Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JuJu Smith-Schuster Thinks NFL Created Double Standard By Upholding His Suspension

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

JuJu Smith-Schuster Thinks NFL Created Double Standard By Upholding His Suspension

Suspended for the past week after his hit on Vontaze Burfict, we haven’t gotten a chance to hear from JuJu Smith-Schuster, aside from a couple of tweets he’s sent out since. But posted today to his Youtube channel, he discussed in detail the hit he made and his reaction to the league suspending him for Sunday night’s game against the Baltimore Ravens.

Playing the new Call of Duty, which is officially the most millennial thing ever, Smith-Schuster discusses the hit.

“I didn’t know it was 55 until after,” he said. “I was like, ‘oh, I hit 55?’ So I looked over him and I was like, ‘oh damn, that’s Vontaze Burfict. That’s one of the most dirtiest players in the game and I actually got him.'”

Smith-Schuster still defends the hit as legal. He was fined for the collision and then once more for taunting him afterwards.

“I was just trying to make a block. I felt like it was a clean hit because I hit him in his shoulder pads. You can argue his helmet, his head did go back but still, I thought it was a clean hit.”

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/12...ng-suspension/

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster Thinks NFL Created Double Standard By Upholding His Suspension

C'mon, don't lie about it. Of course you knew it was 55 Burfict. Look at the pic, face straight down to look eye to eye, with clenched fists. That was a taunt and deliberate.

That said, GREAT JOB, BEST HIT I HAVE SEEN ALL SEASON. Burfict got a little payback and it was well worth a 1 game suspension.(Since we ended up winning both games)

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster Thinks NFL Created Double Standard By Upholding His Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    C'mon, don't lie about it. Of course you knew it was 55 Burfict. Look at the pic, face straight down to look eye to eye, with clenched fists. That was a taunt and deliberate.

That said, GREAT JOB, BEST HIT I HAVE SEEN ALL SEASON. Burfict got a little payback and it was well worth a 1 game suspension.(Since we ended up winning both games)
    He said he knew it was him when he looked down. That’s why he stared him down.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Of course they did and then they reinforced it some more by announcing that none of the cheap shot assholes from Seattle will be suspended either.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

And by the way, the league announced today no players from the Seattle/Jacksonville debacle would be suspended for what happened Sunday. Michael Bennett took a low shot at the Jaguars’ center on a kneeldown and Quinton Jefferson attempted to fight a fan who threw a bottle at him. In the league’s eyes, that’s evidently less egregious

Move along nothing to see here.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Multiple reports indicate that the player who attempted to fight the fan was repeatedly called a racial slur and had beer thrown on him. Personally, I wish he would've got up into the stands and stomped the dude.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

I'm not sure how in a civilized country racial slurs somehow justify violence.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

They created a double standard a long time ago, this is just one more example of it.

Not a double standard, actually - more like no standard, just make it up as you go along.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Multiple reports indicate that the player who attempted to fight the fan was repeatedly called a racial slur and had beer thrown on him. Personally, I wish he would've got up into the stands and stomped the dude.
    I don't advocate throwing drinks at players or using racial slurs (I'm not a Bengals fan) but he was kicked out of the game for a reason. If he hadn't taken a cheap shot at the Jags players and tried to start a fight on a kneel down, he wouldn't have gotten tossed and none of this would've happened. He also could've just ignored the fans and kept going into the locker room. Once he decided to stop and head toward the fans, then he just opened himself up to anything happening.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Violence begets violence. I can't stand racism either, but it doesn't give anyone the right to smash someones face.

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I don't advocate throwing drinks at players or using racial slurs (I'm not a Bengals fan) but he was kicked out of the game for a reason. If he hadn't taken a cheap shot at the Jags players and tried to start a fight on a kneel down, he wouldn't have gotten tossed and none of this would've happened. He also could've just ignored the fans and kept going into the locker room. Once he decided to stop and head toward the fans, then he just opened himself up to anything happening.
    This x10!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Yeah it could've gone Ron Artest and that's not cool for any reason.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

It wouldn't surprise me if Burficts IQ goes UP after a blow to the head.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I hear what you all are saying, I really do. But I'm just sick and tired of the fact that any idiot with an internet connection or who buys a ticket to an event thinks they can do and say whatever they want without consequences.

I kinda feel like maybe a 300+ pound man climbing into the stands to ask the gentleman to repeat his previous statements might really be a solid learning experience for your average drunken asshole.

Obviously, I know as well as each of you that we can not realistically advocate or allow that to take place.

I mean change up the situation, what if a fan called AV a "baby-killer" and a "war criminal" and threw beer on him as he walked into the tunnel. What would you like to have happen there? At least part of you would like to see AV confront the fan and instruct him on a respectful exchange of viewpoints.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

JuJu Smith-Schuster Thinks NFL Created Double Standard By Upholding His Suspension

Doesn’t make it right. Sticks and stones...

The fan should lose privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Okay. In all seriousness, when I first looked at that picture I thought to myself, Who's the lucky fourteen-year-old getting his pic taken with all the Steelers? What makes it even more hilarious is this is the same person that crushed Burfict and got suspended a game for being a bad, bad man.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    AV is a goof ball!

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Okay. In all seriousness, when I first looked at that picture I thought to myself, Who's the lucky fourteen-year-old getting his pic taken with all the Steelers? What makes it even more hilarious is this is the same person that crushed Burfict and got suspended a game for being a bad, bad man.
    Baby faced killer.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Hey all here is a must watch video of JuJu's interview today in the locker room. This kid has got such a great demeanor. I can't get enough of this guy. I think I may have a man-crush.

http://www.steelers.com/videos/video...4-d1fd7016bcce

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Fire Goodell!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Hey all here is a must watch video of JuJu's interview today in the locker room. This kid has got such a great demeanor. I can't get enough of this guy. I think I may have a man-crush.

http://www.steelers.com/videos/video...4-d1fd7016bcce
    when they wrote the article about him in Latrobe staying after practice to catch footballs from the jugs machine, I knew the kid was gonna be a fan favorite. All he does is grind and that is the difference between success and failure in the nfl imo.

Sammie Coates is a better athlete, but not a natural catcher of the football like JuJu, but for a kid with great hands to put in that kind of time, while a guy like Coates who had suspect hands, we never heard of anything like that.....its the difference in where the 2 are IMO.

Just wanted to put this out there. Davis got suspended 2 games for his hit on Adams on Sunday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3135/thomas-davis

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Just wanted to put this out there. Davis got suspended 2 games for his hit on Adams on Sunday.

And I thought Davis hit looked like Iloka hit where he lead with the helmet to helmet.

Kind of a joke that last week it was 0 games, this week its 2 game suspension and what Gronkowski did was only 1 game.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Kind of a joke that last week it was 0 games, this week its 2 game suspension and what Gronkowski did was only 1 game.
    NFL "discipline" in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    And I thought Davis hit looked like Iloka hit where he lead with the helmet to helmet.

I think Iloka got a pass because he actually hit a ball carrier. Davis and Juju smacked someone blocking. Gronk should've got more than one.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I think Iloka got a pass because he actually hit a ball carrier. Davis and Juju smacked someone blocking. Gronk should've got more than one.
    I think it had more to do with AB popping right back up instead of faking injury like Burfict did. The league office doesn't penalize a hit so much as they penalize the result, as well as the level of media "outrage" it generates.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I think it had more to do with AB popping right back up instead of faking injury like Burfict did. The league office doesn't penalize a hit so much as they penalize the result, as well as the level of media "outrage" it generates.
    That sounds about right.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Reduce it to one game after the appeal - miss the Tampa Bay game where it will not matter and be back for what should be a big game in Atlanta

The league cannot get out of its own way with inconsistent applications of the "rules"

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I disagree, if it was social media then gronk would have had a 3 game or more suspension. There is a favored team and then there is the team that voted against the CBA and harbors James Harrison on the sidelines. Say what you will but the league is so crooked it could hide behind a corkscrew. IMHO