Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 14:Baltimore Ravens(7-5)

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Week 14:Baltimore Ravens(7-5)

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I don’t know how to post tweets, but the Ravens organization immediately wished Shazier a healthy recovery.

Hate’em for being our rival, but they’re a classy organization.
    Ben agrees while also throwing shade at the Bengals

"In that one [with the Bengals], it feels like almost, just, you're out there to hit people, and we don't feel the same respect from them that Baltimore and we have," Roethlisberger said Wednesday. "I'm not really sure why."...

"The difference between this game and the Cincinnati game is these two teams -- us and Baltimore -- there's always a respect involved in it," Roethlisberger said. "You're going to get hit really hard or you're going to hit somebody really hard, but you're going to help them up and say, 'Man, nice job.'

"At the end of it, you're going to shake hands and give the other guy a hug and say that was a lot of fun and can't wait to do it next year. It's a fun rivalry in the sense that there's a lot of respect and there are two good football teams."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...innati-bengals

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Bryant and Rogers step it up this week

Steelers 34-23

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Or when Ray Lewis concealed the identity of the murderers of 2 men in Atlanta. Other than that, all class.
    Or the organization trying to cover for Ray rice after he hit his gf
    Or t sizzle pouring bleach on his gf
    Or the bounty on rashard mendenhall

Not as bad as cincy right now but not exactly saints in that organization or fan base either.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Or the organization trying to cover for Ray rice after he hit his gf
    Or t sizzle pouring bleach on his gf
    Or the bounty on rashard mendenhall

Not as bad as cincy right now but not exactly saints in that organization or fan base either.
    Thanks I forgot those.

Still, its like....."other than the John Wilkes Booth incident Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Ravens are in almost as bad a shape as we are at LB. Mosley and Smith were both non participants in practice today.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Ben Roethlisberger: 'Always a respect' for Steelers-Ravens rivalry

Jamison Hensley
    ESPN Staff Writer

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger says there is more of a mutual respect in the Pittsburgh Steelers' rivalry with the Baltimore Ravens than the one they have with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Roethlisberger's comments in a conference call with Baltimore reporters came two days after two players were disciplined for illegal hits made during Monday night's game between the Steelers and Bengals.

"In that one [with the Bengals], it feels like almost, just, you're out there to hit people, and we don't feel the same respect from them that Baltimore and we have," Roethlisberger said Wednesday."

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...innati-bengals

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Maybe ... but consider the possibility there are some good folks over there

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Or when Ray Lewis concealed the identity of the murderers of 2 men in Atlanta. Other than that, all class.
    The good ole days when they actually had no respect for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Maybe ... but consider the possibility there are some good folks over there

That was pretty on their part and props to them

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Interestingly, before the game, I had mentione to my mom how much I hate the Bengals. She replied by asking, “I thought you hated the Ravens the most???”

To which I explained:
    “The Ravens are our biggest rivals. They are the toughest matchup, but there is a respect factor there.”

My mom (like you) retorted: “What about Ray Lewis?”

I clarified: “Yes, the Ravens have employed a murderer, but their objective is always about winning. Whereas, the Bengals employ a couple of a$$hole thugs whose sole purpose is to injure.”

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Interestingly, before the game, I had mentione to my mom how much I hate the Bengals. She replied by asking, “I thought you hated the Ravens the most???”

To which I explained:
    “The Ravens are our biggest rivals. They are the toughest matchup, but there is a respect factor there.”

I clarified: “Yes, the Ravens have employed a murderer, but their objective is always about winning. Whereas, the Bengals employ a couple of a$$hole thugs whose sole purpose is to injure.”
    Do you actually communicate with you're family other then Steeler talk lol ?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Do you actually communicate with you're family other then Steeler talk lol ?
    We talk about TWD, as well.

We talk about TWD, as well.
    Haha good show and man you're family is going to be all mixed up this Sunday. Mid season finale of TWD & Steelers vs Ravens on at the same time!

To which I explained:

The Ravens haven't exactly been totally clean there either

(I know it's sucker punch but still)

And there's the aforementioned bounty on Mendenhall

Shows how low class the Bungals franchise is when the make the f-ing Ravens look classy in comparison.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Spence and Moats split reps at ILB today in practice. And with no other LB signings on the horizon, that means one James Henry Harrison Jr. will be active on Sunday against the Ravens.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/12...days-practice/

The sight on Deebo in pads and a helmet on the sideline might just help keep this game in line. I think Flacco started getting happy feet tonight. Reports out of Baltimore is that he immediately checked down to the RB after hearing the news.

The whole BS is James can't bring it anymore. He still has it but Watt has been doing good is why he hasn't been used. Time to Unleash hell now!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Anyone else less enthusiastic about this game than they'd usually be? I'm usually always fired up on Ravens week, but a little drained after the Shazier incident.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Anyone else less enthusiastic about this game than they'd usually be? I'm usually always fired up on Ravens week, but a little drained after the Shazier incident.
    Yes, the Shazier injury has put a little cloud over this week's game indeed. I may not watch this week, just not feeling it. It's Ravens week, and you're right, I don't much care.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

You better believe Shazier will be watching and cheering.......wherever it's from.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Yes, the Shazier injury has put a little cloud over this week's game indeed. I may not watch this week, just not feeling it. It's Ravens week, and you're right, I don't much care.
    Yeah I hear you man. It's like I don't care what happens right now, I just want to hear that Shazier is ok. Not even from a football standpoint, I just hope he can live a normal life beyond football at this point. If he can play, great, but I'm more concerned about his health.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    I think every game has you nervous...
    Lol. This is true...but sometimes it’s different and you can feel the loss coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Mentally, I'm not ready for the ravens game because of Shazier's injury.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Steelers currently favored by 5&1/2 - 6

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Any time we a favored by a lot we either lose or barely win.

Don't believe the betting line. This is going to be another ugly game.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post

To be honest I think they always start our lines high when we are favored, its the only way they can get anyone to bet the other side. I am not a gambler by any means so I'm no expert but If I was going to bet on the Steelers I would wait till the end of the week for the more accurate line. These games with Baltimore are always 3 pointers, I would never give up more than three unless they had a 3rd string QB playing. Even then I would be cautious. Well because you know, they are the Steelers and they seem to love to keep it interesting.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Looks like Moats will start at ILB next to VW

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post

Steelers never cover when they play a average team but Pats always do! What does this mean. There is money to be made beating both each week. Ps. I think Todd Haley has Vegas talking to him in his headphones each game.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

No way am I predicting score, but I do feel the Steeler's win this one and DIVISION ! I think due to Shazier's injury and JuJu's BS suspension the Steeler's will come out with an attitude to win for their Brother's. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    4 1/2 is probably spot on

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Vegas agrees as of Friday afternoon

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Line has dropped all week - at this point it probably will need to drop to 4 before Steelers $$$ reappear

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Looks like Moats will start at ILB next to VW
    Did you see that somewhere? I'm under the impression that Fort is going.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Did you see that somewhere? I'm under the impression that Fort is going.
    I heard the same about moats

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk