Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game ball vs Ravens

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Game ball vs Ravens

For me,this is Ben with 506 yards against a very good defense and 0 INT on 66 pass attempts against the best defense for the turnovers before the week 14.

HM:Brown,Bell and James.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Re: Game ball vs Ravens

Agree on Game Ball for Ben.

Goat goes to Coach Tomlin for throwing it twice on our last possession, giving Baltimore the opportunity to possibly kick it with Tucker (which ultimately did not happen, but there was the danger), when we could've just ran it three times, call timeout at 4 seconds and kick the field goal then.
    Plus the Linebackers (except TJ Watt) who had a hard time stopping Baltimore.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Big Ben!

He took over the game!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

The new killer B's. Ben, AB, Bell, and the Boz!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Ben no doubt. It starts and ends there. This is the type of Ben i feel like stands a good chance to beat the Patriots even if all kinds of things are going wrong with the defense
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Ben, Bell, Brown , Boz

James, McDonald and Rogers made some key catches and Watts strip sack closed it out. Too bad McDonald is injured again.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Ben, Bell, Brown, Bozwell, TJ, McDonald, Nix

Goats - yes I agree why are we passing when we are in fg position? I don't care if Ben takes a knee don't pass it. Refs for giving them 14 points on 4 total crap calls. NFL for suspension on Ju Ju while ignoring Iloka

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Game Ball: Ben. Over 500 yards passing against that great Ravens defense that hadn't given up 300 yards all season.
    honorable mention to Outlaw. 10 catches for 97 yards. AB, Bell and Boswell also of course.
    Goat: Defense for most of the game. Couldn't tackle anyone or get off their blocks. They made the poor Ravens offense look great.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Game ball:
    Ben - duh
    Brown - the best WR in the game
    The outlaw. Hate all you want but he saved the day on 3rd and long
    TJ - incredible sack

The whole D sucked but Sean Davis was putrid.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Game Ball to Ben, AB, Bell (3 TDs), Boz, The Outlaw

Outlaw had 10 catches for 97 yds and some very clutch catches.
    McDonald made some nice catches as well but is always getting hurt.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Ben. 500+ yards against a defense that hasn't allowed 300 yards passing in a game all season up to now. Wow.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I forgot to add the outlaw as well

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Game Ball to Ben, AB, Bell (3 TDs), Boz, The Outlaw

Outlaw had 10 catches for 97 yds and some very clutch catches.
    McDonald made some nice catches as well but is always getting hurt.
    McDonald looks like Tarzan but gets hurt like Jane.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    McDonald looks like Tarzan but gets hurt like Jane.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Balls: Big Ben: 3 500 yard passing games, an NFL record, I dare someone to try and argue that he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame. AB: over 200 yards, continues to deliver, team MVP so far, this team may be middling around .500 without him (I am dead serious saying that). Bell: Another great productive day as a duel threat, need him to stay healthy further. Bo$, 4 game winners in 5 games, this time when the team was down and a tough kick in Heinz, certainly clutch. James: Came up big with a productive 10-catch day

Goats: Bryant: Seriously, get your head out of your ass. Show some damn heart. The entire defense: What the hell was that? This game should have been a blowout with how productive the offense was and the defense completely crapped the bed and was bailed out by Bo$ and the offense. Blown coverages and peewee football level tackling were seen in bunches. Danny Smith led Special teams other than Bo$: Gave up some big returns and provided little other than frustration in the return game (seriously, why does Danny Smith still have a job?). Coaching: Play-calling was awful outside of the no huddlle, the sequence of plays prior to the field goal was painful to watch, Butler allowed his defense to be completely outclassed by Flacco, no-name RBs, and a fairly talentless WR corp. The refs: The only way they could have made it more obvious that they were rooting for Baltimore is if they put on Purple camo, a bird beak on their head, and a Ray Lewis jersey, they tried to give Baltimore the game and even failed there. The league Front office: For being incompetent and not holding their awful officials accountable.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Hubbard played pretty well for a backup undrafted free agent. Fire Munchak

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The only person who could stop Ben tonight was Todd Haley with his awful call on the 3rd down at the beginning of the 3rd quarter and putting an extra lineman on the next drive and the steelers were on a 3rd down and 7 because of that .

He can hear the cash register ringing in free agency.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Ben Roethlisberger, no doubt about it.

They can get rid of Bryant for all I care. I'm not feelin' it.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

to be honest, I was screaming at Ben in the first 3 quarters for not dumping off the ball to Bell and the TEs. He finally got it at the end of the 3rd and the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger, no doubt about it.

They can get rid of Bryant for all I care. I'm not feelin' it.
    Yeah Bryant looked like he was on drugs tonight. It was like he was running with concrete boots.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Now if only the secondary coach was as good
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Balls for Ben and AB, and even James with a career night. We finally won a game just by outscoring someone in a shootout.

It's hard to give a goat to the defense - as one of the announcers pointed out, without Shazier, we simply didn't have the speed at linebacker on certain plays and got beat to the outside. The enemy really took advantage of that and it showed. Neither Moats nor Spence is a 1:1 substitute; it's not their faults really, but we have to think of a different way to compensate - formation or scheme, etc. - or we will get eaten alive next week. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    Goat goes to Coach Tomlin for throwing it twice on our last possession, giving Baltimore the opportunity to possibly kick it with Tucker (which ultimately did not happen, but there was the danger), when we could've just ran it three times, call timeout at 4 seconds and kick the field goal then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Goats - yes I agree why are we passing when we are in fg position? I don't care if Ben takes a knee don't pass it.

I thought it was the right call in that situation. A 46-yarder is far from a gimme FG and made me fuckin' nervous. They were better off trying to get the first down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yeah Bryant looked like he was on drugs tonight. It was like he was running with concrete boots.
    No, when he's on drugs he looks like Randy Moss. He looked like he was NOT on drugs tonight. I often wonder if being high literally made him play better. It sure seems like it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Balls for Ben and AB, and even James with a career night. We finally won a game just by outscoring someone in a shootout.

It's hard to give a goat to the defense - as one of the announcers pointed out, without Shazier, we simply didn't have the speed at linebacker on certain plays and got beat to the outside. The enemy really took advantage of that and it showed. Neither Moats nor Spence is a 1:1 substitute; it's not their faults really, but we have to think of a different way to compensate - formation or scheme, etc. - or we will get eaten alive next week. Again.
    I think you're right. Of course, we were also on a short week, bringing in a new player and getting him back up to date with our schemes, and you know Shazier was on everyone's mind as well. So, perhaps it's not as much a different way to compensate as it's just settling into the new reality for this season and using the tools well.

Game balls.

Killer Bs, all four. The line played well for most of the night as well.

Goats.

Don't know. I want to throw the defense in here, but I can't. Not with everything they've been through in the last seven days and playing with two backups (one just brought in off the street) a rookie and two second year players in the LB/DB corp. Think about that for a second. Except for Mitchell and Dupree, none of our players were starters two years ago in the NFL from that group. Yet, we still held it together enough to beat the Ravens. Putting it that way . . . I'm not so upset about it.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

BostonBlackie

Roethlisberger, the Black Knight, gets the game ball.

Coming to a theater near you: The Black Knight vs. Captain America.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

The defense ... Just kidding they blew.

Ben, Bell, Brown and Boz. I'd even toss Jesse James out there. He had a bunch of huge 5-7 yard catches all night. Whenever our running game gets stopped they need James to be Heath Miller.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Big Ben, AB, Bell and the toe of Boswell...

Defense was noticeably missing Shazier. I think we all knew that would be an issue, but too many stupid penalties didn't help the cause.