Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goats.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Goats.

Case in point. You have to bring an A+ game for 60 against the Patriots, where you can't let them dictate of let the officials take over. Steelers got conservative, and let New England get close to where they took over, and the refs finished the job. When you play New England, you have to be perfect to win.

No heroes in what is a very painful loss.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Re: Goats.

Sean Davis!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Refs/NFL.

Just so shitty, they couldn't have played the Pats any better then that and still lost. Now it most likely goes through Foxborough in the playoffs, such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    Sean Davis!
    Gotta make those plays. Sean hasn't been having a good two weeks.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The whole fucking team minus AB who wasn't on the field most of the game. They choked. Apparently, this team needs AB on the field to not choke in the clutch

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Worst ending of a game I can remember. Sick to my stomach. They all suck for making me feel this way.

- - - Updated - - -

On a positive note, seems that Brown is a calf bruise.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Only worst thing I can think of is throwing an INT at the goal line in a Super Bowl or having a 28-3 lead and blowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Game Ball - JuJu

Goats - Defense, Ben, Coaching

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Only worst thing I can think of is throwing an INT at the goal line in a Super Bowl or having a 28-3 lead and blowing it.
    New England is absolutely legendary in how they pull shit out of their ass. They make opponents do the absolute dumbest shit in the worst moments.

Member Array title="lotas will become famous soon enough">

I don't really care about Foxborough. The Steelers won't be complete until they beat the Pats in Foxborough to advance to the Super Bowl. Bring it on, they showed tonight they can beat the Pats, even without their #1 receiver (which they didn't get to game plan to be without).

The Steelers should have been more aggressive in the 4th quarter, and they would have put this game away.

The man coverage was beautiful, and it felt like Brady burned us each time we went to zone. When will Butler learn? And Davis has a long way to go. Burns scares me about half the time he's on the field.

Juju is the shit, and Martavis played a great game and stepped up, proud of him for that.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

0 points in the 4th quarter, ZERO!!!!!! How can the Steelers expect to win against the Pats putting up a goose egg in the 4th

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

On a positive note, seems that Brown is a calf bruise.
    Too bad injury reports on Steelers players have been completely unreliable lately

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Todd Haley, no one else, disgusting.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Yeah that was the Falcons. I wouldn't care if they contracted that franchise tomorrow.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Haley. How the fuck do you take it out of a HoF QB's hands with a 5-point lead with about 4 minutes to go and go 3-and-out?

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Todd Haley, no one else, disgusting.
    Butler gets a pass for leaving Gronk uncovered on that last drive?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Haley.

Davis.

The rest of the team played great. But again why not have 4 wide outs in there at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Too bad injury reports on Steelers players have been completely unreliable lately
    To be honest it didn't look that bad on the replay.

- - - Updated - - -

Looked like Ben was locked on that one option on the interception

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

Replay official. I better never, ever hear "Stealers" again after that ridiculous display.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

They played their hearts out and deserved to win.

New England didn't get called for what should be blatant penalties, yet the refs managed to call ticky-tack penalties on the Steelers at crucial moments.

The Steelers played a great first half.

They played without their best CB.

They played most of the game without the best WR in the NFL.

If they can just get healthy, they should beat anybody they face.

The coaches getting conservative with the play calling on offense in a one possession game and not trying to put the game away is the one thing that just pisses me off. They never learn.

The worst part is now having to listen to people to say certain players choked when it looked like they did everything to win it.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Butler gets a pass because he finally dropped the LeBeau bullshit (for the most part - the couple of plays he didn't? Big play for the Patriots, imagine that) and they didn't kick our asses all over the field for once.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Haley. How the fuck do you take it out of a HoF QB's hands with a 5-point lead with about 4 minutes to go and go 3-and-out?

It truly is unexplainable......

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

brown tore calf muscle...season playoffs over!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    He'll be back for the postseason.

Just means we'll be without him for the next two games.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post

See you next year.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    He'll be back for the postseason.

Just means we'll be without him for the next two games.
    I dont know about that...dont tears take longer than 2 weeks

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Butler gets a pass because he finally dropped the LeBeau bullshit (for the most part - the couple of plays he didn't? Big play for the Patriots, imagine that) and they didn't kick our asses all over the field for once.
    Except on the Cheats' last drive.

Why bother doubling Gronk? We all know he's no good anyway and has never had any success against us...

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    It truly is unexplainable......
    I am totally aghast at his lack of testicular fortitude on those two possessions with 3:45 to go.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I can hardly wait for all the “hawt takes” over the next 24 hours. The “Fire Everyone “ brigade should be out in force. Accompanied by the “outcoached” legions. The “league is out to get us” crowd has already made appearances.

Three things matter. Sean Davis broke down under the weight of single covering Gronk. That’s the chance you take when you go man. Second, that was the dumbest “Ben gonna Gunslinger” decision maybe ever. And he’s had some doozies. Finally, if AB broke his leg, does any of this matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wasn't uncovered. It's the same issue as opposing DBs trying to cover Brown when Ben is throwing. Some of those catches were Gronk outpowering or outreaching the DB, and some were beautiful passes by Brady. The best players step in at the last moments to make plays. It's what Ben and Brown do. It's what Ben and seemingly Ju Ju looks like they're starting to do.

No, in the end, The Steelers had the ball in the redzone with enough time for three plays, and only needed a FG to tie. And, that was in a game that was not a shootout like everyone thought it'd be. The goat is Ben for throwing that ball. However, putting the entire blame on him is like putting the blame on the little kid who put the final straw on the camel's back, so while he is the goat, it's a very weak goat.

As I said in another thread, I actually feel very good about this team after this game. We were missing our top WR and DB, and we still were one mistake away from winning the game. I can't wait to see this team in Foxboro, because I doubt very much it's the Steelers who will be looking over their shoulder that game. The Pats* know they're lucky to win this game. And that's going to stick in their craw. In the latter half of the fourth quarter of the AFCG, it's going to start rattling around, and we're going to walk out with a win.