Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 15: Patriots

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Week 15: Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    If the Steelers play 60 minutes of focused football they will win easily. I'm tired of hearing this bullshit that Brady is going to be pumped up. Sack his ass a few times and he'll be barking at his OC on the sideline. This team is young and hopefully not brain washed into thinking that they can't beat the Pats. Its time to close this chapter of losing to these shitheads.
    Unfortunately most of Steelers Nation has been brain washed into thinking that. They are living in their fears.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Everybody just don't be surprised when the Steelers come out and play the same soft zone that they always have against the Pats. I just knew that in the AFCC they would switch up, but they didn't. I'm expecting the same scheme, for better or for worse.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Belichick always willing to consider players cut for attitude and other off the field issues if it will improve the team. Bob Kraft can pontificate about maintaining standards but Belichick calls the shots.

Patriots close to deal with troubled but talented WR Kenny Britt

In 2014, the Patriots had hosted Britt on a free-agent visit, but owner Robert Kraft reportedly told the Boston Herald that because of off-field issues, "We won't be signing him. That won't happen."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...wr-kenny-britt

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Belichick always willing to consider players cut for attitude and other off the field issues if it will improve the team. Bob Kraft can pontificate about maintaining standards but Belichick calls the shots.

Patriots close to deal with troubled but talented WR Kenny Britt

In 2014, the Patriots had hosted Britt on a free-agent visit, but owner Robert Kraft reportedly told the Boston Herald that because of off-field issues, "We won't be signing him. That won't happen."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...wr-kenny-britt
    They signed Floyd last season (I think) and it didn't blow up in their faces but it really didn't matter either.

Britt is by far a more talented WR than most teams can pull off the street at this point in the season, but he doesn't scare me either. Like, Britt can beat you for sure -- but I'm not making a "stop Kenny Britt or Else!" gameplan either.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Britt stinks. He stunk in Tennessee. He stunk in St. Louis. He stunk in LA. He was worse in Cleveland. Glad to see they signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Britt stinks. He stunk in Tennessee. He stunk in St. Louis. He stunk in LA. He was worse in Cleveland. Glad to see they signed him.
    Agreed. He drops so many passes.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Everybody just don't be surprised when the Steelers come out and play the same soft zone that they always have against the Pats. I just knew that in the AFCC they would switch up, but they didn't. I'm expecting the same scheme, for better or for worse.

If Butler does his Lebeau impersonation against the pats I'd fire him on the spot.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

If the Steelers play 60 minutes of focused football they will win easily. I'm tired of hearing this bullshit that Brady is going to be pumped up. Sack his ass a few times and he'll be barking at his OC on the sideline. This team is young and hopefully not brain washed into thinking that they can't beat the Pats. Its time to close this chapter of losing to these shitheads.
    Amen.

Dont build them up into some scarey monster. They are human, hit em in the mouth and they will bleed.

Lets go Steelers!

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

If they do that, the Tomlin and Butler both deserve to be fired. In ANY competitive sport, never change a winning game plan, ALWAYS change a losing game plan. They have already proven that that game plan has 0% chance of winning against the Pats. If they get beaten while taking an in-your-face aggressive approach, they've at least tried a different strategy and if it doesn't work they weren't gonna win regardless. If they get beat putting Brady on his ass, I'll live with it.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

This team is young and hopefully not brain washed into thinking that they can't beat the Pats.
    Amen!!!

JuJu wasn’t even in kindergarten yet, when the Steelers played the Taperiots in the 2001 AFCCG.

Artie Burns was in third grade when the Steelers played the Taperiots in the 2004 AFCCG.

And... Chris Boswell attended his junior high school winter formal, the weekend after the Steelers played the Taperiots in last season’s AFCCG.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Preach Shoes! PREACH!!

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

keys.Contain,Attack ,Cover and Tackle....offense will take care of its self...

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I have to say that I am more excited about this game than any regular season game I can recall in years. The stage is set.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I think the schedule played to our favor in this one. The Patriots are coming off a road Monday night game and here we are playing consecutive home games. Also if Brady's achillies is nagging him that could play to our benefit.

As far as the Steelers go. Offensively we're operating at peak level. Getting Ju Ju back will be a plus. And it looks as if Ben and "the outlaw" Jesse James have found their rhythm. Bryant? Who knows? Maybe he'll get his brain into this one? I think the Steelers should move the ball well all game against the Patriots. Execute in the red zone and I would expect a 30+ point output.

Now of course this brings us to the defense. I'm hoping the Steelers sandbagged a little last week and they've got a better plan this game to replace Shazier. If I'm right Spence and Moats will get minimal defensive snaps this game. Anyway if Brady is a little hobbled we should be able to limit them to some degree. Long story short if we can keep their running game in relative check ( under 110 yards) I think we will produce a timely sack or two and maybe finally force Brady into an interception!

Final score Steelers 37-27
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

The Pats can be beat and, it starts up front must get pressure on Precious make him uncomfortable. The offense must score TD's instead of FG's it's the Steelers time and, Ben is playing great Steelers take this one 37-20.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    I think the schedule played to our favor in this one. The Patriots are coming off a road Monday night game and here we are playing consecutive home games. Also if Brady's achillies is nagging him that could play to our benefit.
    Agreed Pats coming into Heinz following a Monday night game and for a third consecutive road game is a break for the Steelers.

OTOH Steelers are coming off back to back division games against Bengals and Ravens that are always tough. When the Steelers were down 11 midway through the second half Sunday night, after having been outscored 31-6 following a hot start, Collinsworth noted the Bengals had collapsed earlier that day (which admittedly might be because the Bengals are choking dogs who simply quit) and speculated the Monday night brawl had worn out both the Steelers and Bengals. I am concerned how much the Steelers have left in the tank after all that has occurred in the past 2 games.

As for the NFL and scheduling, with the computer software available to smooth out playing times it is nuts that the Steelers played 5 of their last 6 games at night.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I have to say that I am more excited about this game than any regular season game I can recall in years. The stage is set.

Reminds me of the Week 14 regular season game in the 1997 season, against the Broncos, when Cowher closed practice to the media.

Bryant didn’t practice today as a coaches decision...anyone hear why?

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    The most obnoxious thing that can possibly happen in this game for us defensively is that we shut down Gronk and Cooks,

and Brady proceeds to move the ball in death-by-a-thousand-DINKS fashions with White, Burkhead, Amendola, and Hogan
    Fixed it for ya.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Bryant didn’t practice today as a coaches decision...anyone hear why?
    The official explanation is “not injury related” as opposed to the “illness” explanation when he kept missing practices before the blowup leading to not dressing for the Lions game

Either it is another drug counseling day or Bryant is mentally checked out again.

Tomlin was pretty cold yesterday when he said “now you know why” Bryant had not been returning kickoffs

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

And of course Brady is a full participant immediately in the week after struggling with his achilles for some time.

Then again it is the Pats, so he could have been sitting in the training room all day for all we know
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    And of course Brady is a full participant immediately in the week after struggling with his achilles for some time.

Then again it is the Pats, so he could have been sitting in the training room all day for all we know
    I was listening to their radio network today and they said it was a walk through.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    The official explanation is “not injury related” as opposed to the “illness” explanation when he kept missing practices before the blowup leading to not dressing for the Lions game

Either it is another drug counseling day or Bryant is mentally checked out again.

Tomlin was pretty cold yesterday when he said “now you know why” Bryant had not been returning kickoffs
    Tuitt missed practice today and was listed as “illness”.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Not counting on Brady having another bad day, especially with Gronk back. Offense will have to score a lot of points

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Patriots put Starting RT Marcus Cannon on IR: https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...njury-news-afc

Normally I would say that this could be huge but apparently the back ups have done well against the likes of Joey Bosa, Von Miller, and Khalil Mack. I doubt Dupree will have anymore luck
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

This team is young and hopefully not brain washed into thinking that they can't beat the Pats. Its time to close this chapter of losing to these shitheads.
    That falls on coaching, and unfortunately, the Pats have shellshocked Tomlin. Young players can have all the confidence and not brainwashing in the world, if the coaching doesn't put them into a position to succeed, then the confidence is useless. The players may not be scared, but the coaches are. Tomlin is frightened and paranoid of Belichick. He padlocked the locker room in last years AFCC.

If Tomlin and Butler, under any circumstance, come out and play soft zone like little bitches, the game is lost from the word go.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

If the Steelers play 60 minutes of focused football they will win easily. I'm tired of hearing this bullshit that Brady is going to be pumped up. Sack his ass a few times and he'll be barking at his OC on the sideline.

This team is young and hopefully not brain washed into thinking that they can't beat the Pats

Its time to close this chapter of losing to these shitheads.
    Quoted for Yes!
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The more I think about, the more I’m not certain this game means as much to the team as it does to the fans.

If the Steelers are going to get to the SB, they are almost certainly going to play the Pats again.

Maybe not showing them anything new in this weeks game leaves the Steelers with better odds in a playoff rematch?

That being said getting the monkey off your back is pretty darn important too.

I gotta stop thinking about this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

Belichick is just great lol.
    Belichick always looks like he's constipated.