Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where's the 'Haden is Practicing' Thread???

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Where's the 'Haden is Practicing' Thread???

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    I remember that year, I really wanted Jalen Ramsey but the Jags got him first. Could you imagine having Ramsey and a healthy Haden on our corners?
    Ramsey and Hargraves were never going to fall that year to the Steelers. Apple and Jackson were the next 2 best and Eli Apple was really a 1 year wonder at OSU. Personally, I thought that Xavien Howard, Mackensie Alexander, Kyle Fuller and Cyrus Jones were better CB's than Burns, but I think Howard was the only one that really projected to a boundary CB and the other guys were slot CB's I belive.

Burns is a Steeler and I like his attitude of working to get better, I only hope he keeps progressing and somehow embraces some technique and maybe an offseason with Joe Haden helps that further. The draft year he was a guy with straight line speed, long arms and sticky hands, but had no real good technique, stiff hips and clunky change of direction. He also showed he liked to look at the QB , so he could gamble for picks, so a lot to work on.

Haden is a pro, with good technique and I hope he is back. Sutton I watched and he has good technique and that technique allows him to be around the WR to challenge the pass for a breakup. He also shows some good awareness and understanding of routes and how WR's set them up. I like his game, but am not sure if he is a guy that is thought of to play boundary CB.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    I remember that year, I really wanted Jalen Ramsey but the Jags got him first. Could you imagine having Ramsey and a healthy Haden on our corners?
    Ramsey was being discussed as a possible no.1 overall pick to the Titans before the Titans traded out of that spot. There was no chance he'd make it out of the top 10

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

I think Haden is playing and Tomlin knew since Tuesday he is playing.... Just a little smoke and mirrors.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

It looks like Cam Sutton is a player so I'm sure some will assume that will mean that the Steelers wont pick up Haden's option next season. But I disagree. You need at least 3 solid corners in today's NFL. The drop off since Haden went down has been drastic. But it's now starting to stabilize a bit with the emergence of Sutton. But anyway getting to next season, particularly with Shazier being a major question mark you want to keep what known strengths intact. Your Super Bowl window with Ben might only extend to next season, so to me you keep this guy and go into next season as solid as you've been in corner for decades.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    It looks like Cam Sutton is a player so I'm sure some will assume that will mean that the Steelers wont pick up Haden's option next season. But I disagree. You need at least 3 solid corners in today's NFL. The drop off since Haden went down has been drastic. But it's now starting to stabilize a bit with the emergence of Sutton. But anyway getting to next season, particularly with Shazier being a major question mark you want to keep what known strengths intact. Your Super Bowl window with Ben might only extend to next season, so to me you keep this guy and go into next season as solid as you've been in corner for decades.
    I agree! Looked like Sean Davis was primed to be a Pro Bowl player too, but I'm very disappointed with his whole season, not just yesterday. Sutton may be good, but we know that Haden is a Pro Bowler.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I second that, pick up the option, then we have 3 good CB's going into next season and we can use a high pick on a Safety and ILB and OLB like we need to do (especially if Shazier doesn't heal up like he needs too). We are set a RB and WR and OL and DL. TE is not terrible so we can still wait on drafting a TE early also.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

How quickly we forget. Were anything but set at TE. Jesse James has 1 good game against the Ravens and everybody forgot how bad/unavailable (cough cough Vance McDonald) have been. Vance is getting released, theres no doubt about that. He costs way too much beyond this season and cant even stay on the field, its a Ladarius Green situation all over again. Jesse James had the kind of game I think we all dreamed he could be capable of against the Ravens, but thats the only time hes really done it. The guy is still a YAC disaster and severely lacking in physicality despite his size. Im gonna go out on a limb and say we need a tight end who averages more than 8 yards a catch.

Tight end is squarely one of the positions we should be warmest to in the 1st round if the value matches up
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    How quickly we forget. Were anything but set at TE. Jesse James has 1 good game against the Ravens and everybody forgot how bad/unavailable (cough cough Vance McDonald) have been. Vance is getting released, theres no doubt about that. He costs way too much beyond this season and cant even stay on the field, its a Ladarius Green situation all over again. Jesse James had the kind of game I think we all dreamed he could be capable of against the Ravens, but thats the only time hes really done it. The guy is still a YAC disaster and severely lacking in physicality despite his size. Im gonna go out on a limb and say we need a tight end who averages more than 8 yards a catch.

Tight end is squarely one of the positions we should be warmest to in the 1st round if the value matches up
    We're talking about TEs in a Joe Haden injury thread??

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

It astounds me that I can look into a thread that has to do with “HADEN PRACTICING “ and people are talking about drafting a TE in the first round......as if we don’t have enough of those.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

lol i was responding to a post above me. BACK ON TOPIC....

Joe Haden is returning against the Texans barring a setback according to Gerry Dulac: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...urn-this-week/
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    lol i was responding to a post above me. BACK ON TOPIC....

Joe Haden is returning against the Texans barring a setback according to Gerry Dulac: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...urn-this-week/

Good save.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Play him some to get his timing (for lack of a better word) down & such.

But, give Sutton a ton of snaps.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Joe Haden had to cover a TE once

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Joe Haden had to cover a TE once
    Maybe that’s how he got hurt......it all makes sense now.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Burns in tight man coverage

Haden being Haden

Sutton, Hilton, Allen, Gay

I'm really liking this CB corps

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Burns in tight man coverage

Haden being Haden

Sutton, Hilton, Allen, Gay

I'm really liking this CB corps

Their arrow is most definitely pointing up.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It would be a HUGE mistake if they didn’t keep Haden.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler