Thread: Week 15: Rooting for the Jaguars... (and some other a$$holes)

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Week 15: Rooting for the Jaguars... (and some other a$$holes)

For those of us who watch other games and want a rooting interest, here are the winners/losers that would” most help the Steelers.

BRONCOS @ COLTS
    Yes, I missed this one. Oh well... it was meaningless.

CHARGERS @ CHIEFS
    Essentially, this game is deciding who will be the champion of the AFC West and who will be the 6th seed. Coin flip.

BENGALS @ VIKINGS
    I hope that the Vikings destroy the Bengals. Go Vikings!!!

RAVENS @ BROWNS
    Duh. Go Browns!!!

TEXANS @ JAGUARS
    We actually want the Jaguars to win. Hear me out. If we can beat the Taperiots, and if the Jaguars win out, the Taperiots would drop to the #3 seed. That is an extra game, followed by a road game... before the Taperiots would have to ply us in the AFCCG. Go Jaguars!!!

The rest of the games... Jets, Raidahs, Bills, Dolphins... meh... see my comments about Broncos @ Colts.

Enjoy

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Week 15: Rooting for the Jaguars... (and some other a$$holes)

Is there also not a chance that the Jaguars could be eliminated from the playoffs as well? I’d rather that scenario...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Is there also not a chance that the Jaguars could be eliminated from the playoffs as well? I’d rather that scenario...lol.
    Very unlikely.....

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Very slim unrealistic chance. You would have to rely on the Texans winning every game. Chargers to win a few. Buffalo. LOL just too many dominos to fall for that to happen.

I'm too lazy to to get the Jim Carrey dumb and dumber meme. But, yeah, there is a chance.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I want the Chiefs because: A. They have proven to be able to beat the Pats, and B. I don't want to see the Chargers. We handle the Chiefs pretty well.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

If the Jaguars are going to continue their push for a playoff berth — and maybe more — they might have to do it without running back Leonard Fournette.

The team announced that he’s questionable for Sunday’s game against the Texans, but he missed his third straight day of practice with a quad injury.

Fournette has been sidelined all week after his 24-carry, 101-yard game against the Seahawks last week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-questionable/

If a team relies on a running back rather than the QB to carry the offense you never know when the wheels might come off

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Very slim unrealistic chance. You would have to rely on the Texans winning every game. Chargers to win a few. Buffalo. LOL just too many dominos to fall for that to happen.

I'm too lazy to to get the Jim Carrey dumb and dumber meme. But, yeah, there is a chance.

I’ll take this scenario...lol.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I want the Chiefs because: A. They have proven to be able to beat the Pats, and B. I don't want to see the Chargers. We handle the Chiefs pretty well.
    Agreed, the Steelers own the Chiefs

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Looks like the Chiefs will take the AFC West after beating the Chargers and should end up playing the #6 seed in round one of the playoffs. Apparently the Chargers characteristically fell apart in the second half last night.

I do not see whatever team is the #6 seed beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead so the AFC #1 seed probably gets the Chiefs.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Looks like the Chiefs will take the AFC West after beating the Chargers and should end up playing the #6 seed in round one of the playoffs. Apparently the Chargers characteristically fell apart in the second half last night.

I do not see whatever team is the #6 seed beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead so the AFC #1 seed probably gets the Chiefs.

If the chargers do not win the AFC west, which is very likely, they will need the ravens to lose 2 of their last 3 games (at Cleveland at home vs. colts and bengals) or the titans lose their last 3 games (at 49ers, at home vs rams and Jaguars)

And the chiefs are in the # 4 seed in the AFC, behind the jaguars at 9-4 ....

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    If the chargers do not win the AFC west, which is very likely, they will need the ravens to lose 2 of their last 3 games (at Cleveland at home vs. colts and bengals) or the titans lose their last 3 games (at 49ers, at home vs rams and Jaguars)

And the chiefs are in the # 4 seed in the AFC, behind the jaguars at 9-4 ....
    My bad on the #4 seed playing the #6 seed - #4 plays #5 - but I do not see the Chiefs losing at home to any of the AFC raggedy wild card candidates - only one of those teams that might put up a fight is the Ravens

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Chiefs defense has improved and Kareem Hunt the last 2 games has returned to September form

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    My bad on the #4 seed playing the #6 seed - #4 plays #5 - but I do not see the Chiefs losing at home to any of the AFC raggedy wild card candidates - only one of those teams that might put up a fight is the Ravens
    If things pan out...

#6 wildcard @ #3 Taperiots
    #5 wildcard @ #4 Chiefs

Assuming the Taperiots win, they’d have to play in the state of Florida, where they haven’t faired well (1-4 against the Dolphins, and needed 3 missed FGs to beat the Buccaneers).

Even if they get past the Jaguars, the Taperiots would enter the AFCCG having had no rest and (at least) one difficult game.

SUMMATION:
    Today’s Taperiots-Steelers game will have a huge effect on the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Bengals getting killed.....bad news....looks like Lewis is done after this season.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Burfict is still out with concussion.........he's faking!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Chiefs defense has improved and Kareem Hunt the last 2 games has returned to September form
    Reid finally wised up and let someone else call plays.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Now we gotta hope that the Bills beat the Cheats for once. Cuz the Jets are a dumpster fire (once again).

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    Now we gotta hope that the Bills beat the Cheats for once. Cuz the Jets are a dumpster fire (once again).
    Jets have more success against them than the Steelers.

Jets and Bulls are not gimme games.

The Jets already beat the Taperiots once this season... I mean, until that Jets TD was called back.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Jets and Bulls are not gimme games.

The Jets already beat the Taperiots once this season... I mean, until that Jets TD was called back.

That's just a coincidence. Shit like that never happens with the Patriots.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    That's just a coincidence. Shit like that never happens with the Patriots.
    By Tony Corrente's crew. Go figure.

Need a reason that the Bills will be extremely motivated to beat the Taperiots?

I can give you Tre.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Bryce Petty isn’t beating anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. It’s gonna have to be the Bills.