Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Ike Taylor and Heath Evans over sexual harassment allegations

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Ike Taylor and Heath Evans over sexual harassment allegations

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ons/943287001/

Faulk, Ike Taylor and Heath Evans will remain suspended "pending an investigation into these allegations," NFL Network said in a statement to USA TODAY Sports.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Ike Taylor and Heath Evans over sexual harassment allegations

I hope this is not true....

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Re: NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Ike Taylor and Heath Evans over sexual harassment allegations

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I hope this is not true....
    you know it is. What do you expect when women are brought into basically a locker room setting. Not saying its right, just saying its inevitable. you watch these clowns on espn and nfl network they are all ex players BS ing. Its more like a batchelor party than actual analysis. Im sure they get comfortable with the women , let their guard down and say the wrong thing. Not to mention you have an aging woman who's career is over and is now pissed.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

What the faulk man?

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Time for men to start acting like men instead of pre-pubescent boys.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

There’s a bunch of other players she is accusing as well...McNabb being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Shit is getting out of hand...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

None of this is surprising. From the producers, to athletes, to tv and movie actors, to just the guy in charge of making out the employee schedules at McDonald's. Men in power positions make power plays even if just as a joke that only makes him laugh. I hope these 'men' had fun and enjoyed themselves and their little jokes. Time to pay up, a$$holes.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    There’s a bunch of other players she is accusing as well...McNabb being one of them.
    Eric Weinberger, who was the NFL Network's executive producer at the time of the allegations against him, now works for Bill Simmons Enterprises and was suspended there today.

This linked article walks through how the litigation may play out. Apparently the amended complaint that cites allegations attributed to named individuals was filed after settlement negotiations went nowhere following the filing of the initial complaint. No surprise Warren Sapp makes an appearance.

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/1...abb-weinberger

ESPN suspended McNabb and Eric Davis this afternoon

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/12/sports/nfl-network-marshall-faulk-donovan-mcnabb.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2F sports&action=click&contentCollection=sports&regio n=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPl acement=1&pgtype=sectionfront

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    None of this is surprising. From the producers, to athletes, to tv and movie actors, to just the guy in charge of making out the employee schedules at McDonald's. Men in power positions make power plays even if just as a joke that only makes him laugh. I hope these 'men' had fun and enjoyed themselves and their little jokes. Time to pay up, a$$holes.
    That's right assholes. Don't you know humor and hurting women's feelings is a capital offense in this day and age? Say your prayers and prepare your last rites. We'll see you at the gallows. That will teach those sexists to tell jokes.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Liberals have taken over the NFL. Some women are crazy and don't like anything that a man says. Others have a legitimate beef.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Liberals have taken over the NFL. Some women are crazy and don't like anything that a man says. Others have a legitimate beef.
    Excuse me but what does liberals have to do with men behaving badly? This kind of shit right here is why we can't get along. Why not just put the blame where it really belongs. On the assholes who think they can use their power to manipulate and take advantage of women. Why the hell do you have to make this political. FFS it's a people problem not a political affiliation problem.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Ike??????

Seriously????????????

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Ike??????

Seriously????????????
    I know it's totally effed up. I'm not sure if you read the article or not, but if what is being alleged is true, it's sickening. Shame on Ike if this true.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    That's right assholes. Don't you know humor and hurting women's feelings is a capital offense in this day and age? Say your prayers and prepare your last rites. We'll see you at the gallows. That will teach those sexists to tell jokes.
    They are only allegations but what is alleged seems to go beyond "hurting women's feelings."

Assuming you do not define "humor" to include a man sending a text to a female coworker with images of him masturbating

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Well it all has to be true because someone filed a lawsuit........... Maybe she encouraged the behavior right up until she was fired for stealing.........

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Sorry but I have a hard time believing every single allegation is true. What was supposed to be a movement is getting so out of hand that it's actually going to numb people to real accusations and real victims
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

No one said it was true...
    And there is the typical it's the woman's fault excuse..SMH

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Well it all has to be true because someone filed a lawsuit........... Maybe she encouraged the behavior right up until she was fired for stealing.........
    With regard to the allegation against Ike Taylor, if a coworker encouraged you to send a text such as that he allegedly sent would you comply with the request?

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Excuse me but what does liberals have to do with men behaving badly? This kind of shit right here is why we can't get along. Why not just put the blame where it really belongs. On the assholes who think they can use their power to manipulate and take advantage of women. Why the hell do you have to make this political. FFS it's a people problem not a political affiliation problem.

Some of it is blown out of proportion. Making stupid remarks to a woman is stupid, but it's not rape or a precursor.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    With regard to the allegation against Ike Taylor, if a coworker encouraged you to send a text such as that he allegedly sent would you comply with the request?
    I’m not looking to hook up. I’m happily married. I can’t speak for Ike. As it relates to him being off the air, that’s a positive. I can’t stand his lazy analysis. But I hope it’s not true for his personal well being. If it is true, then he and the others should get what’s coming.

Seeing as how I don’t know her, I can’t speak to her credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Some of it is blown out of proportion. Making stupid remarks to a woman is stupid, but it's not rape or a precursor.
    You're moving the goal posts. We're talking about harassment here not rape. Maybe it is blown out of proportion, but to put it off as some political stunt is extremely insensitive to the accuser and all of those men and women who have been harassed and haven't come forward yet because of precisely this reason. Someone will say its their fault or they must have some political agenda. That's what pisses me off.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

These actions are well past locker room antics and jokes. They are profane and disgusting if proven out. Zero sympathy for anyone here. No political stance or beliefs need be raised. Unless there is some details I am unaware of, how are some of these comments or videos ever acceptable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it odd that all these guys just up and sent this woman nude videos, texts, etc...

I’m thinking she’s probably not totally innocent here...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't know all the facts and I am not going to rush to conclusions but I know that regardless of whether or not it's true or not, someone has done or is doing something shameful

Either these guys shamefully harassed a woman and made inappropriate and uncalled for advances or this woman is shamefully trying to deliberately destroy the careers of men by spreading falsehoods against them and in the process make it difficult for true victims to be taken seriously.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Sorry but I have a hard time believing every single allegation is true. What was supposed to be a movement is getting so out of hand that it's actually going to numb people to real accusations and real victims
    Agreed.

I doubt not all of them are true, and not all of these allegations should be treated as gospel truth just like not all allegations should be brushed off as false just because some allegations are. Women should not have to be subjected to distasteful harassment by sick predators who want to abuse their standing and power, but at the same time it's dangerous to assume that every allegation is true because there are women who make deliberate falsehoods just to destroy another person's life and gain sympathy.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    These actions are well past locker room antics and jokes. They are profane and disgusting if proven out. Zero sympathy for anyone here. No political stance or beliefs need be raised. Unless there is some details I am unaware of, how are some of these comments or videos ever acceptable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. I'll withhold judgement but these acts are never acceptable IMO. Men need to behave like men and treat women with professionalism and respect, not as sex objects for their enjoyment.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I agree. I'll withhold judgement but these acts are never acceptable IMO. Men need to behave like men and treat women with professionalism and respect, not as sex objects for their enjoyment.
    Absolutely correct. Is it true that we see everything through our own filters and that some women have on filters that turn anything to a sexual harassment? Sure. But it's just as true that it happens out there a heck of a lot more than any of us would like to think.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post

Wrong!!! Stand up Conservatives like Roy Moore would never harass a woman... (who is of legal age).

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I just don't understand. When operating in a professional capacity, keep your hands to yourself. And if you feel like saying something, ask yourself first if you would say the same thing to your mother. If you would not, then STFU.

Not that difficult.