Thread: Buy or sell?

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Buy or sell?

Hearing some AB MVP talk. Do you believe he is a legitimate candidate? The guy is lights out and shows up week in and week out. He's fearless and he's been so clutch it's unbelievable. If the MVP award were given out today, AB would be my guy for the simple fact that he is the NFL's best player.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Buy or sell?

Jerry Rice had 22 TD in 12 games in 1987 and he did not win......Maybe a candidate, but never a WR will win the MVP if Rice did not win in 1987.

Brady should win his 3rd MVP, which was my choice even before the Wentz's injury.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

If he gets 491 over the next 3 games and the Steelers win out, I think he’s the favorite. There’s no QB having a lights out year and a 2,000 yard season will do it IMO.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Nope. Wentz or Brady. MVP is a QB or RB award.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

He'll win offensive player of the year Imo.

Brady will be the MVP.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Nope. Wentz or Brady. MVP is a QB or RB award.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wentz is done for the year so it won't be him. Fuck Brady.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    He'll win offensive player of the year Imo.

Brady will be the MVP.
    I do not think.....I mean, I thought Brown had a very good chance of winning it in 2015, but he was not even close.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

AMEN!!!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Fair enough. But it has been a QB or a RB every year since 1957 except for 3 times (DL, PK, and LB) -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...e_Player_Award

Don't shoot the messenger here. But the leading candidates at QB are some version of Wentz, Wilson, and Brady. Wentz and Brady play on teams with better records, so that vaults them over Wilson.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I do not think.....I mean, I thought Brown had a very good chance of winning it in 2015, but he was not even close.
    AB could have won the award if the Steelers won the division.

This is different Imo, Brown is getting legit MVP talks which is rare for a WR. In 2015 Cam Newton was lighting up the NFL with 45 total TD's while leading Carolina to the best record in the NFL which was 15-1, understood he won both.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Fair enough. But it has been a QB or a RB every year since 1957 except for 3 times (DL, PK, and LB) -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...e_Player_Award

Don't shoot the messenger here. But the leading candidates at QB are some version of Wentz, Wilson, and Brady. Wentz and Brady play on teams with better records, so that vaults them over Wilson.
    Oh, I agree. Most likely it will be a QB or RB but I don't think that it necessarily should be. AB is as dominant as any player in the NFL.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Sell. Bell and Ben will cancel out AB's chances at even seizing a handful of votes
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Sell. Bell and Ben will cancel out AB's chances at even seizing a handful of votes
    Too many INTs for Ben and Bell isn't good enough to be MVP. 3.9 YPC won't cut it.

Oh, I agree. Most likely it will be a QB or RB but I don't think that it necessarily should be. AB is as dominant as any player in the NFL.
    No real debate on my end! I just don't see it happening. NFL MVP is one of the dumbest awards there is. It typically has nothing to do with anything but "prettiest QB on most-hyped playoff team".

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Ben missed 4 games in 2015. This year hopefully Ben will be slinging it for 16 games and that will be the difference.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Too many INTs for Ben and Bell isn't good enough to be MVP. 3.9 YPC won't cut it.
    By cancel i dont mean that either are MVP candidates as well, just that their pedigree in and of itself will have people shrugging off Antonio Brown as a great player, but a guy who gets "too much" help from key skill position players.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Buy or sell?

He would need to get to 2000 and 12 TDs. Otherwise it’s going to be Brady...again...unless Ben wins the passing title and throws 10 TDs and 0 INTs over the next three...he could be a late candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    By cancel i dont mean that either are MVP candidates as well, just that their pedigree in and of itself will have people shrugging off Antonio Brown as a great player, but a guy who gets "too much" help from key skill position players.
    From that standpoint I think Ben's INTs actually help his case. When Moss was catching 25 TDs Brady was throwing 50. Ben is probably gonna end up with around 16 picks. I think the feeling right now is that AB is making Ben more than Ben is making AB.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The best player in the league is AB. He’s essentislly uncoverable.

The most valuable to his to his team is Russell Wilson... because, without him, that offense would be awful.

So... they’ll give it Brady.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He should receive some consideration, I honestly think that Baltimore would be leading the division right now if you take AB off this team. He was the one consistent player offensively when the offense was in a funk and was posting dominant numbers even then and now he is has been making big plays in the clutch the last few weeks. However, I am smart enough to know that AB as a WR probably won't come close to winning the award, though if Bobby Wagner can receive 1 MVP vote in 2014, then AB should get at least 2 this year

They can have their MVP trophy. I'll take the Super Bowl trophy.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Give me a Lombardi, everything else is meaningless.

Two bad games in a row for Brady and another 200 yarder for Brown on Sunday will further the AB hype!!

Yesterday, I did not believe, but after the game of Brady yesterday, it's not impossible ...

If Brown has a big game against the pats and Brady is average and the steelers win, it will be possible