Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers activate Gilbert; release James Harrison

BostonBlackie

Re: Steelers activate Gilbert; release James Harrison

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

$10 says he signs with New England.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

If pick up by another team he may just retire too.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Don’t like this.

Did deebo force their hand?
    My thoughts as well.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

If James could give us anything they would have kept him. Its time to move on folks, this ship has sailed about 6 weeks ago. If he clears waivers and comes back and does well(I doubt it though) then I'll gladly eat that crow sandwich.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Seriously IF TJ would get hurt what would be the genius Butler's answer now ?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    $10 says he signs with New England.
    $10 says Deebo re-signs with us...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Harrison has already been made inactive due to illness. Not that big of a deal.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Let go 2 days before Christmas, Way to go Steelers! I realize that the NFL is a business but why now? This move seems like something that SHOULD piss off some of those players in that locker room who are longtime friends/teammates. Spineless from a generally classy organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    Let go 2 days before Christmas, Way to go Steelers! I realize that the NFL is a business but why now? This move seems like something that SHOULD piss off some of those players in that locker room who are longtime friends/teammates. Spineless from a generally classy organization.
    I feel ya and this maybe another reason that leads to Ben hang it up after this season. If he don't clear waivers and brought back it is not a cool move.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

jhharrison92Can't wait to find out what God has in store for me next. Many thanks to #SteelersNation for the years of love & support 💯

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I may be in the minority here but I think James was done. The few plays he was in on he looked slow.

The guy is almost 40, which at his position is way past his use by date.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

The Bengals will pick him up.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I don't like it either but I remember seeing Franco Harris in a Bitch Pigeon uniform in 1984 made me reach for some Tums.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Didn’t the Steelers pull this move with another vet recently and then sign him back after that weeks game?

Got to be more to it then them just outright cutting him. If he clears waivers, he could sign right back after the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    qft im just speechless right now after monday does fort get released and deebo back?

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Seems like it could be a trick to keep an extra player since they know he's inactive this week. Anyone else picks up even a modest injury this late in the season, it's straight to IR for them and the space opens back up. Possibly what we are doing.

Or, maybe he did something like take a shit on Tomlin's car.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    If Harrison wasn't cut someone else would have. A move had to be made to create room on the roster for Gilbert.

Nothing spineless about it.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I think this makes sense.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

I wonder if steeldude thinks they should have waived Bud instead? I do hope they give him a SB ring that would be nice gesture.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I do hope they give him a SB ring that would be nice gesture.
    By NFL rules, they “have” to... because, he was on the roster at some point during the season (it’s amazing just how many players get rings).

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    By NFL rules, they “have” to... because, he was on the roster at some point during the season (it’s amazing just how many players get rings).
    When did that rule come in ? I know the scab players got screwed out of rings back in the 80's

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    When did that rule come in ? I know the scab players got screwed out of rings back in the 80's
    IDK, but I know that I heard an interview during the Steelers 2008 SuperBowl week, where some dude on the Ravens 2000 squad got one for basically being on the roster for a week, but he never wore the ring (because, he felt like he didn’t earn it).

IDK, but I know that I heard an interview during the Steelers 2008 SuperBowl week, where some dude on the Ravens 2000 squad got one for basically being on the roster for a week, but he never wore the ring (because, he felt like he didn’t earn it).
    Had to be later then the 80's and like I mentioned The Redskins scab players got screwed and not only on the roster but played in games. Anyways that is a good rule then but if Harrison goes to another team I'm sure that nullifies it and no ring then.

Ps. THE 30 FOR 30 about that scab players is one of my favs.

Had to be later then the 80's and like I mentioned The Redskins scab players got screwed and not only on the roster but played in games. Anyways that is a good rule then but if Harrison goes to another team I'm sure that nullifies it and no ring then.

Ps. THE 30 FOR 30 about that scab players is one of my favs.
    30 for 30 is the only good thing on ESPN.

30 for 30 is the only good thing on ESPN.
    Yep Amen!

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I imagine they planned to cut him in the offseason, so makes sense (not that I like it at all) to waive him instead of a player they want back next season. However I think we may have screwed ourselves if we get an injury to our OLB, he is probably the 3rd best rusher on the team. And for those saying he looked slow, how do you think you would play after several weeks of riding the bench, he needs at least a game or 2 to round into form (see Bell!). What we should have done was cut McCullers and rested TJ more the next 2 games so he has more left come playoffs by splitting time with JH so we could use home for pressure against Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    I imagine they planned to cut him in the offseason, so makes sense (not that I like it at all) to waive him instead of a player they want back next season. However I think we may have screwed ourselves if we get an injury to our OLB, he is probably the 3rd best rusher on the team. And for those saying he looked slow, how do you think you would play after several weeks of riding the bench, he needs at least a game or 2 to round into form (see Bell!). What we should have done was cut McCullers and rested TJ more the next 2 games so he has more left come playoffs by splitting time with JH so we could use home for pressure against Brady.
    Yep what I said earlier in the post if TJ gets hurt and what is butler going to do then ?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Yep what I said earlier in the post if TJ gets hurt and what is butler going to do then ?
    Chick.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Chick.
    Yep and my point.