Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots* @ Steelers 12/17/17

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Patriots* @ Steelers 12/17/17

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Patriots* @ Steelers 12/17/17

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Not usually a big fan of historical data on football. But a recent one like this means more since the team is fairly intact since 2013

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers are a Better team than NE on paper. I have no confidence in the coaching staff to make the necessary adjustments on either side of the ball...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Steelers are a Better team than NE on paper. I have no confidence in the coaching staff to make the necessary adjustments on either side of the ball...
    If the steelers win today, I hope it's going to be the last time this season that you will not trust the steelers!

With a win today, the steelers are going to be 12-2 and 8-1 against the teams with a winning record, so the steelers will deserve to have our confidence!

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

If the steelers win today, I hope it's going to be the last time this season that you will not trust the steelers!

With a win today, the steelers are going to be 12-2 and 8-1 against the teams with a winning record, so the steelers will deserve to have our confidence!
    I will make a deal with you on that...if we win today I will never doubt them again this season. I have faith in our team but not when we face the pats cause cmon...Im a steelers fan through and through but im also unbiased and a realist.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    I will make a deal with you on that...if we win today I will never doubt them again this season. I have faith in our team but not when we face the pats cause cmon...Im a steelers fan through and through but im also unbiased and a realist.
    It's okay to have doubts about the Steelers, especially today, I never say the opposite, but it's just they will deserve to have our confidence for the remainder of the season if they win today

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

It's okay. Some people are just wired this way when it comes to sports and competition. NE has just broken a lot of Steeler fans down and those same fans have made them into some boogeyman that lives under their beds. When we win today, don't be surprised if some will say it doesn't matter unless we do it again in the playoffs. Just the way it works I guess. Myself, I can't get behind that kind of thinking because I want to enjoy all of our victories no matter how close they may be.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

It's okay to have doubts about the Steelers, especially today, I never say the opposite, but it's just they will deserve to have our confidence for the remainder of the season if they win today
    ok brother...dont get me wrong I will be yelling at the tv and pulling for my team...I sure hope our crowd really shows up because that will go a long way to winning as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    ok brother...dont get me wrong I will be yelling at the tv and pulling for my team...I sure hope our crowd really shows up because that will go a long way to winning as well.
    I agree. I want our fans to be rabid today no matter the score!! I hope your heart can make it through okay today SM72!

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    I agree. I want our fans to be rabid today no matter the score!! I hope your heart can make it through okay today SM72!
    It can make it but I think the organization needs to pay for peoples pills that need them for being a fan of them...lol

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I equate being concerned with certain aspects of a game as being objective and giving the other team some credit. However, the posts that are just negative, meaning they only say how we won't play well, or the other team is just better, or how we can't win with these players/coaches against those players/coaches, those posts are people just being whiny little pansies. No, I will not produce examples as everyone on here has seen those and know exactly what I am referencing. No coach will lose his job over this game. There IS a lot riding on the outcome of this one, but it is not the end if we should lose. Perspective, understand the process, and stop whining.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Here's the way I look at it.

I really want them to win this game, but I understand that they have a lot to overcome with adjustments and corrections as they try to compensate for the huge loss of Shazier and implementing a schematic attack of the Pats offense. I can live with a loss today, but I'm hoping they try some things and maybe find a way to change things up and use different personnel to find something that works. If that means playing Harrison more, leaving Hargrave in to rush the passer and push the pocket, using Brian Allen in coverage on Gronk, mixing press man coverage with some zone, etc...I'm all for it.

Win the game if you can, but this can be the game that wins them the AFC Championship, even in defeat if they find something that works defensively against this team.

It's probably a game where they need the offense to dominate to win this game.

I can't wait to see how it unfolds and how they approach attacking this team on both sides of the ball.

Both teams want to win this game badly, but it doesn't mean anything if they play again and the other team wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I equate being concerned with certain aspects of a game as being objective and giving the other team some credit. However, the posts that are just negative, meaning they only say how we won't play well, or the other team is just better, or how we can't win with these players/coaches against those players/coaches, those posts are people just being whiny little pansies. No, I will not produce examples as everyone on here has seen those and know exactly what I am referencing. No coach will lose his job over this game. There IS a lot riding on the outcome of this one, but it is not the end if we should lose. Perspective, understand the process, and stop whining.
    Call me a whiner then but its not because I dont have faith in our players, its the coaches and how if any we adjust if need be. Until I see us make adjustments with results I will not change my opinion as it comes to adjusting to the pats.

I just saw Kenny Britt is actually suiting up today for the pats

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

On paper, the Steelers are superior to the Patriots.

But the Patriots have the Steelers beat in one particular aspect: Coaching.

If something isn't working, will Tomlin and the coaching staff make the necessary adjustments to win? This is the big matchup to me that really isn't in their favor.

We'll see come 8:00 tonight. Will it be a Steelers victory, or yet another Patriots beatdown?

Steelers Inactives
    No. 5 QB Joshua Dobbs
    No. 11 WR Justin Hunter
    No. 21 CB Joe Haden
    No. 27 S J.J. Wilcox
    No. 71 OT Matt Feiler
    No. 89 TE Vance McDonald
    No. 93 DT Daniel McCullers

Patriots Inactives
    No. 15 WR Chris Hogan
    No. 35 RB Mike Gillislee
    No. 36 DB Brandon King
    No. 53 LB Kyle Van Noy
    No. 74 OL Cole Croston
    No. 92 DL Geneo Grissom
    No. 97 DL Alan Branch

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Haden is out. I'm happy with this. Gotta look at the big picture rather than rush him back. I'd much rather see him healthier for the second time they meet up in the playoffs.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

At least we won't have to worry about Hogan today.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    At least we won't have to worry about Hogan today.
    Looks like both teams are playing it safe today with injuries. Looking at the big picture, this will provide for a better match-up should we meet them again.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Welcome to the NFL Cam Sutton!! Tear it up!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The absence of Haden is awful news. Puts so much more pressure on the offense which will now have to surpass 40 points, otherwise, they'll have to play in New England if they want to get to the Super Bowl, and frankly the odds of this team winning in New England are very slim

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Sensashit is apparently gonna play today. His snap count will increase without Haden, yuck

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Just saw Thomas Davis light up Devante Adams with an illegal crack back block right to the helmet. Much worse hit than JuJu's. How much do you want to bet that he won't get suspended?
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Just saw Thomas Davis light up Devante Adams with an illegal crack back block right to the helmet. Much worse hit than JuJu's. How much do you want to bet that he won't get suspended?
    Didn't even draw a penalty. Let alone a fine. Screw goodhell

Merry Christmas

Yeah I saw that too, it will be interesting to see what happens with him. The NFL has a chance to show some consistency, lets see if they are up to the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post

They did throw a flag. Announcers barely said much of anything about it though, unlike Chuckie.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post

Yes it did.

They did throw a flag. Announcers barely said much of anything about it though, unlike Chuckie.
    On the radio they said the penalty was called against GB .

Merry Christmas