Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Shazier returns to Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Ryan Shazier returns to Pittsburgh

Well this doesn't look good. Honestly this is beyond football, I just hope he can live a normal life. Even if he's able to play again, if he's at a higher risk of injury for getting paralyzed, I'd rather him retire for his own safety.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/12...dnesday-night/

Michele Steele
    @ESPNMichele

Just got off phone w neurologist Dr Anthony Alessi, who consults w NFLPA, asked him what he makes of Shazier's spinal stabilization surgery. "It's not good...We're not going to see him this season. He may not play football again."

Michele Steele
    @ESPNMichele

Alessi says surgery is needed when the "bones around his spinal cord are dislocated. This is a more severe injury (than a contusion.)"

"This is a much more severe situation on our hands than we thought."
    9:54 AM - Dec 7, 2017

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Yeah I can't see how this doesn't spell the end of his NFL career. I just hope he regains good function of his legs so he can lead a relatively normal life.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Man not good news and, been praying for Ryan & his family hopefully he can return to a normal life.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Awful. prayers for him that he has a normal life

Also wish people wouldn't have said "oh he suffered the same injury as Maddox and Maddox missed 1 game"
    Also yet another year where at least one key piece misses the postseason.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

We all need to pray that Ryan can just somehow get back to normal life and be fully functional. Football is strictly an afterthought when we're talking about someone's life and how it will affect him and his family.

Let's hope for the best for him going forward.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I read an article that even with someone in the great shape as Ryan, at best it would still be 6 weeks to 3 months rehab. Hopefully we'll be seeing him walking on our sidelines rooting our guys on in the playoffs.....please GOD !

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Really sad to possibly see such a promising career ended so shortly. Shazier was having a hell of a season. He's the heart and soul of this defense. Hate to say it, but him being out may be the deciding factor on how far this team goes. Gronk is giving me nightmares.