Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL is strongly weighing a one-game suspension for Steelers WR Juju Smith-Schuster...

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The NFL is strongly weighing a one-game suspension for Steelers WR Juju Smith-Schuster...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: The NFL is strongly weighing a one-game suspension for Steelers WR Juju Smith-Schuster...

Complete bullshit. Another knee jerk reaction like Concussion Sunday.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Re: The NFL is strongly weighing a one-game suspension for Steelers WR Juju Smith-Schuster...

They have absolutely no case for suspending JuJu. No player has ever been suspended for a crack back block. That would be absolute b.s. The only reason that they're even talking about it is because of Gruden.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I will be surprised if they do.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I will be surprised if they do.
    They did. 1 game for Juju. I'd appeal this nonsense.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Fuck the NFL!!!! That's complete bullshit! Where was the suspension for Richard Rodgers for his crack back block last week against the Steelers???

I'm seriously very close to being done with this shit.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I'm sure he'll appeal

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    They did. 1 game for Juju. I'd appeal this nonsense.
    He will - Exhibit A for the appeal will be how this fits with America's favorite overage frat boy only getting one game for his assault in the Bills game

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I told you so.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

So juju gets suspended for a one time hit, but barfass as a repeat offender kicks roosy nix in the head and gets nothing. What garbage. I guess barfass is one of gotohell's favorites and if you dare hit him too hard you get suspended. All this while he is allowed to be a barbarian and injure people

Burfict is the only reason why the Steelers-Bengals are out control

- - - Updated - - -

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I'm sure he'll appeal
    He's not going to win. This is the NFL telling him to forget about playing Hines Ward football in todays league.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Burfict is the only reason why the Steelers-Bengals are out control

- - - Updated - - -

If they are honest, they would add not named vontaze burfict at the end, because he can just kick who ever and get away with it

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    He's not going to win. This is the NFL telling him to forget about playing Hines Ward football in todays league.
    Show me where 1 single player has been suspended for a crack back block in the NFL. It hasn't happened and the NFL can't just start changing the punishment for the same act because Gruden was crying about it.

What Gronk did was 10 times worse and he got the same punishment.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The taunting is what did it. And there is no way to appeal that. What is he going to say he was swapping holiday recipes with him?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Show me where 1 single player has been suspended for a crack back block in the NFL. It hasn't happened and the NFL can't just start changing the punishment for the same act because Gruden was crying about it.

AJ Green turned UFC on Jalen Ramsey and no suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post

I don't have to show you anything, it's the Roger Goodell show, making things up on the fly. He needs more pension money and full use of a business jet.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The taunting is what did it. And there is no way to appeal that. What is he going to say he was swapping holiday recipes with him?
    True, but its worth a try.

" take 2 cups of Sit the Fu@k Down....then add a tablespoon of STFU and let simmer over the playoffs, while other teams are still at work"

Exactly. This is what I loved about Watt with his hit last week. He just walked off the field because he knew it would draw unnecessary to himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    True, but its worth a try.

" take 2 cups of Sit the Fu@k Down....then add a tablespoon of STFU and let simmer over the playoffs, while other teams are still at work"
    LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    AJ Green turned UFC on Jalen Ramsey and no suspension.
    Yep and that was much worse than the football play that JuJu made.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Don't like it considering the comps out there for 1 game suspensions, but I'm not at all surprised. This will hit the rookies pocket for his game check even if Brown picks up the tab on the fine. Hopefully, the kid uses this as a learning opportunity as far as the "unsportsman-like" taunting. I think that was basically the tipping point for this vacation.

He did probably just endear himself even more (if that's possible) to every Steelers fan out there though...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Has anyone been suspended before for taunting?

Gronk only getting one game for his assault the day before raises a legitimate issue of either Gronk getting off too easy or JuJu getting penalized too harshly

If this would have happened in an early Sunday game that was not nationally broadcast no way there is a suspension. National media picked up on Grunden's comments this morning and ran with how the game got out of control. Goodell reacted accordingly with a PR response.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Don't like it considering the comps out there for 1 game suspensions, but I'm not at all surprised. This will hit the rookies pocket for his game check even if Brown picks up the tab on the fine. Hopefully, the kid uses this as a learning opportunity as far as the "unsportsman-like" taunting. I think that was basically the tipping point for this vacation.

He did probably just endear himself even more (if that's possible) to every Steelers fan out there though...
    JuJu just sold a bunch more #19 jerseys.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Clean, vicious hit IMO. The taunting brought more attention to it.....hence the suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Has anyone been suspended before for taunting?

Gronk only getting one game for his assault the day before raises a legitimate issue of either Gronk getting off too easy or JuJu getting penalized too harshly

If this would have happened in an early Sunday game that was not nationally broadcast this would not have happened. National media picked up on Grunden's comments this morning and ran with how the game got out of control. Goodell reacted accordingly with a PR response.
    The NFL is covering themselves by calling it a safety violation. That being the case Burfict should be out of the league with his history.

I don't have to show you anything, it's the Roger Goodell show, making things up on the fly. He needs more pension money and full use of a business jet.
    You said that he wasn't going to win. Previous appeals have often been won by the player due to prior precedent. If the same play has been punished a specific way repeatedly in the past, the NFL can't just all of the sudden change the punishment. If I were JuJu, I'd appeal the shit out of this and take it as far up as it can go.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

The NFL is covering themselves by calling it a safety violation. That being the case Burfict should be out of the league with his history.
    But according to WineyBengalsFan, he's just misunderstood and everybody "baits" him... Going all the way back to his college career.