Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brown's Recovery Status

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Brown's Recovery Status

Someone mentioned on SU earlier today that they had not seen or heard much on Brown's progress and were concerned.

Hopefully, this video of him on the treadmill is good news with regard to his recovery for the first playoff game in two weeks.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...ery--113022240
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Brown's Recovery Status

Yeah I saw that earlier today, encouraging for sure. What is that device that he is walking in?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Yeah I saw that earlier today, encouraging for sure. What is that device that he is walking in?
    from SD

It’s a Body weight support treadmill. He wears a suit around lower body. Zips into the tent part. And it’s inflated/pressurizes inside the formed vacuum to take weight off. So he can walk with, for example 25 percent less body weight.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01...dmill-workout/

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    from SD

It’s a Body weight support treadmill. He wears a suit around lower body. Zips into the tent part. And it’s inflated/pressurizes inside the formed vacuum to take weight off. So he can walk with, for example 25 percent less body weight.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01...dmill-workout/
    Cool. Thanks Shoes!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Hopefully, it is a safe treadmill.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Hopefully, it is a safe treadmill.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Stupid human tricks right?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

When AB went down against the Taperiots, I stated that I didn’t care if we lost that game, as long as we got AB back healthy for the playoffs.

Well, we lost that game.

So...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

One more reason why the bye week is so important for the steelers.

Banned Array title="Patriot71 is on a distinguished road">

The best way to recover from a torn calf muscle is by protection, rest, ice, compression, and elevation (PRICE). If treated properly, it can take up to three weeks to heal Grade 1 calf pulls, four to six weeks to heal Grade 2 muscle strains, and three to four months to heal Grade 3 tears.

He's getting the best care so he should be good. I'm thinking he's likely a grade 2. He's a world class runner/athlete in top physical condition. He's going to heal much faster the an ordinary Joe. Four weeks should be good.

Senior Member Array title="StillCurtains is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    When AB went down against the Taperiots, I stated that I didn’t care if we lost that game, as long as we got AB back healthy for the playoffs.

Well, we lost that game.

So...
    I felt the same way!

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Coach T just said at the press conference that AB is coming along well. If we were playing this week, he'd have him characterized as "questionable".
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Coach T just said at the press conference that AB is coming along well. If we were playing this week, he'd have him characterized as "questionable".
    Sounds like he'll be a go for the divisional round then. This bye week was huge.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    That’s good news (although, not great news).

IMO, I would begin the Division game with AB on the sidelines; go with JuJu, Bryant, Bell, & McDonald. Lots of runs (the Jaguars are not as good against the run anyway). After the first three drives, if the Steelers have the lead, keep AB on the sidelines; if the Steelers are behind/the offense is struggling, then you bring AB in.

In other words, save him for the AFCCG.

IMO, I would begin the Division game with AB on the sidelines; go with JuJu, Bryant, Bell, & McDonald. Lots of runs (the Jaguars are not as good against the run anyway). After the first three drives, if the Steelers have the lead, keep AB on the sidelines; if the Steelers are behind/the offense is struggling, then you bring AB in.

Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Exactly!
    The current situation is one of the main reasons we picked a receiver at 2.

We had to keep Ben loaded with weapons.

However, if Bell goes down then we could have serious problems.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

We can definitely win the d-round without AB. If the risk of re-injury was remote, I'd play him though. The good news about his layoff is that it also gave his toe time to heal.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I thought that they fixed that when they got Dareus from the Bills? They ended the year giving up 116 yards/game and where at 138 or so before the trade!

If Brown is healthy and can contribute, which is possible, Brown needs to play, since it's a playoff game and the steelers need everyone who is healthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I thought that they fixed that when they got Dareus from the Bills? They ended the year giving up 116 yards/game and where at 138 or so before the trade!
    Indeed. The Jaguars’ run defense has improved.

But, their pass defense is still better. That secondary is insane. Make sense?

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Put in DHB and wind sprint the secondary for a quarter.

Teammates Say Antonio Brown ‘Wanted To Come Back To Practice’ Last Week, Had To Be Held Out

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01...ast-week-held/

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

They need him against Jacksonville, don't hold him out if he can go

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Indeed. The Jaguars’ run defense has improved.

But, their pass defense is still better. That secondary is insane. Make sense?
    YUp! That whole defense is ludicrous. The weird part is, I still think Ben can put 350 yards and 3 scores on them. A few inches and a few blocks in the first meeting and that is what happens.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I just read on Bleacher Report that Brown was catching passes, so it seems his progress is going well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    YUp! That whole defense is ludicrous. The weird part is, I still think Ben can put 350 yards and 3 scores on them. A few inches and a few blocks in the first meeting and that is what happens.
    When BB is in sync with AB, no one can stop them.

Just ask Chris Harris.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    its a real joy to see the last 5 seconds of that video. i dont understand how he recovered so fast. i realize this fits the timeline of recovery for his injury but based on the videos of him on the treadmill and just trying to walk on the sidewalk it really didnt look good
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Just don’t rush back.

My biggest fear is him reaggravating it.

Just don’t rush back.

My biggest fear is him reaggravating it.
    This is the playoffs....