Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers--Patriots FINAL Comments

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Steelers--Patriots FINAL Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The Bengals are in the Steelers' heads. No longer can the Steelers walk into those games expecting to walk out no problem. The Bengals fail because they have shit discipline, are poorly coached and meltdown at crucial moments. Look at Vontaze Burfict.

Speaking of which, the Steelers have to focus on Burfict every game do they not?
    But it hasn't changed the results. To be honest, I'd really like to take them out in Foxboro in front of their fans.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    But it hasn't changed the results. To be honest, I'd really like to take them out in Foxboro in front of their fans.
    Honestly, if we want revenge this is the best possible outcome. I still am salty about 2001 how they had the lamar hunt trophy ceremony right on our field (when usually the visiting team does this in their own locker). Payback would be a bitch if we do this to them on their field.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

It's funny because now Haley has made comments on that last drive/last 2 plays.

I know this was a big game and those plays were a cluster F but damn, Super Bowl XLV's final 2 minutes were pretty bad and those were bigger stakes than this.

Let's get Munchak, Fichter, Saxon and Mann's comments now!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

While that would be cool. I'd rather see some crazy scenario where the Bills beat the Pats. Pats fall to #3 in the AFC, Steelers are #1 and Jags are #2. After the Pats beat the Bills in a wildcard round rematch, the Jags and Pats have a brutal hard fought game in Jacksonville. Jags squeak out a win.

Meanwhile the Steelers cruise past the winner of the Ravens-Chiefs.

Then the Steelers get a wounded Jags team at home in the cold. Yeah -- that'd be about the best scenario.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    While that would be cool. I'd rather see some crazy scenario where the Bills beat the Pats. Pats fall to #3 in the AFC, Steelers are #1 and Jags are #2. After the Pats beat the Bills in a wildcard round rematch, the Jags and Pats have a brutal hard fought game in Jacksonville. Jags squeak out a win.

Then the Steelers get a wounded Jags team at home in the cold. Yeah -- that'd be about the best scenario.
    Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Call me obsessed or living in the past, but I'd not be satisfied with this season 100% even if we win the sb, if we aren't the team that knocks out the Patriots.

I've had an unhealthy amount of hatred for that team ever since 2001. I'll never get over it until I see us bounce them, WITH brady quarterbacking that team. I want another shot and this year, is as good as shot as we've ever had against them

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Per Fowler:
    Steelers OC Todd Haley said offense was expected to avoid keeping the ball in play on second-to-last down vs Patriots — called it an ‘Incomplete or out of bounds' play. But adds he'll never question Ben Roethlisberger believing play to Darrius Heyward-Bey would get to sideline.

Is it just me, or does everyone seem to have an excuse?
    As opposed to Haley believing Ben threw to DHB with the assumption the throw to DHB would not stop the clock?

Fans can gripe until kickoff next Monday or for that matter forever and it will not matter - OTOH the players and coaches need to let it go

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    It's funny because now Haley has made comments on that last drive/last 2 plays.

I know this was a big game and those plays were a cluster F but damn, Super Bowl XLV's final 2 minutes were pretty bad and those were bigger stakes than this.

Let's get Munchak, Fichter, Saxon and Mann's comments now!
    You will notice Tomlin said Munchak should get another head coaching gig but made no such recommendation for Haley getting another crack at HC

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Call me obsessed or living in the past, but I'd not be satisfied with this season 100% even if we win the sb, if we aren't the team that knocks out the Patriots.

I've had an unhealthy amount of hatred for that team ever since 2001. I'll never get over it until I see us bounce them, WITH brady quarterbacking that team. I want another shot and this year, is as good as shot as we've ever had against them
    Nope - that is totally legitimate way to feel as a fan. There is no good reason not to feel exactly that way!

I just think that it would be even more humiliating for the Pats to lose to Blake Bortles after being forced into playing the Wildcard round!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    As opposed to Haley believing Ben threw to DHB with the assumption the throw to DHB would not stop the clock?

Fans can gripe until kickoff next Monday or for that matter forever and it will not matter - OTOH the players and coaches need to let it go
    Right! Next question...

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Final, Final Comment (for today):

If we are healthy for the playoffs, I think we should win every game.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Well at least now I know why Bryant was MIA on the last 2 plays - Thanks Todd!

An incomplete pass or a catch and run out of bounds would have allowed Haley to change his personnel and get Bryant on the field for the third-down play. Haley said the reason Bryant wasn’t in for the second-down play is because he wouldn’t have known where to line up and how to execute that particular play.

“Tay hadn’t practiced where he would have been,” Haley said. “We didn’t feel comfortable with him being in there.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201712210146

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

this new picture that came out is gonna really piss everybody off. i hope they show this to the whole lockerroom
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

I think it was a catch and I thought it was live as well. But I really really really hate the use of single frame still images to try and prove a point. The one posted above looks like concrete proof of a catch. But what about this one?

Or this one?

This is the false allure of replay and HD images. They have to viewed in context and in sequence. If I only show 10% of something, I can make it look like whatever the damn hell I want. Like I said, I did and still do think it should have been a catch. But in the current NFL, they are overturning that ruling 60+% of the time. It sucks and will continue to suck until the NFL figures out a way to realistically define a catch.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I think it was a catch and I thought it was live as well. But I really really really hate the use of single frame still images to try and prove a point. The one posted above looks like concrete proof of a catch. But what about this one?

Or this one?

This is the false allure of replay and HD images. They have to viewed in context and in sequence. If I only show 10% of something, I can make it look like whatever the damn hell I want. Like I said, I did and still do think it should have been a catch. But in the current NFL, they are overturning that ruling 60+% of the time. It sucks and will continue to suck until the NFL figures out a way to realistically define a catch.
    the ball stops moving before the defender touches James down, and thats on film. but yes, i do agree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

To anyone here who knows the definition of what is and what is not a catch please explain to me why our potential game winning catch was over turned and the raiders bobbled catch was not. I was looking for video but I can't find it.

While we are at it please satisfactorily explain what the fine is for taunting someone. For Ju Ju it was a game yet when gronk does it in our game it wasn't even a flag.

One more while we are at it. Why was gronk only given 1 game for a hit that had the potential to paralyze a guy.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If there is something positive to come out of this whole fiasco, it's that the Steelers will learn that they have to start putting teams away the first chance they get instead of pissing around with teams every single week and waiting until the final play almost every single week to win a game.
    Steelers take over with 3:56 left in the ballgame up by 5. They need to A. run out the clock or B. Score the game-clinching TD. Nope instead they piss around turtle up, and go 3 & out and give New England the ball and a chance to win it.
    Of course we'll see in Houston whether they learn anything, if they dominate them like a true Super Bowl contender would, or if they just piss around for over 59 minutes and hope someone comes through in the clutch at the end

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

Yeah, well ours go on sale tomorrow for the same game. And to be honest, I think there is a decent chance (better than 50/50) that the game is in Pittsburgh.
    Last 2 times the Steelers have hosted the AFC title game was 08 and 10. Both times they were a #2 seed. In 10 the Pats lost to the #6 seed Jets and in 08 the Titans lost to the #6 seed Ravens.
    Also, I don't think this NE team is dominant as in years past. I could see them losing this weekend to the Bills.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

I'm with you. Nothing would be more satisfying than stomping them in Foxboro on the way to winning the Super Bowl. That would be the way to banish those memories

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Well at least now I know why Bryant was MIA on the last 2 plays - Thanks Todd!

An incomplete pass or a catch and run out of bounds would have allowed Haley to change his personnel and get Bryant on the field for the third-down play. Haley said the reason Bryant wasn’t in for the second-down play is because he wouldn’t have known where to line up and how to execute that particular play.

“Tay hadn’t practiced where he would have been,” Haley said. “We didn’t feel comfortable with him being in there.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201712210146

F** that noise...If Bryant is in just toss it high to the corner and let him get it. That play should be a staple for them by now.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Rather them not play the Pats at all and win the Super Bowl than beat the Pats in the AFCCG and then lose the Super Bowl. I don't care who they play, just win a 7th Super Bowl. Plus as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather the Pats get knocked out as soon as possible

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I just don't know about 'FINAL' comments. There are people still arguing the Immaculate Reception.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Me... when I see a video snippet of that game on TV and/or a post/tweet on the internet/Twitter.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Rather them not play the Pats at all and win the Super Bowl than beat the Pats in the AFCCG and then lose the Super Bowl. I don't care who they play, just win a 7th Super Bowl. Plus as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather the Pats get knocked out as soon as possible
    No joke. I don't care about ironic justice or some macho showdown, I am always rooting for the Patriots to lose every single game with as many injuries as possible and that doesn't change. So in this case, that would mean finishing 11-5 (really 10-6) and losing in the first round to whoever. Fuck them, get 'em out of there.

Really all the use of different angles and reading passages out of the rulebook is just arguing over the definition of horseshit.

They blew it. Whether they blew it by making the wrong call on the field, or blew it by making a wrong decision last offseason, they blew it and they got it wrong. And I am SO sick of every last one of those going in favor of New England.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

We're going to beat them if we play them again, they aren't better than us right now. We should have won that game, and that was without AB for most of the game.

What I find so frustrating is the Killer B's are always missing a piece whenever we play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The Patriots escaped with a win, but the biggest victory was won by the Steelers. The message was sent punctually: "We're coming to get you."

It was widely believed from the start of the season that the Patriots were head and shoulders the best team in the AFC, the Steelers were a pretender, Mike Tomlin couldn't hang with the great Bill Belichick, and the gap between the Patriots and Steelers wasn't close. Well, Sunday proved that it was. The Patriots can boast and talk a lot of crap about how great they are, but deep down they know they escaped. If anything, maybe it was better that the Steelers lost this game in this fashion. It pissed them off, they had their nemesis dead to rights and they got bailed out.

Game on you Patriot bastards, and that is all that will be said. Moving on to Houston.

I agree wholeheartedly with what these two fine gentlemen have stated. We'll get those bastids next time!

On a positive note, 99% of all NFL fans now know who Jesse James is... that's something

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Final Final Comment (for today).

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Really all the use of different angles and reading passages out of the rulebook is just arguing over the definition of horseshit.

They blew it. Whether they blew it by making the wrong call on the field, or blew it by making a wrong decision last offseason, they blew it and they got it wrong. And I am SO sick of every last one of those going in favor of New England.
    This. It was a TD. It was ruled a TD on the field and SHOULD NOT have been overturned. Complete and utter bullshit.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

On a positive note, 99% of all NFL fans now know who Jesse James is... that's something
    They also think he shot Billy The Kid!