Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning benched. Geno Smith starts Sunday.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Eli Manning benched. Geno Smith starts Sunday.

Re: Eli Manning benched. Geno Smith starts Sunday.

Eli does not deserve that....Eli has no receivers,o-line and running game this year(and when the last time Eli had a good running game?...2008?) and I think Manning can still help a team

I think the jaguars would be a super bowl contender if Eli would be their QB right now....By the way I think Manning could be a jaguar next year because of Tom Coughlin.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Eli does not deserve that....Eli has no receivers,o-line and running game this year(and when the last time Eli had a good running game?...2008?) and I think Manning can still help a team

I think the jaguars would be a super bowl contender if Eli would be their QB right now....By the way I think Manning could be a jaguar next year because of Tom Coughlin.
    I completely agree with you PB. This is a cop-out by the coaches trying to save their collective butts.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So theGiants just hit rock bottom with a pretty loud thud...lol.

Anyone hear the interview with McAdoo? Guy said he’s confident they can put a game plan together for Geno to succeed...lol. Where was it for Eli???

Then McAdoo wanted to start Eli for a series or two to keep the streak alive and Eli had the balls to tell the Giants to either go with him while game or bench him. Good for Eli and not tarnishing his streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

McAdoo and Reese are throwing Eli under the bus to divert attention from their own incompetence.

They want to evaluate for the future.....McAdoo's future is definitely not in NY......Reese's is 50/50.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

What a bunch of cowards and frauds. They should run for Congress.

If you are going to start anyone in place of Eli, gotta go with Webb and see if he is the next Qb building block for your franchise. Geno Smith? C'mon!

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    McAdoo and Reese are throwing Eli under the bus to divert attention from their own incompetence.

They want to evaluate for the future.....McAdoo's future is definitely not in NY......Reese's is 50/50.
    Reese deserve to be fired too and I think he going to be fired.

Even with injuries, the giants lack a lot of talent in the few last years, especially in offense with the exception of OBJ.Their defense have not been good too in the last 5 years except for last year....Time for a new GM!

- - - Updated - - -

In other news,with more of 1000 yards for the rest of the season for Roethlisberger, he will surpass Eli in yards for the career!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_yds_career.htm

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Did Jimmy Haslem buy a stake in the Giants?

Geno Smith

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Perhaps a Jag... or perhaps follows in big brother's footsteps and goes to the Broncos.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Perhaps a Jag... or perhaps follows in big brother's footsteps and goes to the Broncos.
    Heard that rumor on the radio. Reunite w/Coughlin

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Who'd want him as a Steeler if Ben retired? Me? I would for sure. He's still got 3 years left, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Who'd want him as a Steeler if Ben retired? Me? I would for sure. He's still got 3 years left, I'd say.
    agreed

Tom Coughlin 'very upset' over Eli Manning's benching

The stunning benching of Eli Manning in New York has former teammates up in arms and local talk radio questioning everything about the team's decision.

The same applies to Eli's old Giants coach.

Tom Coughlin took to the airwaves in Jacksonville to critique Big Blue's demotion of the ironman quarterback who started 210 straight games for New York.

"Surprised is not the word," Coughlin, the executive VP of football operations for the Jaguars, told WJXL-AM. "My sentiments are totally with Eli Manning. I love the kid. He is a class act. He is a two-time Super Bowl champion. He is the finest, most humblest young man in that locker room."

Said Coughlin: "I haven't followed the Giants. I know it's a disappointing year, but my thoughts are strictly with Eli. I was very upset ... when I heard that."

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nings-benching

Warner on Eli Manning benching: 'Shame on the Giants'

Eli Manning's benching sent shockwaves across the football world Tuesday. The Giants quarterback, who had started 210 consecutive regular-season games, has not missed a game since 2004 when he replaced then-New York QB Kurt Warner.

Warner said Tuesday that the Giants mishandled the end of the Manning era.

"This is so much bigger than Eli Manning," Warner explained on NFL Network's Up To the Minute Live. "This is about an entire organization that has gone sideways, and if you got one guy that represents what this organization has been about and the character and the success of this organization it's that guy who has been under center in Eli Manning. He's never done anything but show character and do things the right way. Kudos to him for saying, 'If you're just starting me for this streak, forget it. I want to compete. I want to play football, that's why I'm here.'

"To me, shame on the Giants. This is one of those things to me that you need to start Eli with the idea of we're going to try to win every game. If it gets sideways, then maybe you go to the young guys but this isn't something where you go to Eli and say we're definitely going to play these other guys. This guy has earned the right to compete every game that he's there in my opinion because it's not just him. If it was just Eli Manning, and he wasn't playing well and the rest of the team was there, I'd understand making the change. This is so much better than that. To me it's amazing it has come to this for a guy who has really been a model for that organization. ... I'm just disappointed that it came to this."

Warner was the last quarterback to start a game for the Giants not named Eli Manning. However, unlike Manning, Warner was not the established franchise quarterback at the time of his benching in the middle of 2004; Manning had been drafted to supplant the former Super Bowl MVP and did so. Eli in 2017, meanwhile, is being benched for Geno Smith, a former Jets quarterback who will not be the franchise quarterback going forward, and Davis Webb, an unproven rookie with zero career snaps.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-on-the-giants

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I agree with Warner, “Shame on the Giants”. I thought they were a classier organization than that.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

[twitter]935658468509351936[/twitter]

[twitter]935627919157800961[/twitter]

Lol...Giants tweet this?

[twitter]935615624964911109[/twitter]

Tom Coughlin 'very upset' over Eli Manning's benching

The stunning benching of Eli Manning in New York has former teammates up in arms and local talk radio questioning everything about the team's decision.

The same applies to Eli's old Giants coach.

Tom Coughlin took to the airwaves in Jacksonville to critique Big Blue's demotion of the ironman quarterback who started 210 straight games for New York.

"Surprised is not the word," Coughlin, the executive VP of football operations for the Jaguars, told WJXL-AM. "My sentiments are totally with Eli Manning. I love the kid. He is a class act. He is a two-time Super Bowl champion. He is the finest, most humblest young man in that locker room."

Said Coughlin: "I haven't followed the Giants. I know it's a disappointing year, but my thoughts are strictly with Eli. I was very upset ... when I heard that."

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nings-benching

Warner on Eli Manning benching: 'Shame on the Giants'

Eli Manning's benching sent shockwaves across the football world Tuesday. The Giants quarterback, who had started 210 consecutive regular-season games, has not missed a game since 2004 when he replaced then-New York QB Kurt Warner.

Warner said Tuesday that the Giants mishandled the end of the Manning era.

"This is so much bigger than Eli Manning," Warner explained on NFL Network's Up To the Minute Live. "This is about an entire organization that has gone sideways, and if you got one guy that represents what this organization has been about and the character and the success of this organization it's that guy who has been under center in Eli Manning. He's never done anything but show character and do things the right way. Kudos to him for saying, 'If you're just starting me for this streak, forget it. I want to compete. I want to play football, that's why I'm here.'

"To me, shame on the Giants. This is one of those things to me that you need to start Eli with the idea of we're going to try to win every game. If it gets sideways, then maybe you go to the young guys but this isn't something where you go to Eli and say we're definitely going to play these other guys. This guy has earned the right to compete every game that he's there in my opinion because it's not just him. If it was just Eli Manning, and he wasn't playing well and the rest of the team was there, I'd understand making the change. This is so much better than that. To me it's amazing it has come to this for a guy who has really been a model for that organization. ... I'm just disappointed that it came to this."

Warner was the last quarterback to start a game for the Giants not named Eli Manning. However, unlike Manning, Warner was not the established franchise quarterback at the time of his benching in the middle of 2004; Manning had been drafted to supplant the former Super Bowl MVP and did so. Eli in 2017, meanwhile, is being benched for Geno Smith, a former Jets quarterback who will not be the franchise quarterback going forward, and Davis Webb, an unproven rookie with zero career snaps.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-on-the-giants
    Coughlin and now Eli lose jobs before Reese does...lol. Ummmmm okay.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I agree that Eli shouldn't have been benched but there's no way that I'd want the Steelers to sign him. Have you watched him play this year? He's been really bad.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Ereck Flowers is one of your starting tackles on an o-line consisting of a bunch of traffic cones, Almost all of your receivers worth a damn got injured, your RBs are a whose who of no names, yeah Geno Smith is the answer

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Geno Smith? LMAO! I think the move out of NY will do wonders for Manning. Wish him all the best.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Eli deserves better.

As a business move, trying to see what you have in Geno... eh... it kind of makes sense.

But, the cost is that you’ve burned a bridge with the face of your franchise. Plus, looking long-term, free agents and/or your own players will never trust the front office of the Giants. Money still rules (for free agents), but if the money is equal, this debacle could sway a player to sign elsewhere.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I agree that Eli shouldn't have been benched but there's no way that I'd want the Steelers to sign him. Have you watched him play this year? He's been really bad.
    No line, no receivers, and no running game. Brady would look bad too, especially with McAdoo as a coach.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    No line, no receivers, and no running game. Brady would look bad too, especially with McAdoo as a coach.
    Have you watched any of their games? I have and he looks bad. You can't put all of that on the players around him.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Giants legitimately may not win another game with Geno Smith starting. That offense legitimately may not average 10 ppg with Geno starting. Geno's awful

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Have you watched any of their games? I have and he looks bad. You can't put all of that on the players around him.
    Ben has looked bad in quite a few games this year too with way more weapons around him. He’s still a top 12 QB in a good situation.