Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eli Manning benched. Geno Smith starts Sunday.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Re: Eli Manning benched. Geno Smith starts Sunday.

I kind of don't feel bad for Eli. I remember the night he was drafted. By the Chargers. Karma's a bitch.

He will be alright. I'm sure his daddy will come to the rescue. Again.

See what happens? And some wanted Ben benched.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Raidah nation must have had a group orgasm.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Eli was on teams that won 2 Super Bowls and was the QB of a team that was able to beat the Patriots twice in the playoffs - only QB from the class of 2004 who can claim both of those accomplishments.

He took heat for it at the time, but forcing the Chargers to send him to the Giants was a brilliant career move. Anytime a player like Eli or Elway (who avoided going to the Colts) is able to use leverage to advance their interests in a NFL system that is so weighted in favor of the owners I applaud it.

Eli has been a class act throughout his time with the Giants with no hint of off the field misconduct.. Not letting him play out a lost season is shabby treatment by McAdoo, who would not have been promoted from Giants assistant to head coach if Eli had not recommended he get the job.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Eli was on teams that won 2 Super Bowls and was the QB of a team that was able to beat the Patriots twice in the playoffs - only QB from the class of 2004 who can claim both of those accomplishments.

He took heat for it at the time, but forcing the Chargers to send him to the Giants was a brilliant career move. Anytime a player like Eli or Elway (who avoided going to the Colts) is able to use leverage to advance their interests in a NFL system that is so weighted in favor of the owners I applaud it.

Eli has been a class act throughout his time with the Giants with no hint of off the field misconduct.. Not letting him play out a lost season is shabby treatment by McAdoo, who would not have been promoted from Giants assistant to head coach if Eli had not recommended he get the job.
    I agree. Ive never really been a huge fan of his but was impressed watching interview. He was honest , emotional, and actually answered the questions. Had the integrity to not want streak to keep going if it was forced. Its not like he is done, Eli is not the problem. Loyalty is not even in the dictionary these days , it has truly become a disposable society.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    I kind of don't feel bad for Eli. I remember the night he was drafted. By the Chargers. Karma's a bitch.

some wanted Ben benched? I have never read that. Anyone wanting Ben benched for Landry Jones should be banned from watching football, and have to become a Browns fan. Im all for venting and criticizing Ben for his meat head mistakes, thats why we go to forums but no sane person would want him benched.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I would LOVE to see Manning go to Jax and give that team a 'real' QB next season.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I would LOVE to see Manning go to Jax and give that team a 'real' QB next season.
    Why the heck would you want that? We already can't beat Jacksonville.
    Keep him in the NFC!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Keep him in the NFC!
    Look at it from a pure football POV. All the things in place there and finally get a true QB would be spectacular to watch. I don't think there's any real danger of that though, Eli is 37. And from a Steelers fan POV, would you rather meet him in a SB?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I wouldn’t...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

No no no... Keep him in the NFC

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Keep him in the NFC!
    Agreed. I don't want to see Jacksonville get any better.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

I remember Ben on draft night, asking Eli if he could have Eli's candies, since Eli wouldn't be in the room long enough to eat his.

Not sure who that was. My thread on the topic was asking a question, not demanding be benched.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Not sure who that was. My thread on the topic was asking a question, not demanding be benched.
    Nah, I can already guess it was the Colts gameday thread (1st half). I don't even have to look.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Eli should go to the Cardinals.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    some wanted Ben benched? I have never read that. Anyone wanting Ben benched for Landry Jones should be banned from watching football, and have to become a Browns fan. Im all for venting and criticizing Ben for his meat head mistakes, thats why we go to forums but no sane person would want him benched.
    You must not have had your reading glasses on that day.

Yes, there was an entire thread under "Steelers Talk" that someone posted regarding benching Ben. It was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on this board.

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...ighlight=Bench

There was also this post from the Administrator which verifies it...

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Not so far-fetched considering there were people right here earlier in the season (and particularly after he had the worst game of his career against Jacksonville) who were calling for Dobbs/Jones to start in Roethlisberger's place.

You must not have had your reading glasses on that day.

Yes, there was an entire thread under "Steelers Talk" that someone posted regarding benching Ben. It was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on this board.

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...ighlight=Bench
    This is the first time I read this thread, so much overreaction in this thread and some thought our season was over after the game against the Jaguars .... They have short memory since last year the steelers were in the AFC title game after being 4-5 ....

For Ben, his start to the season was a bit worrisome, especially with the game against the jaguars but Roethlisberger has never given up in his career, why would Ben give up now?

Not because a player thinks about retirement means that his heart is no longer there

@Lady Steel

Seeing as that was my thread, I guess your talking about me. However, let me repost it here as it seems some things were glossed over.

t was a spur of the moment thought. One of those thoughts a person has and quickly dismisses as random and coming from nowhere like when you're laying in bed at night almost asleep and the thought of your naked Grandmother riding bareback across the plains while the West was being won shoots through your head. It's a thought you immediately dismiss and never want to have again. But, unfortunately, this time the thought lingered a little longer.

Now, I know, who would we put in? Landry Jones? We're admitting defeat if we do that. Dobbs? He might have a future in the NFL, but not if we throw him to the wolves his rookie year. He is not Ben R. a la 1994. So, I'd rather stay with a struggling Ben. However, it is difficult to shake the unsettling feeling that not only did that stray thought cross my mind, but it had a legitimate reason to do so.
    1. Stray thought.
    2. No legitimate QB to turn to.
    3. Rather stay with a struggling Ben.

I guess those things were missed.

@Lady Steel

Seeing as that was my thread, I guess your talking about me. However, let me repost it here as it seems some things were glossed over.

1. Stray thought.

looks like she would be a perfect reporter for CNN, or CNBC.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

@Lady Steel

1. Stray thought.

Watch yourself. I don't miss much, and I surely didn't miss this...

However, it is difficult to shake the unsettling feeling that not only did that stray thought cross my mind, but it had a legitimate reason to do so.

I've never had that "stray thought" because, ultimately, I believe in this team and in Big Ben.

You may think that stray thought had a legitimate reason to cross your mind, but I didn't. You don't bench a 2-time Super Bowl winning quarterback for having one bad game. See Eli Manning.

With that being said, you were the person who started the thread. Maybe some of your thoughts are better left unsaid if you don't want called out on them. There were others who also posted in it who believed Ben should have been benched. AND, in my opinion, it was ridiculous. I don't feel guilty, but you probably should. It sure does seem to bother you. And well it should.

Considering you don't even know what's being posted on this board...

I posted the thread for you, as well as the Administrator's post which verified posts were made saying Ben should be benched because you said you never saw them and so you would be informed. I noticed you didn't say anything about the Administrator's post, who just so happens to be a male, as well as the, um, Administrator of the board. Discriminate much?

On ignore you go.