Thread: One Game Suspension For Gronk

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

One Game Suspension For Gronk

This seems about right - no way a 2 game suspension to keep him out for the Steelers game would not have been reduced

New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has been suspended one game by the NFL without pay for his late hit on defenseless Buffalo Bills cornerback Tre'Davious White in Sunday's 23-3 victory.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-game-late-hit

Not ejecting Gronk from the game is yet another example of how random the officiating has become - we can count on several major screwups in the playoffs

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: One Game Suspension For Gronk

It's a good thing, since I want to beat the Pats at full strength...I want no excuse.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It's a good thing, since I want to beat the Pats at full strength...I want no excuse.
    Fuck that - let them have 20 guys with broken ankles going into the game. As long as they lose, they can have all the excuses they want.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

If he commits another similar PF he should get 4 games next.
    All Defense!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Guys got suspended one game for late hits . This was an intentional late flagrant attempt to injure. Should be two games or more. I hope someone returns the favor to him. Screw him and his cheating ass team

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Back in time to play the Steelers how convenient?

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

do you guys still seriously think the NFL Illuminati are against the Steelers?
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

That's a fact when you play better QBs you have to disrupt some timing

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    do you guys still seriously think the NFL Illuminati are against the Steelers?
    Ask me after the league decides what to do about JuJu - if Gronk only got one game for his assault it will be hard for the league to do anything other than fine JuJu for his hit on Burfict

But given the reactions to last night's game I expect the league to play PR by suspending JuJu too

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Guys got suspended one game for late hits . This was an intentional late flagrant attempt to injure. Should be two games or more. I hope someone returns the favor to him. Screw him and his cheating ass team

Not only being obviously late, defenseless player and such, but he puts his Barry Bonds protective elbow into the back of dude's head like something out of WWE. Makes it more egregious, imo... don't even know why he's gonna appeal, but he will.

Which, when he loses, he should get another game just for thinking it was worthy of the appeal system.

What they should do is ban him from wearing any braces when he returns

Merry Christmas

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Ask me after the league decides what to do about JuJu - if Gronk only got one game for his assault it will be hard for the league to do anything other than fine JuJu for his hit on Burfict

But given the reactions to last night's game I expect the league to play PR by suspending JuJu too
    The NFL has absolutely no grounds to suspend JuJu for that hit. Crackback blocks happen every week in the NFL and there isn't a single player who's ever been suspended for it. JuJu has no prior history so all of this talk about a possible suspension is just pure bullshit.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    The NFL has absolutely no grounds to suspend JuJu for that hit. Crackback blocks happen every week in the NFL and there isn't a single player who's ever been suspended for it. JuJu has no prior history so all of this talk about a possible suspension is just pure bullshit.
    I agree with you but given my cynical view of the league office i am not the least bit surprised JuJu was suspended - maybe he would have received more lenient treatment if he was more similar to Gronk - if there is a way to fuck up a disciplinary action the NFL finds a way to do it

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Well...guess there’s always a first...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Well...guess there’s always a first...
    It's what happens when the NFL is allowed to do whatever the hell they want. That would never have happened in a real court where there's actual law.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

It's what happens when the NFL is allowed to do whatever the hell they want. That would never have happened in a real court where there's actual law.
    Thank the NFLPA - it would not happen in major league baseball or the NBA, in which the players are represented by a real collective bargaining rep, either.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Which could arguably be a harder hit than what JuJu did to Burfict. Did JuJu launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Which could arguably be a harder hit than what JuJu did to Burfict. Did JuJu launch?
    Monkey dart decisions

JuJu was standing flat footed and hit Burfict in the chest. Iloka launched right into AB's helmet.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Once again the NFL office has no clue about these issues I can't understand the hit on Brown by Iloka got reversed. Then JuJu if anything maybe should be a fine.