Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ravens

8 32.00%
  • Chargers

6 24.00%
  • Jaguars

11 44.00%

Thread: Teams that would be the biggest challenge for the steelers in the playoffs ...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Teams that would be the biggest challenge for the steelers in the playoffs ...

Chargers,Ravens or Jaguars?

Among his 3 teams that steelers could probably play against them in the playoffs in their first playoffs game (wild card round or divisional round) which team would be the biggest challenge for steelers among his 3 teams ...

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Teams that would be the biggest challenge for the steelers in the playoffs ...

Chargers, because they have a defense and a great qb and good running game and good wideouts. Jags defense is still scary but if you can find a weak spot and exploit it, I'm not sure Bortles is going to win a shoot out in the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Teams that would be the biggest challenge for the steelers in the playoffs ...

I would have to vote Chargers if only because we haven't played them this year.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Ben always seems to play well against the Chargers, the last time we played them he had a "bad" game because he came back too soon from injury and still threw 3 TD's. I feel fine about playing the jaguars again because we've gotten better in a lot of ways that would prevent history from repeating itself: Bell getting more than a handful of touches, attacking the middle of the field, the emergence of Juju, and most importantly the emergence of Ben.

i have no desire to play the ravens again. I hope they play the patriots in the playoffs if they make it because they seem to consistently play them hard
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Jaguars. They have the best defense.

Now of course out of all teams the Patriots will be the toughest. I hope the Steelers pass rush is on fire because Brady isn't going to miss wide open passes.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Teams that would be the biggest challenge for the steelers in the playoffs ...

Jaguars. They have the best defense by far and already throttled the Steelers once at home. They have a good running game and Bortles isn’t playing terrible.

Would be nice to see them fall to the 4 seed and have to go to NE to play. I’d almost rather play the Patriots than the Jags.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I don't want to see the Jags again unless it's in the AFCC after they knock off the Pats.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Jaguars defense is legit. Bortles is not.

The Chargers are streaky. They could give us a run for the money... or, they could just as easily give us 5 turnovers.

The Ravens are a tough out for us, whether they’re 2-14 or 14-2. I do NOT want to see them again this season.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Jags are admittedly a tough team with a tough defense and they will be difficult, but I'm going with Chargers. They are the hotter team right now, they're defense is playing great, and one thing that separates the Jags and Chargers is QB. Phillip Rivers is not only the better QB who also happens to be hot right now, but unlike Bortles, he also has playoff experience and has won postseason games

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

I would like our redemtion against the Jags

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

there is no easy route to the SB. Either we avenge 2 losses, or avenge a loss and beat Pats twice in one year. Thats assuming we play Jags then Pats. If we face Ravens that means its a knock down drag out and we have to beat them 3 times in one year. Im not worried about Chargers so that worries me. Either way the killer B's are going to have to keep balling. The D is good enough to keep us in games , but not dominate. If Ben doesn't turn ball over I feel good about beating anyone.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

The jagoffs don't really scare me much. I think if we played them again it'd be like the 2nd time we faced miami last year. The key to beating them is just don't beat yourself. their offense isn't gonna run away with anything unless you're turning over the ball

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    The jagoffs don't really scare me much. I think if we played them again it'd be like the 2nd time we faced miami last year. The key to beating them is just don't beat yourself. their offense isn't gonna run away with anything unless you're turning over the ball
    This. Roethlisberger had the worst game of his career against them earlier this season (yes, even worse than the Raiders game in 2006 when he played with a concussion). I don't expect that to happen again.

I'm with teegre - the Ravens are the team I don't want to see again.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I picked Chargers and they are dangerous, but I have no desire to play Baltimore again either

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Think about the defenses that would make up this playoff season. The Steelers AND Pats could both be in trouble. Jags, Chargers, Ravens, Chiefs would all bring matchup issues. I don't worry so much about the Titans due to Lebeau, as in, we know what to expect. After the Pats get their 4th loss this week, they will fall behind the Jags, and most likely play the 6th seed, sending the 5th seed to the West winner. If it plays out, Steelers-1, Jags-2, Pats-3, Chiefs-4, Ravens-5, Chargers-6(How I see it as of today)

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The Jaguars defense is legit. Bortles is not.

The Chargers are streaky. They could give us a run for the money... or, they could just as easily give us 5 turnovers.

The Ravens are a tough out for us, whether they’re 2-14 or 14-2. I do NOT want to see them again this season.

Yep.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Ourselves.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Pats and Jags. The rest are all beatable.

From the NFC, I'd say the Saints. Brees would pick apart our underwhelming secondary. I would have said the Eagles but without Wentz they dropped way down.

I'll say this now so it's on record. I think the Jags are going to win the Superbowl this year. They have the same blueprint the 2000 Ravens had. A ridiculous defense with a mediocre QB managing an offense that's just good enough to win.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Not only could Brees pick apart the secondary but Kamara and Ingram would gash them on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Not only could Brees pick apart the secondary but Kamara and Ingram would gash them on the ground.
    Saints are the sleeper choice in the NFC, IMHO.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Faguars for sure

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

THE PATRIOTS