Thread: Mike Tomlin Believes Mike Munchak Should Get Another Head Coaching Job

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Mike Tomlin Believes Mike Munchak Should Get Another Head Coaching Job

NO! Tomlin better do everything he can to keep him here!

BY ALEX KOZORA DECEMBER 21, 2017 AT 08:00 AM
    Mike Munchak has been less of an offensive line coach and more of a deity to Steelers’ Nation. But there’s always the chance Munchak gets back into the head coaching game. Something Mike Tomlinabsolutely supports. Speaking with the Houston media and transcribed by the Houston Chronicle’s John McClain, Tomlin said he thinks Munchak will get another crack to run a team.
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/12/mike-tomlin-believes-mike-munchak-get-another-head-coaching-job/

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Mike Tomlin Believes Mike Munchak Should Get Another Head Coaching Job

I hope he stays around but we all know he wants another shot somewhere.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

If we have to pay that guy double what every other head coach is making to stay as our offensive line coach, it would be worth it. It could be argued he is easily worth $20 million a year in player development, draft picks that aren't wasted, and offensive line play improving the play of everyone else around them. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Nope. Give him a lifetime deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Should and will are two different things. I think his ship has sailed. Good for us. OTOH, if Tomlin retired at season's end, I'd be happy with Munch taking over.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

what would Tomlin know about what it takes to be a good NFL head coach?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I don't think that he'll get that chance again and I'm happy with that.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He's a great Oline coach but not as good of a head coach. He didn't pan out with the Titans

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Double his salary and promote him to assistant head coach, if that's what it takes to keep him.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    He's a great Oline coach but not as good of a head coach. He didn't pan out with the Titans
    At that time and given the circumstances, he was apparently not a good head coach.

However, with more experience and under different circumstances it is possible he could become a very good head coach.

I admire Tomlin's caring and benevolent nature and feel that his attitude may, in fact, help attract more good players and coaches to our organization.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    At that time and given the circumstances, he was apparently not a good head coach.

However, with more experience and under different circumstances it is possible he could become a very good head coach.

I admire Tomlin's caring and benevolent nature and feel that his attitude may, in fact, help attract more good players and coaches to our organization.
    It's all about the cool shades and poker playing skills.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Double his salary and promote him to assistant head coach, if that's what it takes to keep him.
    I would. I think that the Rooneys would, too.

But... nothing beats being your own boss. (Less money as a HC trumps more money as a position coach.)

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I would. I think that the Rooneys would, too.

But... nothing beats being your own boss. (Less money as a HC trumps more money as a position coach.)

Yeah, but given the kinds of head coaching jobs that open up and the typical tenure in those jobs ... it's just as likely you'll work for a shitty organization where you get one year to try and turn around a complete train wreck of a team, and then you're out on your ass. Do I really want to take less money to be the latest guy who tries to rebuild the Browns, betting it all that they're about due for a good performance this time? I don't know.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    If we have to pay that guy double what every other head coach is making to stay as our offensive line coach, it would be worth it. It could be argued he is easily worth $20 million a year in player development, draft picks that aren't wasted, and offensive line play improving the play of everyone else around them. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN!
    This!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Yeah, but given the kinds of head coaching jobs that open up and the typical tenure in those jobs ... it's just as likely you'll work for a shitty organization where you get one year to try and turn around a complete train wreck of a team, and then you're out on your ass. Do I really want to take less money to be the latest guy who tries to rebuild the Browns, betting it all that they're about due for a good performance this time? I don't know.
    I equate it with being a QB. Starting for a crap team beats sitting on the bench on a good team.

Honestly, I’d take the Browns job. They have a good defense, but they get tired by the end of the game, because their offense can’t sustain a drive. Draft Josh Rosen at 1. Draft Saquon Barkley at 5. That is a great start. And, their new GM is very good at finding WRs... so, within two years, the Browns could be fighting for a playoff spot.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

From 0-16 to 13-3 is exactly how the Browns would probably get there too. Of course 2 of those losses are to the Steelers who still manage to win the North.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

At this point, I'm convinced that the Browns will always find ways to lose games.