Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!!!!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: AFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Watching this felt exactly like watching the battle of the bastards from game of thrones
    The King in the North!!!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    More over, as the #1-#3 seed, we would not play the Taperiots until the AFCCG... so, we can always root for the Taperiots to get upset in the divisional round.
    I'd rather the Steelers go through them to get to the SB. They'll just need to match them score for score and have no boneheaded turnovers. I think this offense can do that.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltreal View Post
    This team has that 08' feel when they could trail in the 4th and they kept coming back to win games. Then when the Cardinals took the lead in the SuperBowl, u knew what was coming next.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I'd rather the Steelers go through them to get to the SB. They'll just need to match them score for score and have no boneheaded turnovers. I think this offense can do that.
    Brady/Belichick WILL exploit Shazier’s absence.

But, BB is on fire (and will make up the difference).

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Definitely need Haden.

Gronkowski is going to be a handlful without Shazier.
    Not to mention gronk should have suspended at least 2 games

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

It's hard to do this every time, especially with the dumb playcalling by Haley like in the first 2 drives in the 3rd quarter .....

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I'm really proud of the Steelers what a great win last night and, I say let Ben throw it all over the cheats! It's the Steelers time but, like many have mentioned we need Hayden back.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It's hard to do this every time, especially with the dumb playcalling by Haley like in the first 2 drives in the 3rd quarter .....
    I actually had zero issues with play calling last night. Even the first 3 drives of second half it appeared more like Ravens D stepped up. They do have a great D although last night wasn't their finest. Those first few drives Ben had to get rid of it quickly and missed a couple of receivers, and one drive they handed to Bell twice in a row without success. I can live with that as long as they arent trying reverses and gadget plays to take a loss.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Brady/Belichick WILL exploit Shazier’s absence.

But, BB is on fire (and will make up the difference).

I'd put Watt on Gronk.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    The game day thread is always like that. I have to tell myself to just ignore a lot of the posts.
    I'm totally guilty of it. It's how I deal/cope with the anxiety this teams brings me! I'm usually normal the other 165 hours of a week, it's just those 3 hours.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

It's a nice accomplishment, but I hope they throw those hats/shits in the trunks of their cars and move on to the bigger goal.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Honestly rather have someone else knock them out and give the Steelers an easier path. A super bowl win in that scenario would count just as much and i would actually revel in butthurt pats fans and Steelers haters cry "but they didn't beat new england".

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I'd put Watt on Gronk.
    I hear what you are saying, and Yes.

But, to clarify... I was more specifically talking about (worried about) the Taperiots running backs running outside. We are gonna he gashed for 150 yards.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I hear what you are saying, and Yes.

But, to clarify... I was more specifically talking about (worried about) the Taperiots running backs running outside. We are gonna he gashed for 150 yards.
    In the first quarter?

Based on the defense that was played last night and the inability of the ILBs to read, diagnose, and get to the tackle point the Patriots with a better OL, a better QB, and equal at worst RBs are going to just run the damn wishbone, Wing T, or something else from the way-back machine of Bill B's tape collection and rack up 350+ on the ground.

In all seriousness, those ILBs were simply physically over-matched against the RAVENS. The entire Steelers revamped 3-4 is philosophically rooted in sideline to sideline speed in the front 7. They have traded bulk up front for speed and pass rush ability. The 3 down lineman no longer just soak up 5 offensive linemen. The OL that aren't soaked up by the shiftier front 3 don't matter because the raw speed of the 4 LBs will overcome that. In fact speed at LB is so prized they have changed their expectations and roles for the outside backers to an almost unrecognizable form - ask James Harrison. Last night we saw what happens when that speed is just not there in the the middle of the defense. Too many offensive bodies and debris for the slower ILB to pick their way through to meet the RB at or near the edge. When they do get there, TEs and OL are waiting to block them. Speed kills all game-plans and right now the middle of the Steelers defense doesn't have it.

We can only hope that another week of practicing together allows some combo of VW, Spence, and Moats to "play faster" because they certainly aren't going to learn how to run faster.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

As much as it may not matter, I hope Red is back... just for another option out there.

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

thanks
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Somebody needs to ask Joe Haden what he is feeling right now.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Somebody needs to ask Joe Haden what he is feeling right now.
    Oh man I bet he is on cloud nine, his first successful pro season.