Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Balls

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Re: Game Balls

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    The 'other' announcer was crap...knew nothing at all. Puppet for Gruden.
    Sean McDonough... He's announced play by play for many sports, but I always associate him with Baseball like the other asshat Joe Buck.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Can't believe that Wilcox is not being listed as goat.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yup, but I think the blame is being deflected to Danny Smith. He is coaching heavy footed backup safeties to hold guys in the return game.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

On a promising note, I think we found a KR.....

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

That holding call on the Bryant return seemed pretty weak, but the officials looked like they enjoyed throwing the laundry around... and then kept it in their pocket on some other stuff. Not very consistent for them trying to "control" the game.

- - - Updated - - -

...And Rogers held on to those fair catches. Special "atta boy" award.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Agreed. At least he has the speed to be a threat.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Agreed. At least he has the speed to be a threat.
    Also agree, but for some reason I still found myself HOLDING my breath each time Roger's was reading to catch the ball.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    That holding call on the Bryant return seemed pretty weak, but the officials looked like they enjoyed throwing the laundry around... and then kept it in their pocket on some other stuff. Not very consistent for them trying to "control" the game.
    Agreed. It was a pretty weak penalty. Certainly nothing worth giving him the "goat" for.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

hes not a goat. he had 1 egregious hold. the "hold" on Bryant's Kick off return TD wasnt even remotely among the definitions of a hold, the defender fell into him in a weird way that made it seem like it to a bonehead ref.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

egregious or not, it cost them 7 points. Goat for me.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

egregious or not, it cost them 7 points. Goat for me.
    watch the play again. Wilcox did everything he can to get that guy away from him. The group refereeing last night was also the 2nd highest penalizing group in the league
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    The group refereeing last night was also the 2nd highest penalizing group in the league
    I heard that too. Bengals penalized 173 yards!!

watch the play again. Wilcox did everything he can to get that guy away from him. The group refereeing last night was also the 2nd highest penalizing group in the league
    He's still a bum and a waste of a pickup.

And if he didn't hold and he's not a goat than Bryant should get a game ball for the return TD.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I'm giving my game ball to JuJu because the NFL is a steaming pile of shit.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I agree...I loved the hit and burthdefect faked his injury. How ironic, should have knocked his gold grill out!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

How about Boz. Hasn’t missed a FG against the Bungles. 24 for 24. Impressive!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Yep, I think they said that refereeing group averaged 18 flags per game. Geesh.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    How about Boz. Hasn’t missed a FG against the Bungles. 24 for 24. Impressive!
    Because of Boswell's game winning field goal, I won $150 in our football pool at work last night. It's the second time I've won this season for a total of $300. I also won in Week 2. $48 for a block. I made out pretty good. My co-workers are mad at me, though. I hope I don't look like I give a shit.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

He's still a bum and a waste of a pickup.

And if he didn't hold and he's not a goat than Bryant should get a game ball for the return TD.
    Wilcox hooked the guy with his right arm and when he lost his balance, Wilcox still had a closed right hand on the gunners jersey, so that likely got him the call. He didn't move his feet and when the guy was off balance, he should have just finished the block rather than do what looked like was holding him up. Defensive guy that doesn't know how to block, but as a special teamer he should work on it more. It wasn't the worst hold I have seen, but I see how a ref could call it.