Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Key to Beating Patriots?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Key to Beating Patriots?

I don't know, but I'd like to see them install some very loud and vulgar audibles for this game.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Haven't heard a dilly, dilly again, but thought I heard a pringle...

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Yeah, I heard that as well.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

"buttpluuuuuuuug! White 90! Dog nuts! Dog nuts! White 90! Brady buttpluuuuuuuug!"

That's more of the kind of thing I was thinking.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Suh injuring Brady?

Seriously though, the defense is going to give up yards and points so the offense is going to have to put up 40 points to win...no turnovers and take advantage of the opportunities they are given. Still thinking 45-20 Patriots. It’s going to be ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

In order to get the #1 seed...

MUST WHINE. CAN NO LOOSE!!!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

1. Line the pockets of go to hell and ply him with alcohol when he attends the next party thrown by Roonie
    2. Bug their locker room
    3. Have camera person setup behind their bench and film them intently
    4. Deflate balls
    5. wait for gronk to fall down then when he least expects it deliver a forarm shiver to the back of his helmet (Bonus it you do it to shady brady at the same time)
    6. Have Ben fumble the ball but pay the refs to say he was only tucking it.
    7. if it's snowing have a snow sweeper at the ready to clear a patch for Boz to kick from
    8. Don't cut off signals to Ben's helmet when it's supposed to cut off (on 2nd thought don't do this Ben is much better on his own accord, instead do it for the D)
    9. Jam their communications
    10. Have someone pull the fire alarms at their hotel
    11. Dog pile Shady brady and give him the "Business"

Did I miss anything?

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

We need Vance out there throwing stone cold blocks. Call it Vance Refrigeration. I don't know how his shoulder is coming along but him playing is one of the keys to victory.

It's going to be a shootout. With Shazier and Haden out, we just don't have the tools to stop them all night. So we have to outscore them.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerette View Post
    We need Vance out there throwing stone cold blocks. Call it Vance Refrigeration. I don't know how his shoulder is coming along but him playing is one of the keys to victory.

It's going to be a shootout. With Shazier and Haden out, we just don't have the tools to stop them all night. So we have to outscore them.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

All I know is that I'm watching the lowly Dolphins give Brady all he can handle by sticking a body on everyone and making Brady run for his life. If the Steelers get beat by being aggressive so be it, but if they play the same type of bullshit gameplan they ran last year then they deserve to be crushed....The DOLPHINS..up by 17 and Teeing OFF on Brady!....fun to watch

Brady is such a wus when he's about to be it. Ben stands in there like Mt Everest, Brady starts bailing when he knows he's gonna get tagged.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

If im reading these tiebreaking rules correctly, if the dolphins somehow hold onto a win tonight, and the steelers lose next week (then both clubs proceed to win out), then the steelers would still be the #2 seed correct?

It honestly seems like the outcome of this game is meaningless as long as both clubs win out after next weeks game
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Watch Butler not learn a damn thing and do the same soft bullshit that's gotten them killed so many times, especially if Haden can't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    If im reading these tiebreaking rules correctly, if the dolphins somehow hold onto a win tonight, and the steelers lose next week (then both clubs proceed to win out), then the steelers would still be the #2 seed correct?

It honestly seems like the outcome of this game is meaningless as long as both clubs win out after next weeks game
    Yep. I just tweeted that...

What is interesting is that the Taperiots can lose the Dolphins game, and still win the #1 seed.

Likewise, we can win on Sunday, and then lose another game... and still be the #1 seed.

If we both end I with the same record, the had-to-head game is the tie-breaker.

Next Sunday is HUGE.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post

You got it.

Same record means first tie-breaker is head to head.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

SEVEN 3 and outs for the Pats tonight. It's FUN watching Brady get pissed off and aggravated. Keith Butler, PLEASE take some notes.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Yep. I just tweeted that...

What is interesting is that the Taperiots can lose the Dolphins game, and still win the #1 seed.

Likewise, we can win on Sunday, and then lose another game... and still be the #1 seed.

If we both end I with the same record, the had-to-head game is the tie-breaker.

Next Sunday is HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    You got it.

Same record means first tie-breaker is head to head.
    Thanks guys. I needed to blue ball myself before I head to bed
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Joking aside...

Does anyone else think that Belichick might have done the most Machiavellian thing ever, by throwing this game? Save all of his plays for the Steelers, and make the Steelers overconfident.

(This game is meaningless for the #1 seed.)

The moment the Dolphins went soft in their coverage scheme the Patriots went right down the field. LEARN from this guys! We gotta get in their face. The Dolphins made it work, they don't have our talent.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Joking aside...

Does anyone else think that Belichick might have done the most Machiavellian thing ever, by throwing this game? Save all of his plays for the Steelers, and make the Steelers overconfident.

No...cuz Brady is getting pounded. I can't imagine that Belichick would take that kind of chance with his prima donna QB

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Brady doesn’t look right...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    No...cuz Brady is getting pounded. I can't imagine that Belichick would take that kind of chance with his prima donna QB

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

One key to the game? Try to move the game to Miami. The Patriots have now lost 4 out of their last 5 in Miami. The AFC east may be a cakewalk for New England every year, but playing in Miami has been anything but that for New England in recent years

- - - Updated - - -

They need to hit Brady early, even if it draws a flag, there will be long term benefit from it as the game wears on

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Let Ben backyard it the whole way. The Patriots struggle against guys like Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, becuase theae players will keep drives alive with their feet and uncanny ability to elude rushers.

1.Ben extends some plays with his feet on crucial 3rd downs.
    2. Tell Todd Haley we play on Monday.
    3. Get Levy in the slot and run conner. New look they haven't seen film on.
    4. Feed AB per usuaul.

5. Defense.... go to 10am Mass and pray.

- - - Updated - - -

6. Double TE set with James and Mcdonald seemed to do well... just keep swapping personal constantly to find mis matches.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Joking aside...

I can think of games where he did it before (that OT game against the Jets I believe where he won the cointoss but gave the ball to them), but I don't think here. Because now, if New England loses against us, they lose the No. 1 seed for good (but we don't clinch unless JAX loses), but moreover, New Englands risks the Wildcard Bye. Because if the JAX wins out (they play HOU, @SF and @TEN) then JAX (and us) will be ahead of New England if they lose against us but win their remaining two games.

And headsets... we're gonna need working headsets.
    Too true.

Oh, and don't forget to send someone to the Pats hotel and pull the fire alarm at 2am on game day...
    Naa, wait until the AFCCG for that one!

Of course, I have to give credit where credit is due. The guy who did it was completely honest when he was arrested. It made me laugh. “I’m drunk. I’m stupid. I’m a Pats fan.”

(of course, once he sobered up and heard the charges, he pled not guilty.)

- - - Updated - - -
    Joking aside...

Holy crap . . . they lost??

BostonBlackie

Joking aside...

No way. That was a legit loss.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Great the Steelers get a pissed off Pats squad after two weeks of brutal attrition games.

Just won't be surprised if the Steelers have very little left in the tank next week.

Great the Steelers get a pissed off Pats squad after two weeks of brutal attrition games.

Just won't be surprised if the Steelers have very little left in the tank next week.
    if its any consolation, the Patriots' record after a loss (.776) is virtually identical with their typical regular season record in general (.766): http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/20...s_patri_1.html

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

That was the worst game I've seen TB play. Damn, I enjoyed it too. What worries me is there speed at RB. Ravens got to edge all night and if Pats have success then it will open up passing game. Hayward didn't play last year so hopefully he can get pressure up the middle. Obviously Watt didn't play either so maybe this year we finally get to Marcia.

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    I can think of games where he did it before (that OT game against the Jets I believe where he won the cointoss but gave the ball to them), but I don't think here. Because now, if New England loses against us, they lose the No. 1 seed for good (but we don't clinch unless JAX loses), but moreover, New Englands risks the Wildcard Bye. Because if the JAX wins out (they play HOU, @SF and @TEN) then JAX (and us) will be ahead of New England if they lose against us but win their remaining two games.
    Holy crap!!!... you are right.

Let’s say we beat the Taperiots... and, even if we lose to the Texans or Browns, we would still end up 13-3.

The Taperiots and Jaguars can only get to 12-4.

But, because the Taperiots lost to 3 AFC teams and the Jaguars only lost to two AFC teams, the Jaguars would hold the tie-breaker over the Taperiots... and would get the #2 seed.

So, assuming we win on Sunday... Go Jaguars!!!