Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 14:Baltimore Ravens(7-5)

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 14:Baltimore Ravens(7-5)

The Steelers will win the AFC North if they win against the Ravens, so this is another big game against them!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Week 14:Baltimore Ravens(7-5)

Steelers currently favored by 5&1/2 - 6

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Another black and blue physical game. Let's go win this.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

After this game with the Bengals and what is sure to be another battle of attrition with the Ravens, I am strongly penciling in the NE Patriots game as a loss - simply because they won't have enough healthy bodies.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

We need JuJu to appeal and play this week. Win this game and win the division. Let the rest of the chips fall where they may.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I was going to start this thread this morning, but after what happened to Shazier, I deferred.

This game means something to both teams. A chance for the Steelers to clinch the division. A chance for the Ravens to maintain sole possession of the #6 seed for the WC. So neither team is going to hold back (not like they ever do anyway). If Baltimore's offense plays like they did against Detroit, they have a chance. If they show up like they did against da Bears, forget it.

Not to mention losing Jimmy Smith. It's hard enough to cover AB anyway. Putting a rookie on AB (even though Humphry has played well enough) could be disastrous. But Brandon Williams is back, so while Bell will likely break a couple for nice gains, I don't think he will run roughshod over the Ravens D.

I know it's the primetime GOTW, but I still prefer meeting at 1:00.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    After this game with the Bengals and what is sure to be another battle of attrition with the Ravens, I am strongly penciling in the NE Patriots game as a loss - simply because they won't have enough healthy bodies.
    Only break the Steelers get is it will be the Pats third game in a row on the road with a short week after playing the Dolphins next Monday night

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    I know it's the primetime GOTW, but I still prefer meeting at 1:00.
    In addition to its many other failings, the league office screwed up the scheduling with 4 night games in a row - the Steelers are a popular team but NBC might be ready for a change after having the Steelers repeatedly since mid-November

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    i feel the same way. we absolutely have the talent to take it to them big time, but I doubt Shazier and Haden play, let alone play at their normal level.

however im really encouraged by the resolve of this team and if theres any steelers squad since the 2008 team that can beat the patriots in their own house (should that occasion arrive), i really do think its this one

that being said, i think the ravens will give us a much tougher game and Flacco will abuse whatever sorry excuse of a defensive formation that we try to make up for Shazier's absence.

28-20 steelers
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

line opened at 7, pretty shocking considering normally in these games home team by 3. They're both on winning streaks but in very different ways. Steelers have won last 3 on last drive of game against bad teams, Ravens have been shutting out teams and scoring some points. I quit betting on games years ago but I would not give Ravens that many points. Steelers 27-24.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    line opened at 7, pretty shocking considering normally in these games home team by 3. They're both on winning streaks but in very different ways. Steelers have won last 3 on last drive of game against bad teams, Ravens have been shutting out teams and scoring some points. I quit betting on games years ago but I would not give Ravens that many points. Steelers 27-24.
    The opening line at 7 was posted before the Monday night game was played. I agree it is still too high given the Steelers ILB and secondary issues along with Ju Ju's suspension having been upheld.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The opening line at 7 was posted before the Monday night game was played. I agree it is still too high given the Steelers ILB and secondary issues along with Ju Ju's suspension having been upheld.
    Juju's suspension was upheld? Didn't take long did it?

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Well the good news is this game matters little in the big picture, the Steelers can lose this and then beat the Pats to retain the tiebreaker over the Pats. I would rather win both, but we can afford to lose this and be ok

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Juju's suspension was upheld? Didn't take long did it?
    Did not even take until sundown - it was upheld this afternoon

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...smith-schuster

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Did not even take until sundown - it was upheld this afternoon

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...smith-schuster
    That probably went something like

Goodell: Appeal for the suspension of Juju Smith Shuster, SUSPENSION UPHELD!

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Well the good news is this game matters little in the big picture, the Steelers can lose this and then beat the Pats to retain the tiebreaker over the Pats. I would rather win both, but we can afford to lose this and be ok
    I felt the same about last night. As much as I enjoy a Steelers loss lol, a Bungles loss virtually eliminated Cincy from playoff competition, whereas had they won, the last game of the season may have been a lot more important than simply playing the role of a spoiler.

I think Pittsburgh should be favored, but I don’t see the 7 point line. 4-1/2 makes more sense to me.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I felt the same about last night. As much as I enjoy a Steelers loss lol, a Bungles loss virtually eliminated Cincy from playoff competition, whereas had they won, the last game of the season may have been a lot more important than simply playing the role of a spoiler.

I think Pittsburgh should be favored, but I don’t see the 7 point line. 4-1/2 makes more sense to me.
    4 1/2 is probably spot on

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

They might surprise us. We are the better team, but they know us very, very well. Our guys will need to be on point, and have shaken off the effects of that jungle rumble to get the W. Honestly we have skated too close to the line on too many games to feel in any way comfortable.

Dissolv

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I think you're right. Especially with the injuries that have suddenly decimated the team.

The Steelers will need to play very well to get a win in this matchup. The offense is going to have to put some points up on that terrific Ravens defense to win this one.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

These games usually are decided by a FG or less and records go out the window.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I don’t know how to post tweets, but the Ravens organization immediately wished Shazier a healthy recovery.

Hate’em for being our rival, but they’re a classy organization.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I don’t know how to post tweets, but the Ravens organization immediately wished Shazier a healthy recovery.

I think it was posted in the "Quick hits" thread but I agree. There's always a mutual respect w/them unlike other organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I think it was posted in the "Quick hits" thread but I agree. There's always a mutual respect w/them unlike other organizations.
    It's a "Love-Hate" relationship!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Accept when Bill Billick had his players urinate on our field.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

This game has me nervous...not as nervous as the Bengals though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I think every game has you nervous...

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I can't predict scores so I don't even try. But as far as the game....I think the Steeler's win this one. I just feel with Shazier being out and seriously injured and with JuJu out, our guys will have a BROTHERLY mental attitude that will rise to the occasion. And with being at HOME the crowd will be that much needed extra player to keep them motivated. Ben is much better than Flacco, and we all saw what he can do when coming from behind and when the game is on the line. Bell, Brown and Bryant will have attitude to unleash. And Boz......well, you know his handy work. I know with it being a rival and division game all facts/figures are thrown out the window. But I feel this game is going to be either a runaway or something like a 1 point win. GO STEELERS

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I think this game will be close...The ravens are much better that they were in week 4....

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Home game... more no-huddle... higher score. Still close though.

Ravens - 24
    Steelers - 31

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I'm pretty sure we lose either this one or the one @Houston. I had @Houston circled earlier because Watson would have shredded our D (look at what he did in Seattle to the Seahawks!), but with his injury not so sure.

But on the plus side, we can lose one of those games without any consequences, because if we beat them Taperiots we still get the #1 seed. And if we don't, we don't get the #1 seed.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Accept when Bill Billick had his players urinate on our field.
    Or when Ray Lewis concealed the identity of the murderers of 2 men in Atlanta. Other than that, all class.