Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Week 15: Patriots

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 15: Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    In that scenario, the Ravens would most likely play Pittsburgh in the divisional round, and I do not want to play that team again
    I'm with you. Although we did it to them in 2008, it's tough to beat a tough divisional rival three times in one season.

On the other hand, Joe Flacco does suck.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bells numbers have been horrific against the Patriots. He seems to be the one weapon Belichick tries to eliminate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    But look at their scoring defense. Thats all that matters
    True that - but if you have been playing against crap offenses it can overstate the likelihood of a defense having similar success against a good offense

Football Outsiders still has the DVOA of the Pats defense in the dumpster and Jay Cutler made it look pretty bad Monday night

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Bells numbers have been horrific against the Patriots. He seems to be the one weapon Belichick tries to eliminate.
    Except for his rookie year, he's either been out altogether or injured during the game. That makes it easier for the genius to stop him.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    True that - but if you have been playing against crap offenses it can overstate the likelihood of a defense having similar success against a good offense

Football Outsiders still has the DVOA of the Pats defense in the dumpster and Jay Cutler made it look pretty bad Monday night

same can be said of us. besides, the patriots have held opponents to lower than their average PPG for like 8 straight games (up until the dolphins game). im not gonna hold my breath on easy scoring against the patriots. i still feel like we'll hit 30, im just not confident that it will be enough

- - - Updated - - -

If I recall correctly though, Ben/Bell/Brown have never played together against the Patriots up until the AFCCG last year (and that doesnt really count since we lost Bell early in the game)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Bell vs Cheats**

2013: 15 carries -74 yds 4 rec, 65 yds - Game was close through 3 quarters but 4th quarter was horrific.

2015: Suspended. DeAngelo had 127 yards and a great game

2016: 21-81yds - 10 rec 68 yards. Landry at QB

2016 AFCC game: Injured early

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Bell vs Cheats**

2013: 15 carries -74 yds 4 rec, 65 yds - Game was close through 3 quarters but 4th quarter was horrific.

2015: Suspended. DeAngelo had 127 yards and a great game

2016: 21-81yds - 10 rec 68 yards. Landry at QB

2016 AFCC game: Injured early
    Zero rushing or receiving TDs in 9 quarters.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Don't call any reverses in the red zone!!!! Especially on the first drive.

I have a feeling the last team with the ball is going to win.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Good breakdown of the game in this article in The Ringer

The AFC’s Matchup of the Year Looks Like a Shootout

The one area where Pittsburgh does have an advantage on defense is up front. Underrated Patriots right tackle Marcus Cannon is on IR with an ankle injury, and his replacement, LaAdrian Waddle, is nursing an ankle problem of his own. Cam Heyward and Stephon Tuitt should both have opportunities to work against replacement tackle Cameron Fleming, and that’s good news for the Steelers—because if they can’t bother Brady on Sunday, they’re going to be in for a long afternoon. ...

If there’s one prediction I feel comfortable making about the Game of the Year, it’s that we’re going to see a whole lot of points. Given the way the Steelers’ offense has been rolling of late, I think they deserve the slight edge. Both defenses will be tested on Sunday afternoon, but the talent advantage Pittsburgh has with its front four should allow the Steelers to make one or two key plays against Brady. On offense, Pittsburgh has a different group of players than the one that struggled against New England early in 2017, and it feels like the combination of Bell, Brown, and a red-hot Roethlisberger will be enough to help it squeak by at home.

No matter what happens, this one should make for appointment viewing.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/1...eek-15-matchup

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I'm not feeling this game...I'm beginning to think the Patriots are gonna steam roll us...their defense will eliminate brown and bell imho and I think our defense will still do the same old bland shit and be picked apart...same as last year

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I have great hope...but I am sticking by my 45-20 shellacking until the coaching staff can prove otherwise...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

LMAO!

Tom Brady is coming to town!

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I have great hope...but I am sticking by my 45-20 shellacking until the coaching staff can prove otherwise...
    Yeah I'm still sticking by my 45-17

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    I'm not feeling this game...I'm beginning to think the Patriots are gonna steam roll us...their defense will eliminate brown and bell imho and I think our defense will still do the same old bland shit and be picked apart...same as last year

One of the worse offenses in football just scored 38 points on this defense.

This team is in for an ass kicking.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde fan base has come out of the game day threads. LMAO!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Gronkowski's back after his suspension and people seem to be doubting the Pats right now which usually ends up leading to Brady responding by coming out on fire and kicking his next opponent in the ass. Steelers also had some issues with playing against the run and screen passes to the RBs (i.e. Bears, Jags, Packers rookie RB), with Shazier. Without Shazier, they got run over by the Ravens no-name RBs. Pats RBs against a Shazier-less defense should even the most optimistic of Steeler fans. Big Ben will likely need another monster day for the Steelers to win. After his first 500 yards day since 2014, I'm hoping for his first 6 TD day since 2014

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

Yeah and the Dolphins are better than the Patriots based on your logic. Why are you even going to bother watching?

BostonBlackie

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    LMAO!

Tom Brady is coming to town!

Steelers 34 Patriots 17

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yeah and the Dolphins are better than the Patriots based on your logic. Why are you even going to bother watching?
    So are you going to be watching from under your blankets with your binky?

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    So are you going to be watching from under your blankets with your binky?
    I'm gonna be front and center with my terrible towel. They might get beat. I'm no cheerleader. But if I thought an 11-2 was going to get blown out on their home field, I wouldn't bother watching. To each their own.

- - - Updated - - -

As usual though a lot of people will be on here Sunday night saying "I'm so happy to eat crow.." blah blah blah.

And there's really no reason to be a prick either.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I'm gonna be front and center with my terrible towel. They might get beat. I'm no cheerleader. But if I thought an 11-2 was going to get blown out on their home field, I wouldn't bother watching. To each their own.

- - - Updated - - -

As usual though a lot of people will be on here Sunday night saying "I'm so happy to eat crow.." blah blah blah.

And there's really no reason to be a prick either.
    Don't be so emotional, I was goofing around. I figured you could handle. I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Don't be so emotional, I was goofing around. I figured you could handle. I guess not.
    This game Sunday has left me without a sense of humor.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

And, the Steelers just scored 39 on one of the league’s best defenses...

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Good point!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Because I'm a fan. Just not being a homer.

It's my honest opinion based on the history between these two teams, I sure hope I'm wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    That is very true.

Dolphins put up 27 on the Patriots - but we all know Jay Cutler is headed to Canton and Ben Roethlisberger is a game manager working with journeymen at WR and RB

FWIW the defense the Steelers scored 39 on last week is #1 in Football Outsiders DVOA rankings - the mighty Patriots are ranked #30

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

We win this one cause it's at home and we are the better team! We already tied the all time record this year beating top notch teams. When we beat them we will have the record since the merger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Dolphins put up 27 on the Patriots - but we all know Jay Cutler is headed to Canton and Ben Roethlisberger is a game manager working with journeymen at WR and RB
    I watched the game and could have put up more but played it safe after the 27!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Injury report-Steelers seem to be in a bit better shape. With all those defensive players for the Pats banged up.....this could be a real shootout.

STEELERS

OUT

TE Vance McDonald (Shoulder)

DOUBTFUL
    No players listed

QUESTIONABLE
    CB Joe Haden (Fibula)
    CB Coty Sensabaugh (Shoulder)
    WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (Hamstring)

Pats

OUT
    DL Alan Branch (Knee)