Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers activate Gilbert; release James Harrison

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: Steelers activate Gilbert; release James Harrison

I'm sure there is more to this and probably cause of James complaining but still a sh!it move by the steelers to do this 2 days before Christmas. You don't do that to your all time sack leader and one of the biggest fan favorites ever. Ben and James seem close and bet Ben is done after this year for sure now. Ps. I think James retires or doesn't comeback even if he passes waivers but we shall see.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Yep what I said earlier in the post if TJ gets hurt and what is butler going to do then ?
    Even if Watt and Dupree went down they still wouldn't have put Harrison in. Something isn't right at all about this. They start the painfully useless Jarvis Jones for years, but can't seem to manage to put Harrison in for some snaps.

If he signs with the Pats that could be trouble for the Steelers. But according to many on here it is literally impossible for Harrison to be effective in the NFL.

But it's ok because the Steelers have held onto McCullers.
    Hater = Realist

Junior Member Array title="Steel 36 Bus is an unknown quantity at this point"> Steel 36 Bus's Avatar

Jame will get to spend Christmas with his kids now. he said he didn't like playing on Christmas day. and since he wasn't going to play anyways. would not be surprised to see him added back to the team Tuesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel 36 Bus View Post
    Jame will get to spend Christmas with his kids now. he said he didn't like playing on Christmas day. and since he wasn't going to play anyways. would not be surprised to see him added back to the team Tuesday morning.
    If Harrison does play for the Patriots I hope he will be ineffective vs the Steelers.
    Last edited by Steeldude; 12-24-2017 at 08:14 AM.
    Hater = Realist

I suppose he could clear waivers and be re-signed. Patriots could try to sign him, but they run a 4-3. Perhaps the Chiefs, Titans or Ravens. I seriously doubt a non-playoff team would sign any player at this point of the season.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

This is just going to have to play itself out before we know what happened or how this ends.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

im going to throw this out there i am wondering if james wanted christmas off i remember last year he didnt want to play on christmas. So maybe it was a hey if im not gonna play cut me type thing and than next wek he resigns and we cut...... fort? i think his leadership will be needed in the playoffs along with his play

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I'd like to see Bell run him over in a Pats uniform for the winning AFCCG TD.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    This is just going to have to play itself out before we know what happened or how this ends.

My thoughts exactly!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdancefloor View Post
    im going to throw this out there i am wondering if james wanted christmas off i remember last year he didnt want to play on christmas. So maybe it was a hey if im not gonna play cut me type thing and than next wek he resigns and we cut...... fort? i think his leadership will be needed in the playoffs along with his play
    I would've agreed had Harrison not posted that farewell message. That has me thinking he's either retiring or will sign with a team that would allow him to get some snaps in

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Cutting Harrison... benching Burns... they're sending a message. This ain't the good ship lollipop. There's ONE goal.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    If Harrison wasn't cut someone else would have. A move had to be made to create room on the roster for Gilbert.

Nothing spineless about it.
    McCullers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    McCullers.
    That would've made entirely too much sense.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Harrison won't get the team any comp picks. McCullers, as much as he might blow, could get the team a comp pick when he signs elsewhere.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    McCullers.
    Steelers always keep 6 DL

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Please come back, James!

If the Ravens or Patriots pick him up, I'm going to lose my shit.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    It is what it is. He could still contribute but he’s not going to be the difference maker on a team getting past us.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If Watt goes down, this team is screwed. There's literally no depth at the olb position

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    This is why I think it’s a bad move...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

If James wanted released because of not playing, the team had little option but to grant his wishes. All I can say is, if this is the case he hasn't learned anything from his last Bengal episode.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

When JH came out of retirement, he said then he only did it for the Steelers. His boys wanted him to stay retired until he told them he would be playing for the Steelers, then they said yes. I'm not saying he won't play elsewhere, but I would be a little shocked if he chose to play for NE or Baltimore. I could see him staying closer to home and playing for the Eagles maybe, or going to play for Lebeau again, but the other team destinations just don't make sense considering JH's history.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Multiple Steelers blast James Harrison, who says playing time was reason for exit

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...n-forcing-exit

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    If James wanted released because of not playing, the team had little option but to grant his wishes. All I can say is, if this is the case he hasn't learned anything from his last Bengal episode.
    Apparently Harrison asked for his release in the beginning of the season and they said no. He asked again later and they fed him a lie about an OLB may get hurt so we need you. Which is of course crap because Harrison was 5th on the depth and inactive for many games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    If Watt goes down, this team is screwed. There's literally no depth at the olb position
    According to the coach Harrison is below Chickillo and Moats so he wouldn't play a down. If Watt went down they would probably sign a FA OLB and Harrison would remain inactive. Also, according to some fans Harrison is totally incapable of playing football. You know, the same crap they said when the Steelers let him go last time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Steelers always keep 6 DL
    They could have cut McCullers. If someone went down they could have re-signed him or signed any DL scrub to equal his output. McCullers is nothing more than a warm body. McCullers probably won't be on the team next year.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

Seems like Harrison is just being a bitter prick. Not mad that he signed with NE. Definitely disappointed if all those things that are coming out are true. I always envisioned Harrison as an ideal teammate. Not some whiny issue-causing asshat

Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    Seems like Harrison is just being a bitter prick. Not mad that he signed with NE. Definitely disappointed if all those things that are coming out are true. I always envisioned Harrison as an ideal teammate. Not some whiny issue-causing asshat

Tomlin appears to have lied to Harrison about time and refused to release him early in the season when Harrison asked.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Apparently Harrison asked for his release in the beginning of the season and they said no. He asked again later and they fed him a lie about an OLB may get hurt so we need you. Which is of course crap because Harrison was 5th on the depth and inactive for many games.

- - - Updated - - -

According to the coach Harrison is below Chickillo and Moats so he wouldn't play a down. If Watt went down they would probably sign a FA OLB and Harrison would remain inactive. Also, according to some fans Harrison is totally incapable of playing football. You know, the same crap they said when the Steelers let him go last time.

- - - Updated - - -

They could have cut McCullers. If someone went down they could have re-signed him or signed any DL scrub to equal his output. McCullers is nothing more than a warm body. McCullers probably won't be on the team next year.

.......or Harrison should have actually been a member of the team.

He should have helped other teammates better learn the position and mentor them like all other great Steelers players have.

He should have worked on agility and conditioning drills instead of just strength exercises and posting on social media.

We're finding out he didn't do anything to earn any time on the field, because anyone that acted like this whose name isn't James Harrison would have been ridiculed by people like you and thrown out on the street much earlier in the season.

Just being James Harrison doesn't excuse being a complete asshole and not trying to help the team in any way. He became the cancer to this team. The team didn't make him an asshole that hurt the locker room. He made that decision all by himself.

It's time for your one-man crusade to stop. Your comments are silly and frankly, embarrassing. For a guy that speaks about old-school values, toughness in players, and liberal thinking, you have completely lost sight of what a Steelers player should be. Your pride and stubbornness on this issue is clouding your judgement and your ability to make sense.

Tell me something about Harrison's behavior that has been confirmed and commented on by his ex-teammates that you would tolerate from any other player.

You have been wrong about him. Just admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

.......or Harrison should have actually been a member of the team.

He should have helped other teammates better learn the position and mentor them like all other great Steelers players have.

He should have worked on agility and conditioning drills instead of just strength exercises and posting on social media.

We're finding out he didn't do anything to earn any time on the field, because anyone that acted like this whose name isn't James Harrison would have been ridiculed by people like you and thrown out on the street much earlier in the season.

Just being James Harrison doesn't excuse being a complete asshole and not trying to help the team in any way. He became the cancer to this team. The team didn't make him an asshole that hurt the locker room. He made that decision all by himself.

It's time for your one-man crusade to stop. Your comments are silly and frankly, embarrassing. For a guy that speaks about old-school values, toughness in players, and liberal thinking, you have completely lost sight of what a Steelers player should be. Your pride and stubbornness on this issue is clouding your judgement and your ability to make sense.

Tell me something about Harrison's behavior that has been confirmed and commented on by his ex-teammates that you would tolerate from any other player.

You have been wrong about him. Just admit it.