Thread: Ryan Shazier on IR

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Ryan Shazier on IR

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Ryan Shazier on IR

Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Inevitable. Hope he makes a full recovery!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Not surprised and I think that it's in Ryan's best interest. He needs to just focus on getting better and not worry about football.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

A new statement from the UPMC on Ryan today not really much, but its something.

Ryan Shazier remains hospitalized at UPMC recovering from the spinal stabilization surgery performed last week by UPMC neurosurgeons and Steelers team physicians Drs. David Okonkwo and Joseph Maroon. Mr. Shazier has started physical rehabilitation as part of his recovery process. Further updates will be provided by UPMC.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Has there been any updates on his walking or moving of his legs beside "wiggling his toes"?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Not a doctor at all but isn’t anything movement wise a good sign? Means all the nerves still work. Maybe just has to heal. I don’t think he plays again but I do think he’ll walk out of the hospital eventually.

I just have this feeling that he’ll try to make it work in camp next year and it won’t go well and he will retire. I think in a year he will be a coach or a scout but not a player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Ryan Shazier is blessed to have such an amazing support system...

Shazier was strapped to a board and carted off the field after a collision with receiver Josh Malone during the first quarter of a Dec. 4 matchup with the Cincinnati Bengals. Shazier spent two nights at a University of Cincinnati hospital before being transported to Pittsburgh for the surgery.

Players were shaken by the injury during the game and in the days after.

On Tuesday, the team placed Shazier on injured reserve.

Vernon Shazier, Ryan's father, told ESPN via text that the support from around the NFL has been "unbelievable" and the family is "remaining hopeful and taking life one day at a time."

Steelers players have been visiting Shazier throughout the past week and have been uplifted by his spirit. More than 15 players wore customized Shazier cleats before Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens, and most of the team wore No. 50 T-shirts.

"You go and visit him and all he wants to do is talk about football and how we are in practices," linebacker T.J. Watt said. "Just how positive he is has shown us how we should approach our day-to-day lives, because football was taken away from him for the year. We have to go out here and not take things for granted and have fun."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...starting-rehab
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

That story sounds like it COULD be scary.

When guys say things like, "remaining hopeful and taking life one day at a time". That sounds like nothing is guaranteed yet about his day to day future.

I'm just hoping this kid walks out of the hospital and worries about football some day way down the road.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It is scary. The fact that he’s still at the hospital doing inpatient rehab isn’t a good thing. That could mean he’s having a neurological problem with movement in his legs. From what I’ve read and heard, usually these surgeries result in patients having outpatient rehab at this stage.

Hopefully everything is just going slow for safety sake...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Heard he started his rehabilitation process today... I keep waking up everyday hoping to see a video of him walking cleanly.