Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: James Harrison signs with Patriots*

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

UPDATE: James Harrison signs with Patriots*

The
    Pittsburgh Steelers waived linebacker James Harrison on Saturday to make room for tackle Marcus Gilbert on the 53-man roster and since then there’s been a lot of speculation that either the New England Patriots or Baltimore Ravens would claim the veteran pass rusher. Well, that didn’t happen.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/12...aimed-waivers/
    Last edited by stillers4me; 12-26-2017 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Update status..please make new threads for news like this!!!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: James Harrison Goes Unclaimed On Waivers

Good news. Hope he's back with us tomorrow.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Good news. Hope he's back with us tomorrow.
    Agreed,

I think that will be up to James, hopefully he makes the right choice and gets back on the team.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I hope it’s a deal where he returns tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Hope he comes back but I don't think it's going to happen.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

He's done guys, I'll be surprised if he's back

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Hope he comes back but I don't think it's going to happen.
    If he's smart he will, going to any other team at this point is only going to go negative on his career. If he retires that would a different matter.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    If he's smart he will, going to any other team at this point is only going to go negative on his career. If he retires that would a different matter.
    I don't think he'll sign with another team. I think he's just done. Why should he come back to the Steelers? He wasn't getting a chance to play and I don't see that changing.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

I don't think he'll sign with another team. I think he's just done. Why should he come back to the Steelers? He wasn't getting a chance to play and I don't see that changing.
    If he's a team player he'll be back.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Super Bowl

A team player? LMAO! The Steelers cut him right before Christmas and wouldn't even let him on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Super Bowl
    You mean stand on the sidelines during the Super Bowl? A man like James doesn't want to stand on the sidelines. He wants to play and this team has shown him that's not going to happen. That's why there's no reason for him to re-sign.

A team player? LMAO! The Steelers cut him right before Christmas and wouldn't even let him on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean stand on the sidelines during the Super Bowl? A man like James doesn't want to stand on the sidelines. He wants to play and this team has shown him that's not going to happen. That's why there's no reason for him to re-sign.
    Then he's not a team player. No one knows what was going on there, we'll see.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

His number could be called at any time and even if not, yeah a freaking super bowl ring.

His number could be called at any time and even if not, yeah a freaking super bowl ring.
    He gets a ring if the Steelers win the SB even if he doesn't re-sign.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Depth at olb is porous, they need him around.

He gets a ring if the Steelers win the SB even if he doesn't re-sign.
    Not the same as being there. At the point I don't care if he resigns or not. I'd just like a happy ending.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Not the same as being there. At the point I don't care if he resigns or not. I'd just like a happy ending.
    who doesn't like a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I know I sure do.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    match.com

#1 in dates

#1 in relationships

#1 in marriages

#2 in handjobs

handjobs.com is #1 in handjobs
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    handjobs.com is #1 in handjobs
    damn where was this site when I was single?

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

I doubt he would return. He isn't happy about being lied to about playing time. IMO, the coaches didn't treat him as a part of the team. Harrison bailed them out many, many times, but he gets lied to and dumped.
    Hater = Realist

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Maybe he just wanted Christmas off and got cut for a mini vacation?
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I doubt he would return. He isn't happy about being lied to about playing time. IMO, the coaches didn't treat him as a part of the team. Harrison bailed them out many, many times, but he gets lied to and dumped.
    In what way was he lied to? Was he promised X% of snaps? What exactly? Do you have quotes to that effect?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I doubt the conversation between Tomlin and Harrison ever gets made public. The speculation that JH was mistreated is only because 'we' expected him to get more playing time. None of 'us' know how things went down. For all we know, JH was told to expect this from the beginning of the season.

I can see JH resign with the Steelers, sign to play for Lebeau again, or retire.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

In what way was he lied to? Was he promised X% of snaps? What exactly? Do you have quotes to that effect?
    Evidently he was told he would play otherwise he wouldn't have signed. Do you think Harrison signed because they implied he wouldn't play?
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Evidently he was told he would play otherwise he wouldn't have signed. Do you think Harrison signed because they implied he wouldn't play?
    I don't think that's how the NFL works lol. That's why it's known to stand for Not For Long.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Meh. James can go wherever he wants. He'd still be a Steeler if he was able to do what the Steelers asked of him on the field.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Maybe he’s there to secretly video their practice.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

With all the injuries the Pats have on defense, I’d be shocked if they didn’t sign him today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler