Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Patriots about to have some media annoyance. RIFT between Brady, Kraft and Belichick?

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Patriots about to have some media annoyance. RIFT between Brady, Kraft and Belichick?

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot71 View Post
    Stays the lady who obviously has no idea what she's seeing while watching a game. But I'm sure that you do know your knob slobbering.
    Don't be a douche while visiting our forums asshat.

Banned Array title="Patriot71 is on a distinguished road">

Re: Patriots about to have some media annoyance. RIFT between Brady, Kraft and Belichick?

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Don't be a douche while visiting our forums asshat.

Screw you douche nozzle. I gave her back the same thing she gave me. Same with you Butt plug. Maybe you should treat guest better if you can't take what you dish?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Ooooooh, you sure told me, Masshole.

Yep, you're all the same. Every last one of ya.
    No we aren't all the same. Stupid statement and Masshole is a proud moniker dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    How does one explain Belichick trading Garoppolo for less at the end of the season than what he could’ve had in the spring or summer? Much less...

What I've learned is you don't try to figure him out. Just trust him. How can you not?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

What I've learned is you don't try to figure him out. Just trust him. How can you not?
    No. This is very unlike Belichick. Not only did he get less than what he could have but at the time he put his teams depth in serious jeopardy had Brady got hurt. There was no guarantee that Homer would’ve cleared waivers. Belichick gambled and won there but it’s still a huge downgrade from Garropolo. It’s just not a Belichick type move...he’s smarter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Banned Array title="Patriot71 is on a distinguished road">

No. This is very unlike Belichick. Not only did he get less than what he could have but at the time he put his teams depth in serious jeopardy had Brady got hurt. There was no guarantee that Homer would’ve cleared waivers. Belichick gambled and won there but it’s still a huge downgrade from Garropolo. It’s just not a Belichick type move...he’s smarter than that.

Good points and no one can figure it out as much as it's been talked about up here. But Kraft, BB and Brady have all said everything is fine. The article has proven to be false on every level.

BostonBlackie

Belichick went to the wire with Garoppolo. He kept him as long as he did because that was the smart thing to do. They apparently offered him good money to keep him around, he didn't take it. Belichick didn't have another move other than trading Brady, and I'm sure he felt the best shot now was with with Brady. Letting Garoppolo go is a bitter pill to swallow, but Belichick really had no choice.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

SI interview with the ESPN reporter on the story

Why would the game's shrewdest long-term strategist trade two backup quarterbacks in a two-month span when his starter was 40 years old and banged up? ...

I knew that they would deny that a meeting between Kraft and Belichick about Garoppolo took place. I worked on the story for two months and I had multiple conversations with multiple sources about that meeting. And I stand by my reporting.

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2018/0...night-football

Brady rolls with the explanation it is simply a matter of selecting the alternative facts you prefer, which is as good an explanation as any for the Pats history of engaging in then denying sketchy behavior

Asked what was true in the story, Brady called that "a tough question."

"Everyone has different truths," Brady said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...rancisco-49ers

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Good points and no one can figure it out as much as it's been talked about up here. But Kraft, BB and Brady have all said everything is fine. The article has proven to be false on every level.
    Of course that’s what the three of them are going to say. You think they would say what actually happened? The story hasn’t been proven false on ANY level...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBlackie View Post
    Belichick went to the wire with Garoppolo. He kept him as long as he did because that was the smart thing to do. They apparently offered him good money to keep him around, he didn't take it. Belichick didn't have another move other than trading Brady, and I'm sure he felt the best shot now was with with Brady. Letting Garoppolo go is a bitter pill to swallow, but Belichick really had no choice.
    He had plenty of moves other than taking MUCH less than he did. He could’ve went back to the Browns, he could’ve kept him as insurance if Brady went down...seeing that it’s been reported Brady has had a bad ACL, he could’ve kept him and traded him once the season was over or placed a tag on him and gotten more than what he did from the Niners. Do that for a couple seasons and at that point deal with an aging Brady. There were plenty of options other than taking a last minute deal from the 49ers. When was the last time the Patriots got raped in a trade? Pretty much never...the move wasn’t a Belichick style move. He’s not one to panic and take what he can get unless his hand is forced.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Gotta figure Kraft pit his foot down. Based on past record, the most Belichick move would've been to trade Brady. It fits with a pattern of previous moves

Something had to have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Based on what? Their denial or independent reliable sources? If the latter would you link?

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Stays the lady who obviously has no idea what she's seeing while watching a game. But I'm sure that you do know your knob slobbering.
    That bought you 1 week on the sidelines. Next time, it is permanent.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Gotta figure Kraft pit his foot down. Based on past record, the most Belichick move would've been to trade Brady. It fits with a pattern of previous moves

Something had to have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Kraft wants to see how many more years he can get out of Brady and probably wanted to get something for Jimmy G.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Ooooooh, you sure told me, Masshole.

Yep, you're all the same. Every last one of ya.
    If I had the power to ban only one of the following three: Crash, TeeTee, and typical Patriots fan, I'd ban the typical Patriots fan without a second thought.

BostonBlackie

He had plenty of moves other than taking MUCH less than he did. He could’ve went back to the Browns, he could’ve kept him as insurance if Brady went down...seeing that it’s been reported Brady has had a bad ACL, he could’ve kept him and traded him once the season was over or placed a tag on him and gotten more than what he did from the Niners. Do that for a couple seasons and at that point deal with an aging Brady. There were plenty of options other than taking a last minute deal from the 49ers. When was the last time the Patriots got raped in a trade? Pretty much never...the move wasn’t a Belichick style move. He’s not one to panic and take what he can get unless his hand is forced.
    They tried to keep him, he wanted to play. Unlike the Steelers with Harrison, they let him go and play. It's that simple. And no, they weren't going to ship him to some sh*thole like Cleve, or benefit some other AFC team. If he wasn't going to play for us he's right where he should be for him, the league, and the Patriots.

And BTW, if he wants to come back it's very easy. He forces San Francisco to franchise him twice, at the end of that Brady's gone, he signs with us.