Thread: Jason Whitlock's comments about the AFC North being the most physical division in the NFL.

Senior Member Array title="StillCurtains is a name known to all">

Jason Whitlock's comments about the AFC North being the most physical division in the NFL.

I apologize guys because I don't have the link; but Jason Whitlock just recently made comments on how the AFC North is the most physical division in football while having Ray Lewis on set.

He stated that it all started with Ray Lewis and the Ravens in the late 90's and early 2000's. He said the Bengals and Steelers realized in order to compete with Ray Lewis and the Ravens is that they had to follow suit and build their teams to be physical.

Are you freakin' kiddin' me? I know that the AFC Central was re-named the AFC North during that time, but I don't think this is what he meant and even if he did, it's still the same division with the New Browns added and the Oilers/Titans removed.

We don't need to even talk about the 70's Steelers. The early 90's Steelers carried the physical standard of the division well before Ray Lewis arrived in 96. Lloyd, Greene, Kirkland, Chad Brown, Woodson, Lake and Perry!

They were the standard before Ray arrived in the division and I remember him saying such when he arrived in the league. The bad thing about it is he just sat there and said nothing when Whitlock said it as if he is the reason the division has become what it is.

What a joke!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Jason Whitlock's comments about the AFC North being the most physical division in the NFL.

He was probably talking about the new AFC North with Steelers, Ravens, Browns and Bengals. Probably not going back to the 70s.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Jason Whitlock's comments about the AFC North being the most physical division in the NFL.

I agree, but his reasoning is a joke. The Steelers have always played a tough brand of football that the other teams in the division had to match. The Ravens drafted Ray Lewis to compete with the toughness of the Steelers in the first place. And even so, it took the Ravens how long to finally beat the Steelers in the playoffs? Historically we've always had their number and been the tougher team minus a small stretch from 2012-2016

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Whitlock is a clown, I don't care for any of those people over at Fox Sports 1.

Each show they have makes First Take look good.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Shitcock is another Shrimp Bayless.

Elevator Music.

Plus Greg Lloyd is the patron saint of Football A$$ Whoopin for the 90s (El Gonzo's reference). Go ask Jerry Glanville about Greg Lloyd's WWE 3 count.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I think Dan Kreider would have something to say about that...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Whitlock is a clown, I don't care for any of those people over at Fox Sports 1.

Each show they have makes First Take look good.
    Maybe you should go to ESPN and listen to Stephen A Smith where he turns every topic into racism. Guys a hack!