Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prayers thread for Ryan Shazier!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Prayers thread for Ryan Shazier!

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I don't know. Seems he didn't know about the injury and as soon as he did, apologized. Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.
    Unless your name is Clinton.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Prays thread for Ryan Shazier!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Prayers for Ryan Shazier.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

What happened to Ryan last night was a reminder to everyone that there are more important things in life than football.

Prayers to Ryan and his family.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Preliminary reports seem to be positive. Certainly looked very bad. Prayers to him for full recovery.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Also hearing some 'good' news so far coming from the reports this afternoon. Some say it's the same as T.Maddox had and he was out for only a week or so. Prayer's coming from our house to his for a fantastic recovery soon. Believe.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

NFL Network reporter Aditi Kinkhabwala shared a story on NFL Network earlier.

Here's the kind of man that Ryan Shazier is.

A TV executive in LA has a daughter that was recently diagnosed with alopecia, and called Ryan's agent coldly to ask if he would be willing to talk to her elementary school class because his daughter doesn't want to wear a wig anymore. Ryan got on a plane and did that for the girl.

Great stuff.

Kinkhabwala got very emotional just repeating the story explaining that the story is just one of the reasons why Ryan Shazier is thought of so highly in the Steelers building.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

^^^^ So in other words, a communication with nothing communicated.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    The hidden awesome in this photo is that unless Tomlin only wears one out-fit all the time (that may be the case...) all he did between the final whistle and this photo is go to the hospital.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The hidden awesome in this photo is that unless Tomlin only wears one out-fit all the time (that may be the case...) all he did between the final whistle and this photo is go to the hospital.
    He's like the girlfriend on Seinfeld that only wore the black and white dress.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    ^^^^ So in other words, a communication with nothing communicated.
    The health care providers are in a difficult position. As fans we obviously would like to know as much as possible about Ryan Shazier's current condition but the physicians are subject to HIPAA restrictions on disclosing medical information without the patient's consent. I assume the care providers have no interest in stressing Ryan Shazier and his parents with constant inquiries on what to announce to the media. As far as what Ryan Shazier and his family have authorized to be disclosed to the Steelers organization, my guess is the Steelers prefer any disclosures to come from the hospital or directly from Ryan Shazier at some point.

Of course the Ian Rapoports of the world will fill that gap by churning out speculative pieces about whether Ryan Shazier sustained a spinal concussion or a spinal contusion as well as whether or not he has increased movement in his legs

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I cant find it right now but i saw somewhere that based on the initial diagnosis and the optimistic progress that it could could just be a spinal contusion? Maddox had one that gave people a scare and only missed 1 game. Maybe I shouldnt say that to get peoples hopes up but i saw someone comment that on a facebook post with a link included so take it with a grain of salt
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Thanks for the tweet from Ryan Shazier

The treating physicians may not be disclosing much but the Browns team physician walks through recovery scenarios in the linked P-G article

“There have been players who came back within a week,” Robert Flannery, who has worked for two years with the Cleveland Browns and is an assistant professor in the division of sports medicine at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, said Tuesday. “But some have taken a couple of weeks or months.”...

Known medically as a “cervical cord neurapraxia,” a spinal cord concussion — more accurately a spinal cord “contusion” — is “basically a bruising of the spinal cord” that causes pressure in the spinal canal, Dr. Flannery said.
    The result is neurpraxia, or the temporary loss of proper nerve function that leads to loss of motor and/or sensory function, which is what appears to have happened to Mr. Shazier....

“The name cervical neurapraxia can be misleading because cervical means ‘neck.’ But [the injury] can occur anywhere along the spinal cord, as high as the neck, and down into the lumbar spine,” he said.
    Immediately after suffering the injury, Mr. Shazier reached for his lower back, which may indicate that the injury occurred in his lower back, or lumbar area....

There is no doubt that the results of such hits are “scary,” Dr. Flannery said.
    “But the good news is most of these tend to resolve themselves without any deficit” to the player physically, he said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201712050151

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Thanks for the tweet from Ryan Shazier

The treating physicians may not be disclosing much but the Browns team physician walks through recovery scenarios in the linked P-G article

“There have been players who came back within a week,” Robert Flannery, who has worked for two years with the Cleveland Browns and is an assistant professor in the division of sports medicine at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, said Tuesday. “But some have taken a couple of weeks or months.”...

Known medically as a “cervical cord neurapraxia,” a spinal cord concussion — more accurately a spinal cord “contusion” — is “basically a bruising of the spinal cord” that causes pressure in the spinal canal, Dr. Flannery said.
    The result is neurpraxia, or the temporary loss of proper nerve function that leads to loss of motor and/or sensory function, which is what appears to have happened to Mr. Shazier....

“The name cervical neurapraxia can be misleading because cervical means ‘neck.’ But [the injury] can occur anywhere along the spinal cord, as high as the neck, and down into the lumbar spine,” he said.
    Immediately after suffering the injury, Mr. Shazier reached for his lower back, which may indicate that the injury occurred in his lower back, or lumbar area....

There is no doubt that the results of such hits are “scary,” Dr. Flannery said.
    “But the good news is most of these tend to resolve themselves without any deficit” to the player physically, he said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201712050151
    reading that and thinking back to how I felt right after the hit, it almost seems like a miracle. Im sure most of us thought his career done and life how he knew it was over.So happy for that kid.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Yep, they serve as his PJs also.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Yep, they serve as his PJs also.
    I actually wouldn't be shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...n-all-too-well

Former Steelers quarterback Tommy Maddox knows Ryan Shazier's situation all too well

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They all wear Shazier jerseys when they arrive in Minnesota...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

All prayer's and thoughts from our household to you Ryan and your household. You are in the BEST OF HANDS...GOD and the surgeons.....keep faith. You are a strong man, I have faith you'll have a full recovery !

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I pray everyday for complete recovery for Ryan. I can't believe this happened to one of our own beloved players. #shalieve

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I pray everyday for complete recovery for Ryan. I can't believe this happened to one of our own beloved players. #shalieve

Thank you for posting.

Just ordered and proceeds go to 2 charities.