Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers' Ryan Shazier has spinal stabilization surgery

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Steelers' Ryan Shazier has spinal stabilization surgery

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    There’s a lot of doctors on this board.

I'm not a doctor and never claimed I was.

What I posted above is a simplified explanation I got from a neurosurgeon that I talked to over the weekend. He is a friend of the family, and I was at a holiday party with him talking about this subject. He described the situation in layman's terms. He also said that there are hundreds of factors that can influence the ultimate outcome, but that what I posted is basically a simplified flow chart of how things work.

I wasn't trying to pass myself off as a doctor. This is just a simplified, common sense explanation of what is happening and what probably will happen when there is enough information to move to the next stage. I made that clear at the beginning of the post. The very first thing I said is that there is no way to know right now because we don't have enough information. That was the point I was making and then I laid out where it might go from here.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I'm not a doctor and never claimed I was.

What I posted above is a simplified explanation I got from a neurosurgeon that I talked to over the weekend. He is a friend of the family, and I was at a holiday party with him talking about this subject. He described the situation in layman's terms. He also said that there are hundreds of factors that can influence the ultimate outcome, but that what I posted is basically a simplified flow chart of how things work.

I wasn't trying to pass myself off as a doctor. This is just a simplified, common sense explanation of what is happening and what probably will happen when there is enough information to move to the next stage. I made that clear at the beginning of the post. The very first thing I said is that there is no way to know right now because we don't have enough information. That was the point I was making and then I laid out where it might go from here.
    Only a true doctor would deny being a doctor!

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Only a true doctor would deny being a doctor!

Nice!

It may be time to break out George Costanza portraying a marine biologist again!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar