Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bud Dupree one tackle tonight

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Bud Dupree one tackle tonight

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Bud Dupree one tackle tonight

Yep. Not acquitting himself well at all this season...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He's fucking sucked this year. What is he doing. Some of the young talent on defense hasn't come through this year

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

He's playing very poorly. No idea what's wrong with him. He disappears at the LOS. Gets eaten up by blocks or pushed out wide. Looks like he's giving very little effort a lot of the time.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

He is my pick for most disappointing Steelers player this season, and it is not even close.

I was really hopeful that he would put it all together this season, but instead he appears to have regressed. While I hate to make this comparison, he does remind me of Jarvis Jones.

The team is batting .500 with 1st round LBs these past few years, with Shazier and TJ being hits, and Jarvis and Dupree being misses. It happens, but unfortunately I think this team is looking at going heavy at the LB position in next year's draft.
    Last edited by dislocatedday; 12-11-2017 at 12:05 AM. Reason: typo

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

LOL

Jarvis only wish he could be Bud, he's not a star player but this is a knee jerk reaction.

Besides Watt, the whole front 7 got their ass kicked tonight.

I'll wait til the all-22 comes out

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

While in my post above I said it is not even close that Dupree is my pick for most disappointing Steelers player this season, in retrospect that is not quite true. Dupree is still my pick, but Martavis Bryant is not that far behind him.

I expect Bryant will be traded for a late round pick in the offseason. He looks like a zombie out there on the football field, but that is for another thread and not this one for Dupree.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

But but Harrison can't equal that kind of output.

One tackle is the evolution of the game.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

damn if only we had another good OLB on the team not named TJ Watt. oh well
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Bud Dupree will be gone, same for Bryant. His earlier in the season antics is what done it for bryant

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

"Amazing raw talent, needs time to add a new aspect to his game to succeed at the pro level."

Gets time, never adds a new aspect to his game, doesn't succeed.

Stop drafting these kinds of players. Take the ones who don't need to relearn a core aspect of their game, just get used to the NFL in general.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

All of that off season training he did with a sack guru doesn't amount to

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    All of that off season training he did with a sack guru doesn't amount to
    It's great having a no-impact player using up valuable minutes when a better OLB could use them. Unfortunately, I keep forgetting that it is physically impossible for Harrison to play in coverage.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    It's great having a no-impact player using up valuable minutes when a better OLB could use them. Unfortunately, I keep forgetting that it is physically impossible for Harrison to play in coverage.
    Well I just watched the second half and didn't see much of Harrison, but what I did see from him in the first half is that he looked slow and ordinary. We need another OLB to start doing something. At least TJ showed up.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Wow! Crazy game and you found a way to a “Dupree sucks” thread. Everyone on the defense sucked.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

This team needs DB's, LB's and a TE that doesn't get hurt getting out of bed.

And as much as I loved Harrison I agree with 43Hitman. He looked all of 39 last night.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Meh... A lot of folks on D weren't good last night.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

To be fair with Harrison, this is like his first pre-season game. Lots of rust on those pads. Give him another game or 2.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Meh... A lot of folks on D weren't good last night.
    Heyward whiffed three different times..... but we won. What a bitchfest site!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    To be fair with Harrison, this is like his first pre-season game. Lots of rust on those pads. Give him another game or 2.
    He's 39. I remember in my mid 30's when I suddenly realized I couldn't run like it did in my 20's anymore hit me. It's a sad part of getting older that no time in the weight room can stop.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    He's 39. I remember in my mid 30's when I suddenly realized I couldn't run like it did in my 20's anymore hit me. It's a sad part of getting older that no time in the weight room can stop.
    True enough, but you need to be in the game to get up to game speed. Look how long it took Ben to get up to Ben speed. Harrison has been benched too long.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think they were getting JH some reps to have him ready for Brady. I've believed all year that their plans for him involved rushing Brady.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Bud isn't doing himself well this season at all. He'll be gone after this year.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Bud isn't doing himself well this season at all. He'll be gone after this year.
    While he may no longer be in the starting line-up, I highly doubt he is cut. Teams are loathe to give up on 1st round picks and the most they could save would be $1.6 million on the cap.

Dupree as flawed as he is and as frustrating as he is will play out his first contract - just as Jarvis Jones did.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Bud will be a starter next year, and he'll also have his 5th year option picked up.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bud Dupree one tackle tonight

This team needs DB's, LB's and a TE that doesn't get hurt getting out of bed.

And as much as I loved Harrison I agree with 43Hitman. He looked all of 39 last night.
    The need LBs, DBs and Blocking TEs. James as a receiver has been fine. McDonald when healthy has been fine. The need a Mark Bruener/Matt Spaeth type that can primarily block and catch an occasional pass. There isn’t enough draft picks to fill all the needs...unless they want to hit the free agency market...which we know how that goes

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Still waiting on a Sean Davis thread about how bad he was last night....

Guess that gifted INT giving people short memory. Gave up two TD's, awful tackling and dumb penalty.

Heyward, Tuitt(the guys that make this defense work upfront) also had 1 tackle

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Well I just watched the second half and didn't see much of Harrison, but what I did see from him in the first half is that he looked slow and ordinary. We need another OLB to start doing something. At least TJ showed up.
    Can't expect much with 11 snaps. How well would any player be in basically his first game after pretty much being benched for 12 weeks? The real sad part is Dupree has looked like crap all year, but his playing time remains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Bud will be a starter next year, and he'll also have his 5th year option picked up.
    And that would be horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

But Dupree plays like he is 78 years of age.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Can't expect much with 11 snaps. How well would any player be in basically his first game after pretty much being benched for 12 weeks? The real sad part is Dupree has looked like crap all year, but his playing time remains.

- - - Updated - - -

And that would be horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

But Dupree plays like he is 78 years of age.
    Yeah but no amount of additional playing time is going to make him run faster. And it hasn't been 12 weeks since he's played, he had some snaps a few weeks ago. I think you are misunderstanding where I may be coming from, I have always respected JH and greatly appreciated his level of play, but the reality is that Father Time has caught up with him. Does that mean he can't have an occasional game where we see flashes of the old James? No, but to sit here and claim he is still the best pass rusher on the team is ludicrous. IF that's the case and he's so awesome he wouldn't need all these extra snaps to get up to speed as you claim.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Yeah but no amount of additional playing time is going to make him run faster. And it hasn't been 12 weeks since he's played, he had some snaps a few weeks ago. I think you are misunderstanding where I may be coming from, I have always respected JH and greatly appreciated his level of play, but the reality is that Father Time has caught up with him. Does that mean he can't have an occasional game where we see flashes of the old James? No, but to sit here and claim he is still the best pass rusher on the team is ludicrous. IF that's the case and he's so awesome he wouldn't need all these extra snaps to get up to speed as you claim.
    Bud will be rendered completely inert as a pass rusher next week because he's unable to collapse the pocket and has to go around it instead, and his C gap will be wide open like it has been all season. good players on our defense are going to get schooled next week, but some of them are going to get schooled less. Bud just isnt going to be one of those guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.