Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 15: Patriots

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Week 15: Patriots

Ive already accepted that the defense wont be able to hold its own. Ive also accepted that the Killer B's will be up to the challenge. Ben will have his best game ever against the Patriots, and there wont be any garbage time in this one. Think we'll fall just short, but in a very inspiring performance (with hopefully a round 2, that I think we will take).

-If James/Mcdonald can continue to channel Heath Miller, we'll have several extra scoring drives. I think Haley's playcalling is still just as much of a detriment as it was early in the season, but the difference has been Ben taking the shorter throws when theyre open and attacking the middle of the field. The Patriots wont believe that we'll have the balls to do this so i hope they double AB and watch us march up and down the field in true "death by a thousand papercuts" fashion. Taste of their own medicine

-Bud Dupree's C gap was wide open all day, i expect the patriots shifty RB's to exploit this

-Watt continues to show that he can be flipped on either side and still be productive. Lets use this to get Harrison at least some snaps on the field

37-34 Patriots
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 15: Patriots

Defense won't be doing much of anything this game. Brady has ripped up much better Steeler Defenses in the past. Minus Haden and Shazier, It will be very hard to watch.

The only chance the Steelers even have is on Offense. They need an A+ performance from the Offense to have a remote shot at winning.

40-24 Patriots.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

As I’ve stated in the other threads...

Brady/Belichick WILL exploit the loss of Shazier with outside runs. Expect the Taperiots RBs to amass 150 yards from scrimmage.

But, BB will more than make up for it. Plus, no one can stop AB right now. He is on another level. Add in Bell (the Taperiots have never played all three), and voila! a shootout for the ages.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

An OT thriller...

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Watching so far this Pats defense looks very suspect. Linebackers are slow and cannot handle RB out of the backfield...If we play the same game that we have been with check downs and patience we'll walk up and down the field on these fools.

Miami just scored again. They are winning the LOS

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Brady caves at the first sign of pressure. Butler needs to get creative but I'm not sure if thats possible.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Really hope they give Fort a shot at ILB. Spence, nor Moats are not the answer.

Fort is the only ILB that brings anything close to what Shazier brought to the defense.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

Fort is the only ILB that brings anything close to what Shazier brought to the defense.
    I think they will next week, cause if they don't Lewis will eat our lunch on the edges

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Brady caves at the first sign of pressure. Butler needs to get creative but I'm not sure if thats possible.
    The only thing that consistently frustrates Brady is pressure up the middle.

He can step step up from an outside pass-rush; he can throw into the blitz; he can just about do everything to counter a defense... except for pressure up the middle. Last season, in the playoffs, the Texans almost beat them (without a QB) with pressure up the middle.

As far as th second point goes, Butler just needs to do what he’s done thus far this season: get sacks from Heyward and Williams (aka pressure up the middle).

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Well, Miami's taking it to them 27-10 right now so I hope that we're taking notes.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

If were being honest with ourselves, nobody is probably the answer. We just have to mask this deficiency as best as we can the rest of the season. Spence has been on the streets and was probably the worst run defender last night. Moats hasnt even played ILB in years. Fort knows so little about the defense that when Shazier went down against the Bengals, we brought in Gay as a sub-package linebacker to line everyone up. Unbelievable .

How good is Fort? i havent been watching enough of his preseason snaps. But if hes better than the other 2, it seems like its time to give Williams the green helmet for the rest of the season
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    If were being honest with ourselves, nobody is probably the answer. We just have to mask this deficiency as best as we can the rest of the season. Spence has been on the streets and was probably the worst run defender last night. Moats hasnt even played ILB in years. Fort knows so little about the defense that when Shazier went down against the Bengals, we brought in Gay as a sub-package linebacker to line everyone up. Unbelievable .

How good is Fort? i havent been watching enough of his preseason snaps. But if hes better than the other 2, it seems like its time to give Williams the green helmet for the rest of the season
    Shazier leaves a void that can't be filled by any backup

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Well, Miami's taking it to them 27-10 right now so I hope that we're taking notes.

YES....Take some notes...SOME press man, no huge cushions from the corners, pressure from different places and Brady is folding anytime he's about to get hit. They are beatable. I'd rather take the chance being aggressive and let the chips fall.

They are changing the approach every play. Adjusting coverage, adjusting WHO's rushing or blitzing. Incredible defensive game plan from Miami today. 0-11 on 3rd conversions so far for New England. PLEASE TAKE NOTES KEITH BUTLER.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Shazier leaves a void that can't be filled by anybody in the NFL
    slight edit

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Offensively: let Ben run the show, don't let Todd Haley bog down the offense with his playcalling

Defensively: hit Brady and hit him hard and early. Sure will resul t in flags but will lead to long term gain to shake him up

Man, Brady really forced those throws on his interceptions. He wasnt even under pressure. He actually wasnt under pressure on many of his throws that fell incomplete. Were going to need that if we dont want to be forced to score 30+ to win. Someone needs to play like Xavien Howard did tonight.

Cutler actually should have had 4 TD's tonight, Jakeem Grant dropped a really easy one on the exact same play Ben was hitting Brown on all night against the Ravens

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post

Oh I 100% agree. But Imo Fort is our best shot due to his athletic talents.

Wonder if Brian Allen can be used to cover Gronk? Complete wildcard, doubt the Pats would expect that.

They used Cortez Allen in his rookie year(2011) to play that role.

Belichick is just great lol.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Wonder if Brian Allen can be used to cover Gronk? Complete wildcard, doubt the Pats would expect that.

As long as Butler remembers that a TD is a TD whether it comes at the end of a 15-play drive or a 2-play drive and doesn't roll out the same patented LeBeau "tackle the catch!" passive soft zone garbage that Brady has made a career out of feasting on. I swear I'll turn the game off if he does...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

So with the Pats stumbling we can basically "almost" lock up the #1 seed next week with a win!

Man I hope Tomlin and the coaches do exactly the opposite of what they always do to get ready!

- - - Updated - - -

Belichick is just great lol.
    When you win like he does you have the right to treat any reporter like a moron. LOL. The 1:51 mark when the guy asked him about the onside kick ... CLASSIC.

The scary thing is when is the last time the Pats lost two in a row. I'm scared next week they are going to demolish us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    So with the Pats stumbling we can basically "almost" lock up the #1 seed next week with a win!

Man I hope Tomlin and the coaches do exactly the opposite of what they always do to get ready!

- - - Updated - - -

When you win like he does you have the right to treat any reporter like a moron. LOL. The 1:51 mark when the guy asked him about the onside kick ... CLASSIC.

The scary thing is when is the last time the Pats lost two in a row. I'm scared next week they are going to demolish us.
    i cant find the article right now but i posted an article the other day that indicated the patriots cumulative record in general (0.766) is pretty much the same as their record after a loss (0.776). so no hocus pocus here

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

If it works, we better warn Allen to watch out for those blind side WWE elbow drops!

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I did not watch the whole game last night but, Brady looked rattled his passes were off. I know the cheats will play their best against the Steelers they always do. Steelers can't play safe in this game must get to Brady up the middle send TJ on a mission to wreck this game for Precious Brady and, maybe Harrison will make an impact!! The Steelers time is now and, the offense needs to another huge game to pull this off!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I suspect last night's game is a bit of an aberration for the Pats offense. Gronkowski is the engine that drives their offense. He is the match-up problem, he is the player who Brady looks to on "hot" routes, etc. Since he plays against the Steelers, I expect the offense to be back to hitting on all cylinders.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Could be a 60-59 game.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

If the Steelers play 60 minutes of focused football they will win easily. I'm tired of hearing this bullshit that Brady is going to be pumped up. Sack his ass a few times and he'll be barking at his OC on the sideline. This team is young and hopefully not brain washed into thinking that they can't beat the Pats. Its time to close this chapter of losing to these shitheads.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    If the Steelers play 60 minutes of focused football they will win easily. I'm tired of hearing this bullshit that Brady is going to be pumped up. Sack his ass a few times and he'll be barking at his OC on the sideline. This team is young and hopefully not brain washed into thinking that they can't beat the Pats. Its time to close this chapter of losing to these ASSHOLES.

Fixed.

The most obnoxious thing that can possibly happen in this game for us defensively is that we shut down Gronk and Cooks, and Brady proceeds to move the ball in death-by-a-thousand-papercuts fashions with White, Burkhead, Amendola, and Hogan

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    The Patriots winning percentage after losing a game is about the same as their overall winning percentage in the B&B era (.776 to .766). So don't wet your pants over it.