cut

The broadcasters have had enough are starting to call out the officials - Al Michaels noted it was ridiculous it took around 5 minutes to review what was an obvious turnover on the fumbled punt return early in the Rams-Falcons game

And after calling out Al Riveron for overturning the Bills TD catch in the Pats game 2 weeks ago, Mike Pereira had this to say about the officiating in Chiefs-Titans

LOL, yep. These guys in the playoffs are supposed to be the best and they still suck.

And these allegedly are the "all star" officials assembled from different crews - imagine the dreck that did not make the cut

The broadcasters have had enough are starting to call out the officials - Al Michaels noted it was ridiculous it took around 5 minutes to review what was an obvious turnover on the fumbled punt return early in the Rams-Falcons game

And after calling out Al Riveron for overturning the Bills TD catch in the Pats game 2 weeks ago, Mike Pereira had this to say about the officiating in Chiefs-Titans

If more and more media attention is brought towards the awful officiating, maybe Gotohell with FINALLY start holding these officials accountable since that hack of a commissioner seems to be driven solely by media attention, and maybe Al Riggeron will get canned too

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Titans beating the Chiefs? No big shock there.

Falcons stealing one in LA over a hot Rams team, huge upset. Todd Gurley only 14 carries. Still got 100yards. Should have fed the beast you stupid, stupid Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Titans beating the Chiefs? No big shock there.

Falcons stealing one in LA over a hot Rams team, huge upset. Todd Gurley only 14 carries. Still got 100yards. Should have fed the beast you stupid, stupid Rams.
    Something might have been going on with Gurley such as illness

Al Michaels said Gurley was exhausted when Gurley was not on the field earlier in the 4th quarter and for at least 2 of the 4 plays when the Rams turned it over on downs with about 2 minutes to go after having first and goal

Falcons we’re focusing on Gurley and decided Goff was the one who would have to beat them - they made the right choice

Falcons have a great shot to beat the Eagles next Saturday

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Something might have been going on with Gurley such as illness

Al Michaels said Gurley was exhausted when Gurley was not on the field earlier in the 4th quarter and for at least 2 of the 4 plays when the Rams turned it over on downs with about 2 minutes to go after having first and goal

Falcons we’re focusing on Gurley and decided Goff was the one who would have to beat them - they made the right choice

Falcons have a great shot to beat the Eagles next Saturday
    Only 14 carries that still went for 100yards? Looks like the Rams made the decision that Goff would have to be the ones to win the game.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Thought the Titans victory was more of an upset that the Falcons. Falcons have years of playoff experience on the Rams both on the field and on the sideline. Called that one from the get go. The Chiefs not containing Derrick Henry was a bit of a surprise. I like Henry and think he’s the better back in Tennessee, but I thought the Chiefs Defense, st home, would’ve handled business.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

The Blown Lead Clique:

At least Triplette is going to retire. Thank goodness!!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I didn't watch either game but this "Forward Progress" rule hasn't been called regularly since probably the 90s. What a joke.

http://thebiglead.com/2018/01/06/vid...-of-game-time/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-performance/

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I didn't watch either game but this "Forward Progress" rule hasn't been called regularly since probably the 90s. What a joke.

http://thebiglead.com/2018/01/06/vid...-of-game-time/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-performance/
    That "forward progress" call was one of the worst calls that I've seen in a while. Johnson came straight up the middle and blasted Mariota while he was standing in the pocket. Mariota wasn't running or even moving with the ball. The call by Triplette made absolutely no sense at all.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Thought the Titans victory was more of an upset that the Falcons. Falcons have years of playoff experience on the Rams both on the field and on the sideline. Called that one from the get go. The Chiefs not containing Derrick Henry was a bit of a surprise. I like Henry and think he’s the better back in Tennessee, but I thought the Chiefs Defense, st home, would’ve handled business.
    The chiefs have never been a good team against the run....

- - - Updated - - -

That "forward progress" call was one of the worst calls that I've seen in a while. Johnson came straight up the middle and blasted Mariota while he was standing in the pocket. Mariota wasn't running or even moving with the ball. The call by Triplette made absolutely no sense at all.
    It was a horrible call.

Also when Kelce got his concussion, it was a fumble but they have not been see the replay of that(it was under the 2 minutes in the first half)!

Moments later, the chiefs scored a TD in this drive ....

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It was a horrible call.

Also when Kelce got his concussion, it was a fumble but they have not been see the replay of that(it was under the 2 minutes in the first half)!

Moments later, the chiefs scored a TD in this drive ....
    Yep, blowing the Kelce play dead was a terrible call also.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Agreed, the Falcons had just been in a Super Bowl. Prior to tonight, the Rams hadn't even been to the playoffs since Ben's rookie year and none of their best players had any playoff experience

- - - Updated - - -

At least Triplette is going to retire. Thank goodness!!!

Good, need more of these guy to retire

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

The Rams just fell for the inexperience trap. They will be a force for next few years. It will be fun to watch them battle The Rainy City Bitch Pigeons and San Fran

Bortles is aiming the ball. Picks incoming

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Bortles is aiming the ball. Picks incoming

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Just arrived home from Mass and then grocery shopping. Doesn't seem like I missed much given there were 6 punts already.

Just keep moving the ball Bills, wear this defense out.

- - - Updated - - -

Bortles is terrrrriiiibbbblllleee

Why didn't someone tell me the Jags hired Todd Haley as OC. Someone tell Jacksonville it is legal to throw a pass beyond 5 yards in a playoff game. And Bortles isn't leading anyone to a Super Bowl

Bills following the Falcons plan last night - sell out on run and make the young QB with no playoff experience beat you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Just keep moving the ball Bills, wear this defense out.

- - - Updated - - -

Bortles is terrrrriiiibbbblllleee
    i prefer getting Jax over Titans next Sunday

- - - Updated - - -

Assume McCoy had Toradol for breakfast

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

who would you guys rather play???

Jags are undisciplined, when things start going bad they get chippy and start committing personal fouls.