Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patriots about to have some media annoyance. RIFT between Brady, Kraft and Belichick?

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Patriots about to have some media annoyance. RIFT between Brady, Kraft and Belichick?

https://twitter.com/bruceallen/statu...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

The article claims that the rift is so severe many Patriots feel this is the last year together for the trio. Also that Brady went to Kraft to force Belichick to trade Jimmy G. ESPN is planning a full day of promotion tomorrow for the article and its author @SethWickershamhttps://twitter.com/bruceallen/status/949069691691130880https://twitter.com/bruceallen/status/949069691691130880

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Re: Patriots about to have some media annoyance. RIFT bewtween Brady,Kraft, and Bellchick?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Patriots about to have some media annoyance. RIFT bewtween Brady,Kraft, and Bellchick?

Brady: "Goatse is the best!"

Belichick: "No way, Meatspin is the best."

Brady: "Goatse!"

Belichick: "Meatspin!"

Brady: "Goatse!"

Belichick: "Meatspin!"

Brady: "GOATSE!!"

Belichick: "MEATSPIN!!"

Kraft: "dude - Lemon party!"

Brady (muttering as he walks away): "I still think it's Goatse."
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Shady Brady and, the Dark Sith Lord!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Here’s the article. Worth the read.

http://es.pn/2qnREc1

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Haven't read the article but is this shades of Jimmy Johnson/Jerry Jones from the 90s?

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Brady may be considered the GOAT, but he will always remain a bitch.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Interesting read - after five Lombardis Belichick still has the mindset to pull stunts like this last Sunday to get any edge he can

Belichick ordered the field crew to hang thermometers in the hallway outside of the Jets' locker room, just to mess with a franchise he still hates so much that he barely mentions his years there in the Patriots' media guide.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page...power-struggle

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Brady may be considered the GOAT, but he will always remain a bitch.
    He's considered the GOAT? I would've guessed at the fringes of the conversation for top 10 maybe.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    He's considered the GOAT? I would've guessed at the fringes of the conversation for top 10 maybe.
    If you listen to the ESPN/FOX/NBC knob slobbers, he is the GOAT.

Banned Array title="Patriot71 is on a distinguished road">

When was the last post season that the media or league didn't fabricate some bogus stuff to try and throw the Patriots off there game. Keep saying it and one year you'll be right.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Honestly, at the QB position I think most have it down to Montana or Brady, with some old schoolers throwing in Johnny U in the conversation. I think that is pretty realistic. There are a bunch of guys like Elway, Manning, Marino in the next tier, but I personally put Montana 1 and Brady 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot71 View Post
    When was the last post season that the media or league didn't fabricate some bogus stuff to try and throw the Patriots off there game. Keep saying it and one year you'll be right.
    Wow, I thought Steeler fans were paranoid. Brady is 40, the window is closing and my guess is when he goes, so does Bill. IMO, Belichek is the equivalent to Phil Jackson...gets all kinds of credit for wins, but lucked out by coaching the best player of the generation in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Honestly, at the QB position I think most have it down to Montana or Brady, with some old schoolers throwing in Johnny U in the conversation. I think that is pretty realistic. There are a bunch of guys like Elway, Manning, Marino in the next tier, but I personally put Montana 1 and Brady 2.
    Eh. I don't really see it that way. Off the top of my head:

More championships* - Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman

More talented - Marino, Elway, Favre, Manning, Young, Fouts, Unitas (plus 4-5 more you could argue - Brees, Moon etc)

QBs I'd rather have on my team - dozens

QBs who could do the same thing in the same system in the same salary cap era - even more dozens

(since I'm sure it will come up, by "more championships," I mean two things. One that anyone who thinks the Patriots can legitimately claim more than one or two titles is delusional. The other that Montana, Bradshaw, and Aikman had much more dominant runs over time on much more dominant teams, as well as better records in championship games).
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Eh. I don't really see it that way. Off the top of my head:

More championships* - Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman

More talented - Marino, Elway, Favre, Manning, Young, Fouts, Unitas (plus 4-5 more you could argue - Brees, Moon etc)

QBs I'd rather have on my team - dozens

QBs who could do the same thing in the same system in the same salary cap era - even more dozens

(since I'm sure it will come up, by "more championships," I mean two things. One that anyone who thinks the Patriots can legitimately claim more than one or two titles is delusional. The other that Montana, Bradshaw, and Aikman had much more dominant runs over time on much more dominant teams, as well as better records in championship games).

Luckily coaching isn't your profession.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

There’s truth to the Garrapolo portion. Belichick is way too smart to turn down better trade offers only to accept something less, out of the blue, without some sort of “push”. That kind of move isn’t in his wheel house.

Neither is trolling, but hey, who's keeping score of that?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Neither is trolling, but hey, who's keeping score of that?

Show me a troll post? Just because you don't agree doesn't make me a troll.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Patriot 71 ... the only thing reason why I can buy .05% of this story is because Brissett was traded to the Colts earlier. Then when they traded Garropolo i was like " this doesnt make sense with a 40 year old qb to get rid of a high ceiling back up qb and leave no saftey net for the drqnchise.

The other 99.5% i believe is that it is over exagerrated hot air before the playoffs.

Can I ask you, how did you feel when they abruptly traded Jimmy G?

Show me a troll post? Just because you don't agree doesn't make me a troll.
    Patriots fan and troll can typically be used interchangeably. Maybe there are exceptions, but there's still zero payoff for making the effort to figure that out.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Objectively, I agree. As much as I think you are just a trolling masshole, some straws are being grasped at by some fans to discredit Brady.

-Fouts over Brady?? There isn't a sportswriter or sane football mind, outside of San Diego or Oregon that ranks Fouts over Brady.

-Favre?? Just look at both in the clutch and you see Favre throwing key INT's. So much that the top 10 are ranked here. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...-favres-career

-Elway? Yes I think John Elway was great, but ask yourself if he ever won a ring without Terrell Davis' rushing ability?

Again, Brady is 40 and this drama is real. I heard Seth Wickersham interview on Sirius today and he is confident in his sources. There is divide in the Patriots organization around Brady, his trainer and Brady going to Kraft to have Garropalo traded. Even ex-Patriot Tedy Bruschi mentioned its "unBelichekian to not have a plan for the future at the most important position on the team" when they traded Jimmy G.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Objectively, I agree. As much as I think you are just a trolling masshole, some straws are being grasped at by some fans to discredit Brady.

-Fouts over Brady?? There isn't a sportswriter or sane football mind, outside of San Diego or Oregon that ranks Fouts over Brady.

-Favre?? Just look at both in the clutch and you see Favre throwing key INT's. So much that the top 10 are ranked here. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...-favres-career

-Elway? Yes I think John Elway was great, but ask yourself if he ever won a ring without Terrell Davis' rushing ability?

Again, Brady is 40 and this drama is real. I heard Seth Wickersham interview on Sirius today and he is confident in his sources. There is divide in the Patriots organization around Brady, his trainer and Brady going to Kraft to have Garropalo traded. Even ex-Patriot Tedy Bruschi mentioned its "unBelichekian to not have a plan for the future at the most important position on the team" when they traded Jimmy G.
    I mean, part of this is that I do not think Brady is anything special, period. I am willing to give Belichick all the credit in the world for developing a system that exploits the current meta so well, and a personnel system that exploits the current salary-cap realities so well. But next to none of the credit belongs to Brady.

Honestly, you could practically put any tall guy who can get rid of the ball quickly with decent accuracy back there, and you'd earn a division title and a roughly 1-in-4 chance at a Super Bowl every year. You do not need an all-time great QB. If Brady did not have the unbelievable crap-ass luck to be in the right place at the right time, I am reasonably certain you'd be looking at ... I don't know, Kurt Warner if he never got to a Super Bowl, or something like that. Chad Pennington without a bum shoulder. Put Brady on the Jets and he's a career nobody, and the Jets still lose. Put one of the other guys on that list on the Jets, and they ARE the difference that makes the Jets a good team.

Conversely, if you had someone like John Elway in place of Brady, would he win just as many or more championships? That's easy. Dan Fouts is there for a reason - because you don't even need to be as good as Dan Fouts to make it work in that system. You just do not need to be that good. Brady won a couple of championships that were all set up for him, but any reasonably competent QB would have. He gets a lot of credit for being the middleman carrying out an effective plan, that's all.

/rant
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

At least this gets the “drama” headlines off the Steelers for a day or two.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Honestly, you could practically put any tall guy who can get rid of the ball quickly with decent accuracy back there, and you'd earn a division title and a roughly 1-in-4 chance at a Super Bowl every year.
    Wow! Mind. Blown.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Bill Belichick 'sees an opening' to coach Giants and might take it amid Patriots drama: source

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3739643

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Brady is the GOAT. It’s almost a closed discussion really. I’ll listen to Montana and Otto Graham or Johnny U. But some of the stuff floating here is downright silly.

They had a tall guy with accuracy. Drew Bledsoe. Brady is light years better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BostonBlackie

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Bill Belichick 'sees an opening' to coach Giants and might take it amid Patriots drama: source

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3739643

Could be an interesting off season around here. Most of us in the Boston area, who are old enough, grew up Giants fans because that's the team that was on TV here in the 50s, and early 60s.

Giants submit requests to interview Patriots’ Josh McDaniels, Matt Patricia

"The Daily News has been reporting for more than a week that McDaniels and Patricia were the Giants’ top two targets and that Wilks, with a connection to Giants GM Dave Gettleman from Carolina, would be a candidate. ESPN reported the Giants formally reaching out to the Patriots while NFL Network reported their request to the Panthers."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3731069

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Patriots about to have some media annoyance. RIFT between Brady, Kraft and Belichick?

This will be some nice off season drama...looking forward to seeing how this unfolds.

BostonBlackie

Once upon a time