Thread: Wreaths Across America accepts support from Steelers

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Wreaths Across America accepts support from Steelers

Wreaths Across America (WAA) today announced that is has accepted with gratitude a contribution of $20,000 from the Pittsburgh Steelers. The donation will ensure that all 9,600 veterans buried at the National Cemetery of the Alleghenies will receive a remembrance wreath this year as part of WAA’s National Wreaths Across America Day on December 16, 2017.

Each December, WAA honors fallen military services members across the United States with wreath-laying ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery and more than 1,300 other locations as part of its National Wreaths Across America Day. The contribution from the Pittsburgh Steelers will allow WAA to place wreaths on every single fallen military service member’s headstone at the National Cemetery of the Alleghenies in Bridgeville, Penn., in honor of the service and sacrifices they made for our freedoms, with each name said aloud during the ceremonies....

read more @ http://www.steelers.com/news/article...ent=&utm_term=

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Wreaths Across America accepts support from Steelers

What a great thing.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Wreaths Across America accepts support from Steelers

Yes, it truly is.

A woman I work with, who is a Veteran, volunteered to help deliver wreaths to Arlington National Cemetery.