Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Week 15 (Looking Ahead) Patriots Thread

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The Week 15 (Looking Ahead) Patriots Thread

I couldn't resist! The head coach inspired me...

Hey I was thinking, at least one get one more day of rest/prep than the Patriots!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: The Week 15 (Looking Ahead) Patriots Thread

This thread could wait until after Baltimore. The Steelers still have to play a tough team that is also a division rival that always plays them tough

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    This thread could wait until after Baltimore. The Steelers still have to play a tough team that is also a division rival that always plays them tough
    Really? That's why it's called a looking ahead thread. As fans we don't have to worry about being prepared for the next team :-/

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Im not looking ahead toward pats game, Im looking ahead to Super Bowl. Hope its the Vikes but think it will be Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Im not looking ahead toward pats game, Im looking ahead to Super Bowl. Hope its the Vikes but think it will be Eagles.
    I’d kinda like to see the Vikings.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    this game is an oddity because it has no bearing on the #1 seeding if we lose to the Patriots. lose to the patriots, and the only way we get the #1 seed is if the patriots lose to bills or jets at gilette stadium. and we all know the browns are more likely to win the superbowl than that. technically we could also lose the #1 seed if we lose to the texans or browns. but if that were the case, we really wouldnt deserve to go anywhere anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Really just hoping for a lot of injuries and fights on Monday. Gronkowski suspended an extra game for running onto the field and shouting "FRESHMAN!!!" while giving the ref a noogie. One of their unathletic generic white receivers trips and tears both ACLs on a fake reverse play, and gets his helmet stuck in Brady's cavernous ass. Brady out for the season after anal stabilization surgery. Just a few small things like that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    this game is an oddity because it has no bearing on the #1 seeding if we lose to the Patriots. lose to the patriots, and the only way we get the #1 seed is if the patriots lose to bills or jets at gilette stadium. and we all know the browns are more likely to win the superbowl than that. technically we could also lose the #1 seed if we lose to the texans or browns. but if that were the case, we really wouldnt deserve to go anywhere anyways
    You do know that both games that the Pats have lost have been at home. They have struggled at home this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    You do know that both games that the Pats have lost have been at home. They have struggled at home this year.
    They’ve won 15 in a row on the road.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    They’ve won 15 in a row on the road.
    Yes....and we need to end that streak.

Not saying we will, but.........

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The Week 15 (Looking Ahead) Patriots Thread

technically we could also lose the #1 seed if we lose to the texans or browns. but if that were the case, we really wouldnt deserve to go anywhere anyways
    I think that scenario is most likely...lol. But wouldn’t the win over NE pretty much give them a 2-game lead in the race for the 1 seed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    "struggled at home"

ha we wish. i think the world knows those 2 losses are an aberrant in an otherwise typical patriots season. at worst the patriots finish a "vulnerable" 13-3. remember everybody pointing aggressively at the patriots defense early in the season? omg look how vulnerable they are on defense. thats just a distant memory now. 9th in scoring defense (which is all that matters), and ever since their week 4 loss to the panthers theyve held every single team down to less points than their scoring average. 8 in a row.

Ben will need to continue to work his 4th quarter magic if we want to win
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Instructive how the Steelers' 5th-ranked scoring defense supposedly isn't legit because they've faced mostly scrub QBs, but the Patriots' 9th-ranked scoring defense somehow is legit after facing mostly scrub QBs...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Instructive how the Steelers' 5th-ranked scoring defense supposedly isn't legit because they've faced mostly scrub QBs, but the Patriots' 9th-ranked scoring defense somehow is legit after facing mostly scrub QBs...
    Taperiots face a bevy of subpar QBs: Dat defense is good.

Steelers face a bevy of subpar QBs: Da Stillers defense sucks.

Taperiots needed three missed FGs by Nick Folk to beat the lowly Buccaneers: Belichick has got moxie.

Steelers needed three game-winning FGs to beat the lowly Colts, Packers, & Bengals: Tomlin always loses to subpar teams.

et cetera

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Taperiots needed three missed FGs by Nick Folk to beat the lowly Buccaneers: Belichick has got moxie.
    I thought it was because Darth Hoodie employed Jedi/Sith Lord mind tricks to force Folk to miss. I get confused sometimes...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I thought it was because Darth Hoodie employed Jedi/Sith Lord mind tricks to force Folk to miss. I get confused sometimes...
    Close. The Hoodie knew that Folk would miss those FGs, because his Magic 8-ball has told him it’d happen. It’s why he told Brady to throw so many incompletions during the game (for better drama at the end).

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

ESPN looking ahead too - announced this morning the Sunday NFL Countdown show is going on the road to be broadcast from Pittsburgh next Sunday

Not certain what sort of onlookers you get at the broadcast site from 11 am to 1 pm for the show with a 4:25 kickoff

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

If any of you are watching the colts and bills game...the colts just got screwed going up 8-7 then long after the play called a flag for offensive pass interference on the 2 point conversion (they knew if buffalo loses we automatically clinch a playoff spot) after they converted it, guy was blocking within a yard and called it. Luckily they tied it with the extra point but this game is being played in a monster lake effect snow storm. I know we will more than likely get in the playoffs but I believe with a minute left in the game buffalo would have never came back and lost. Im a conspiracy theorist and that just reeked of it to me...lol. Colts just picked off a pass....so we can clinch a playoff spot even before we play tonight if the colts win. I know, i know...i want the #1 seed too!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    If any of you are watching the colts and bills game...the colts just got screwed going up 8-7 then long after the play called a flag for offensive pass interference on the 2 point conversion (they knew if buffalo loses we automatically clinch a playoff spot) after they converted it, guy was blocking within a yard and called it. Luckily they tied it with the extra point but this game is being played in a monster lake effect snow storm. I know we will more than likely get in the playoffs but I believe with a minute left in the game buffalo would have never came back and lost. Im a conspiracy theorist and that just reeked of it to me...lol. Colts just picked off a pass....so we can clinch a playoff spot even before we play tonight if the colts win. I know, i know...i want the #1 seed too!!!!
    of course vinaterri misses the game winning FG

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If this league should survive long enough, what cities in other countries do you guys/gals see getting franchises, and what are some cool nicknames for those teams?

If any of you are watching the colts and bills game...the colts just got screwed going up 8-7 then long after the play called a flag for offensive pass interference on the 2 point conversion (they knew if buffalo loses we automatically clinch a playoff spot)...
    I would think the Steelers still clinch even if the Bills/Colts game ends in a tie as the best the Bills could finish in that scenario would be 9-6-1 and the Steelers already have 10 wins.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I would think the Steelers still clinch even if the Bills/Colts game ends in a tie as the best the Bills could finish in that scenario would be 9-6-1 and the Steelers already have 10 wins.
    Yes a tie we would clinch a playoff spot as well...which is very likely now(thanks to the snow)

- - - Updated - - -

of course buffalo converts a long pass

- - - Updated - - -

well buffalo won....so much for that...lol

- - - Updated - - -

cleveland still couldnt win...up 21-14 with a min left and still lose in overtime?????

Yes a tie we would clinch a playoff spot as well...which is very likely now(thanks to the snow)

- - - Updated - - -

of course buffalo converts a long pass

- - - Updated - - -

well buffalo won....so much for that...lol

- - - Updated - - -

cleveland still couldnt win...up 21-14 with a min left and still lose in overtime?????
    Bears look like the best chance for them to not go 0-16.

If they get to us with no wins yet, i bet we get a dogfight to close out the season

If they get to us with no wins yet, i bet we get a dogfight to close out the season
    If the Steelers have HFA locked up and they play their 3rd and 4th stringers against the Browns' starters, yeah, probably.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    If this league should survive long enough, what cities in other countries do you guys/gals see getting franchises, and what are some cool nicknames for those teams?

The Milledgeville Accusers ?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Bears look like the best chance for them to not go 0-16.
    Bears own the AFC North - will go 4-0 with win over Browns Christmas Eve

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post

North Korean Nukes

Oh wait... That's a country.

If the Steelers have HFA locked up and they play their 3rd and 4th stringers against the Browns' starters, yeah, probably.
    no, i fully mean even with our starters in.

- - - Updated - - -

no, i fully mean even with our starters in.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Hope they prove me wrong but I'm not looking forward to this ass kicking.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

This team has won too many close games against too many inferior teams. Teams like that tend to get exposed by superior teams, and the Pats will certainly expose them

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Maybe, maybe not. Any given Sunday.