Thread: Asking for a Raise

Reigning Black & Gold Array title="venom has a reputation beyond repute"> venom's Avatar

Asking for a Raise

An Employee went to see his boss to ask for a raise
    Employee: Excuse me sir, may I talk to you?
    Boss: Sure, come on in. What can I do for you?
    Employee: Well sir, as you know, I have been an employee of this prestigious firm for over ten years.
    Boss: Yes.
    Employee: I won't beat around the bush. Sir, I would like a raise. I currently have four companies after me and so I decided to talk to you first.
    Boss: A raise? I would love to give you a raise, but this is just not the right time.
    Employee: I understand your position, and I know that the current economic downturn has had a negative impact on sales, but you must also take into consideration my hard work, pro-activeness and loyalty to this company for over a decade.
    Boss: Taking into account these factors, and considering I don't want to start a brain drain, I'm willing to offer you a ten percent raise and an extra five days of vacation time. How does that sound?
    Employee: Great! It's a deal! Thank you, sir!
    Boss: Before you go, just out of curiosity, what companies were after you?
    Employee: Oh, the Electric Company, Gas Company, Water Company and the Mortgage Company!

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Re: Asking for a Raise

Isn't it the truth.

The Virginia Hillbilly Array title="Galax Steeler is a splendid one to behold"> Galax Steeler's Avatar

Gotta love it.

U.S. AIR FORCE Array title="Hindes204 has much to be proud of"> Hindes204's Avatar

Nice