Thread: Brown's Injury

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Brown's Injury

Is AB going to play? If not, how does this affect the outcome? The extra day and a half helps but I'm not sure how serious the toe injury is. Anyone have the inside info?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Brown's Injury

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Is AB going to play? If not, how does this affect the outcome? The extra day and a half helps but I'm not sure how serious the toe injury is. Anyone have the inside info?
    Steelers following the standard NFL policy of not giving up much information

Brown got treatment Friday morning. A source told ESPN on Friday that the injury was considered minor entering the Pittsburgh Steelers' game against the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday night, but Brown is officially listed as questionable.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...riday-practice

Usual chatter from the players about injuries

“I’m banking on him being there,” receiver Martavis Bryant said. “We’ll see what happens....

“If he’s not playing we have to go out there and hold the standard,” center Maurkice Pouncey said. “We have to go out there and ball for our brother and make whenever he’s back we’re right on point. Guys in the NFL get hurt. If he doesn’t play we have to find ways to win the football game. The next guy has to get in there and play as good, if not better. It’s simple. This is football. We’re not going to change our offense.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201712020136

We all know the standard is the standard, but I do not share Pouncey's view that AB not playing will not change the offense - Bengals will go all out to stop Bell and the question will be if Bryant or JuJu can win without the standard rotation of the pass coverage to try to shut down AB

Toe injuries are nothing to mess around with - for a precise route runner like AB not being able to push off on his big toe is a big deal - do not want to aggravate it and have it be a probem in January

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Turf toe ended Jack Lambert's career.
    All Defense!

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Turf toe ended Jack Lambert's career.
    my 1st thought

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Wow, first I heard of this but ... 90 percent of the time "questionable" means "not playing." That sucks.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Really don't want to mess around with this injury, but not having AB will be really tough for this team to win

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

As I said in the other thread, toe injuries can be bad news.

Rest him. We can lose this upcoming game, and if we beat the Taperiots, we’ll still be the #1 seed. Plus, we “might” beat the Bengals without AB, but I highly doubt that we beat the Taperiots without him. So, again, rest him and let him be healthy for Dec 17th.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

As I said before, if one of our WR's go down we'll be thankful we have Bryant. There is no reason why the Steelers shouldn't beat the Bengals or Pats even without Brown. Look at what Brady has been winning with. I think Brown will be fine. Probably did it on that amazing catch on the sideline.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/12...toe-instagram/

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Amputate and put a bandaid on it. That's what Ronnie Lott would do.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Finally, the voice of reason!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Exactly!

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bryant will stay in his spot and JuJu/DHB/Rogers will take Brown’s spot.

Just don’t want to see him get any worse so if he has to sit a couple/few games...so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

BostonBlackie

Deion Sanders surgically repaired turf toe:

https://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta...on-sanders-toe

The initial report was that it was minor so it seems all are assuming it's more than that. Does anyone have an update to that effect?

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I would imagine Rex Ryan has a few ideas on how to rehab turf toe...

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBlackie View Post
    Deion Sanders surgically repaired turf toe:

https://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta...on-sanders-toe
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Dulac tweeted game time decision.

BostonBlackie

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I would imagine Rex Ryan has a few ideas on how to rehab turf toe...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Old School Awesome post of the day!

- - - Updated - - -

Finally, the voice of reason!
    True dat!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Exactly!

Boo-Ya! There it is, video evidence of what tough really is!

possibly the 3 greatest posts in a row that I can recall in a long time. guys like Lambert or Chuck Bednarik would approve.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

ESPN pregame showed Brown jogging through cuts

Susie Kolber said Brown clearly favoring foot - Randy Moss said Brown will play

I say rest it

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    ESPN pregame showed Brown jogging through cuts

Susie Kolber said Brown clearly favoring foot - Randy Moss said Brown will play

I say rest it
    Saw that. He's going. Warriors don't have the mentality of resting when they can at all go. Resting is fan speak.

Who knows more about playing WR... Susie or Randy Moss????

Saw that. He's going. Warriors don't have the mentality of resting when they can at all go. Resting is fan speak.
    Agreed that is any player’s mentality - that is what coaches are for to look for the long term gain - but good luck having Tomlin rein in AB

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

If he can play he should play.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

This injury worries me.. he might be a decoy tonight

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I know the toe looked very swollen in the tweet, and had some pain associated, but does anyone else think he took a page out of the Roethlisberger Drama Queen book and played it up for a little rope-a-dope style act in pregame?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    I know the toe looked very swollen in the tweet, and had some pain associated, but does anyone else think he took a page out of the Roethlisberger Drama Queen book and played it up for a little rope-a-dope style act in pregame?
    More likely he took a prescription out of the same medicine cabinet with an injection (Toradol?) of whatever Ben was given for his injured shoulder in the Denver playoff game two seasons ago

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    More likely he took a prescription out of the same medicine cabinet with an injection (Toradol?) of whatever Ben was given for his injured shoulder in the Denver playoff game two seasons ago
    No doubt he was "medicated". I'm just tongue in cheek saying he maybe played it up a little more in pre-game... Either way, I think Tomlin should shorten some of the review/Raven's prep/walk through so these guys can get some extra treatment time. May even move the meetings into that area so guys can sit in the ice tubs.