Thread: Pro Bowl: Which Steelers?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Pro Bowl: Which Steelers?

Right now, which Steelers can you make an argument for on a Pro Bowl selection?

I think the 4 obvious ones are:
    AB, Bell, Cam, Decastro

Who else?

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Re: Pro Bowl: Which Steelers?

How's about Boz? He's been money this year.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Pouncey, AB, Bell, Decastro, Cam, and possibly Ben and Boz

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    How's about Boz? He's been money this year.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    That Ravens kicker would be tough to beat. He kicks 55 yarders like Boz kicks 45s.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Ben will probably be there, since he does not have a lot of competition after Brady in the AFC.

Shazier would have been a lock without his injury.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Ben will probably be there, since he does not have a lot of competition after Brady in the AFC.

Shazier would have been a lock without his injury.
    Good catch. I totally forgot the pro bowl is back to being between conferences.

Antonio Brown, Leveon Bell, and David Decastro are shoe ins. Cameron Heyward should be a shoe in but with the bias against 5 technique defensive ends you never know. I think people will recognize him this time around though, especially once he hits double digit sacks.

I think Ryan Shazier will actually get in as well just because hes put up some serious video game numbers in 12 games and he has a lot of league wide recognition.

Tyler Matakevich on Special Teams? He has a serious shot.

Javon Hargrave as a possible dark horse pick.

Villanueva actually has a real chance too. I remember reading a while back he was like #1 in fan voting at LT, i guess putting your hand over your heart does wonders for your exposure. Definitely not deserving, especially with a really sloppy start to the season, but hes been pretty good otherwise. i was hoping he would finally make the leap to pro bowl caliber for an entire season

Ben will get beat out by Brady, Rivers, and Smith. That 5 interception game will just weigh on the minds of the voters way too much. You know who's quietly having an efficient season? Josh McCown, 23 total TD's/5 INT, 67.8 Completion %, 7.5 YPA, 96.7 QB Rating...weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Probably AB, DeCastro, Bell, Pouncey and yes Ben. He has stats and the big name

Cam may get in but there is a shot he gets snubbed because he may not well-known enough (he should be a lock though)

Shazier likely would have gotten in but now those chances are slim to none

Boz will have a difficult time getting in ahead of Justin Tucker

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I think the steelers' record will help Roethlisberger to be there.

I do not think Alex Smith will be selected because of the collapse of the chiefs.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Zero

They will all be playing the following Sunday instead.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Zero

They will all be playing the following Sunday instead.
    To be exact, I did not say play in the pro bowl, but be selected

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Pro Bowl doesn't matter. All Pro and even All AFC does. AB, LeVeon, and DeCastro are all strong candidates for first team All Pro. Cam Heyward and Shazier could potentially first team All AFC. Boz is having an All Pro caliber year, but the dude in Baltimore has it locked up. And not undeservingly so. Also Pouncey deserves consideration. I know that joke of a site Profootballfocus has him as a below average center, but I know the Steelers coaches believe him invaluable and an elite player. Being as they know the plays being called and what everyone's actually assignment is on every play I tend to side with them.
    Last edited by zulater; 12-09-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

None of them. SB bound.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Heyward
    Decastro
    Bell
    AB
    Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Probably AB, DeCastro, Bell, Pouncey and yes Ben. He has stats and the big name

Cam may get in but there is a shot he gets snubbed because he may not well-known enough (he should be a lock though)

Shazier likely would have gotten in but now those chances are slim to none

Boz will have a difficult time getting in ahead of Justin Tucker
    If Cam doesn't get in that's a travesty and I'm not watching! Oh wait... I never watch the Pro Bowl...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Pro Bowl doesn't matter. All Pro and even All AFC does. AB, LeVeon, and DeCastro are all strong candidates for first team All Pro. Cam Heyward and Shazier could potentially first team All AFC. Boz is having an All Pro caliber year, but the dude in Baltimore has it locked up. And not undeservingly so. Also Pouncey deserves consideration. I know that joke of a site Profootballfocus has him as a below average center, but I know the Steelers coaches believe him invaluable and an elite player. Being as they know the plays being called and what everyone's actually assignment is on every play I tend to side with them.
    It matters in some ways. When it comes to HOF credentials and legacy it's always cited prominently.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    If Cam doesn't get in that's a travesty and I'm not watching! Oh wait... I never watch the Pro Bowl...

- - - Updated - - -

It matters in some ways. When it comes to HOF credentials and legacy it's always cited prominently.
    It would be a travesty, but travesties happen during glorified popularity contests