Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THE NFL IS FIXED.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I hate the NFL.

Sorry, James, had the ball, reached across the goal line and then hit the ground.

The Patriots did not win that.
    Last edited by EzraTank; 12-17-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

Re: THE NFL IS FIXED.

Why should i care as a fan when shit like this consistently happens. Funny how it always seems to benefit the Patriots.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Sadly, I don't agree. He didn't complete the process of the catch. It is what it is. I feel like Ben tried to get too cute.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I'm so fucking done with this shit!
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

No one knows what the call is going to the ground in the end zone anymore. At least one team gets screwed every week.

It’s not a fix. It’s a dumb rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Sorry, James, had the ball, reached across the goal line and then hit the ground.

The Patriots did not win that.
    That's not how the rule works for a receiver. A runner yes - it's a TD after it crosses but a receiver must retain possession all the way to the ground even if it crosss the goal line.

This loss is not on the refs. The Steelers and Ben choked.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    Sadly, I don't agree. He didn't complete the process of the catch. It is what it is. I feel like Ben tried to get too cute.

He caught it, made a football move (went down to one knee) then reached it across the goal line before getting touched. TD when it breaks the plane no need to control it after the football move.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post

Bullshit. And that was a nice tackle on Rogers before the ball got there on the last play, too. No matter though, the outcome was already determined.

Should've just broken Brady's ankle on the last snap, nothing they could do about that, and apparently it's the fashionable thing to do now.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

He caught it, made a football move (went down to one knee) then reached it across the goal line before getting touched. TD when it breaks the plane no need to control it after the football move.
    That’s not the rule in the end zone. Once he crosses the plane it’s only about control through the catch to the ground. He could do a dance routine and if he bobbled the ball and it hits the ground it’s gonna be no catch.

Member Array title="lotas will become famous soon enough">

If only...

if only Sean Davis catches the ball that hits his hands.

if only JuJu takes it to the house on that play with 56 seconds left.

if only Jesse James goes to the ground and secures the catch instead of trying to reach and stretch.

Pittsburgh had this one, they played 90% better than they did in the AFCCG, despite losing the star of their offense (again). This one hurts even worse, because we were so close to beating them.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    No one knows what the call is going to the ground in the end zone anymore. At least one team gets screwed every week.

100% correct. It's not fixed, or rigged. It's a dumbass rule the NFL made, which has ruined the game.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

How's that not a touchdown!? He catch it, got down, got up and broke the plane and then he lost control! If that's not a football move, I don't know what is!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotas View Post
    If only...

if only JuJu takes it to the house on that play with 56 seconds left.
    He might have if he wasn't returning a kickoff. Ran out of gas at the end.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

What's the difference if the ball breaks the plane and the ball is batted out of his hand? Contact? Who knows, the NFL calls it however they feel necessary on any given play

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    100% correct. It's not fixed, or rigged. It's a dumbass rule the NFL made, which has ruined the game.
    Oh yeah. The rule is terrible and no one knows how to call it.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Hope this emotional loss doesnt hangover to next week

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Was there conclusive evidence that the ball touched the ground? Seems like Jesse had his right under the ball.

Also, Rogers got mugged on the last play and zero mention from the booth.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Shouldn't have even fucking come to that.

-The Steelers played turtleball cause they have no interest in putting teams away before the final play (really 3rd and 4 and you throw within the sticks)
    -The defense typically choke, the braindead DC leaves a god awful safety single covered with Gronk and the god awful safety gets burned every time for a TD
    -Then James instead of holding onto the ball decides to move around the ball and lose possession, cause he's a shit TE (if he just doesn't move the ball around they score
    -Then dumbass Ben decides to throw short and in bounds wasting beautiful time and haphazardly rushing the final play doomed for failure leading to the game losing INT

This fucking team completely choked and bailed the Cheaters out, decided it was good to lose in the most painful fucking way imaginable.
    This team has barely scraped by shitty teams all year and then folded like a cheap suit against a legit Super Bowl contender with the game on the line.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    That's not how the rule works for a receiver. A runner yes - it's a TD after it crosses but a receiver must retain possession all the way to the ground even if it crosss the goal line.

This loss is not on the refs. The Steelers and Ben choked.
    I wanna know how Ben choked? If you are talking about the last play why wasn't pass interference called? They get holding but we don't get PI and that's on Ben?

This is just getting comical now. When you man up on the other teams guys that means it’s hard to double team. Double team usually means zone.

I’m gonna quit because I don’t wanna piss anyone off.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Here we go whining like Seahawk fans again.

Look. The game isn't fixed. It was a the correct call on a stupid rule. He didn't go down to one knee, then get back up. He went down to one knee and, as he continued falling, stretched out over the goal line. He was still going to the ground, which is the definition for a catch—the receiver must keep hold of the ball all the way to the ground.

My only question, however, is did the ball actually touch the ground? THAT, is a ton more questionable than whether the call was correct concerning "going to the ground." Nevertheless, this loss belongs to Ben for forcing that throw at the end. Ju Ju was covered. Throw the ball away. However, Ben had such a stellar game up to that point, that I really don't blame him for taking the shot. In fact, I'm amazingly calm that we lost. We showed we can play against this team. Our defense did well considering both our top DB and top LB are not playing. Our offense played great considered our top WR went out in the first half.

No, I really couldn't care less that we lost this game except for the fact that home field advantage would have been nice in the AFCCG. Other than that, I actually feel like it's the Pats* who will be looking over their shoulder the next time we play them, because they know they got lucky with this win. Very lucky. And that luck isn't going to hold out.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Pats are looking over their shoulder. Steelers can't stop Brady to Gronk. Not in the past, not now and not in the playoffs.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

You guys got screwed. This is how it is to be a Raiders fan...lol.

Senior Member Array title="Godfather has a brilliant future">

If the Pats** had slapped the ball out of his hand when he tried to reach it, does anyone honestly believe the fumble would have been overturned?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Pats are looking over their shoulder. Steelers can't stop Brady to Gronk. Not in the past, not now and not in the playoffs.
    I guess your season is over then. Se ya next year.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

that's my feeling more than anything. They tend to let calls stand and I certainly could tell the ball moved, but not that it touched the ground.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Here we go whining like Seahawk fans again.

Look. The game isn't fixed. It was a the correct call on a stupid rule. He didn't go down to one knee, then get back up. He went down to one knee and, as he continued falling, stretched out over the goal line. He was still going to the ground, which is the definition for a catch—the receiver must keep hold of the ball all the way to the ground.

My only question, however, is did the ball actually touch the ground? THAT, is a ton more questionable than whether the call was correct concerning "going to the ground." Nevertheless, this loss belongs to Ben for forcing that throw at the end. Ju Ju was covered. Throw the ball away. However, Ben had such a stellar game up to that point, that I really don't blame him for taking the shot. In fact, I'm amazingly calm that we lost. We showed we can play against this team. Our defense did well considering both our top DB and top LB are not playing. Our offense played great considered our top WR went out in the first half.

No, I really couldn't care less that we lost this game except for the fact that home field advantage would have been nice in the AFCCG. Other than that, I actually feel like it's the Pats* who will be looking over their shoulder the next time we play them, because they know they got lucky with this win. Very lucky. And that luck isn't going to hold out.
    It’s a dumb rule and according to the rule, it’s an incomplete pass. Can’t tell exactly if the ball hit the ground...looks like it did but i wouldn’t say it was conclusive, but at the same time, it was definitely moving and there wasn’t control at the end...but all the ball should have to do is cross the goal line...except if it’s a reception...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I don’t see anyone stopping Gronk. Think he might have made a difference last week against the fins?

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

It did touch the ground....... AFTER it broke the plane. Bad call. The Patr*ots get another cheap win.