Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Week 13(MNF):Cincinnati Bengals(5-6)

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 13(MNF):Cincinnati Bengals(5-6)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    I know the steelers did not win a super bowl between Bradshaw and Roethlisberger, but at least they were in the AFC title game 5 times and Cowher was a very good coach in his first 12 years with 7 playoffs win and 4 AFC title games.

How many playoff win have the Bengals since 1990?

Ben and Bradshaw deserve a lot of credit for the success of the steelers, but they were not alone and the steelers have never as bad as the Bengals was in the 1990's when they did not have Ben and Terry.

Also,Dalton was not the reason why the Bengals have loss yesterday....

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Barring a complete collapse and/or a rash of devastating injuries, I honestly don't see how we don't win the AFCN at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    This would be the scenario

If the Ravens beat the Steelers next Sunday night they probably will win out and finish 11-5 (other three games are @Browns, Colts and Bengals)

Loss to Ravens, Pats and someone else by the Steelers would result in tie at 11-5

If that third loss is to the Bengals, then Steelers would lose division based on Ravens having better record within division (5-1 over 4-2)

Steelers need to take care of business next Sunday night to snuff that possibility - but FWIW Ravens looking like they will at least get a wildcard
    Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Always the worst case scenario in this forum!!!!

The steelers can win the division with a win vs Ravens on sunday.
    It was a legitimate observation, not a prediction, in response to a post as to how it was highly unlikely the Steelers would not win the AFC North

A lot easier to throw rocks at it after the win rather than around the time it was posted or at the end of the first half last night

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    He is such an ass.

For example...
    The AFC Central in the 80s was as tough as can be. The Bengals went to the SuperBowl twice, and the Browns were two plays away from going twice, as well. Yet, he slams the Steelers for not going to the playoffs in those years.

The dude has a serious, serious hard on for the Steelers, specifically the Rooneys... and, he absolutely hates Tomlin.

The classic move of Cowherd making comments about Tomlin's team not being ready to play after Shazier was severely injured......and claiming to not know about it are vintage Cowturd.

He watches sports for a living. The only game on in primetime in the most popular sport in the country....and he claims he tuned in late.

That leaves two possibilities:

1. He tuned in late. Despite not actually seeing any of the game, he makes public comments ripping the coach about the team not being prepared because he thought he could get away with being derelict in his duties of actually watching the game he is commenting on. When someone told him what happened to Shazier, he claimed he didn't see the beginning and apologized. This means he is a complete phony and that he makes up whatever shit he feels like saying to attract attention to himself and piss everyone off.

or,

2. He actually saw the injury to Shazier, and made the comments anyway. When he got called on it by someone, he backtracked and used the excuse of not watching the beginning of the game. A complete shithead.

They are the only two choices. I know...I'm stating the obvious, but when you actually write it down it makes his actions seem even shitier.

Then, after the comments ripping Tomlin, he makes the comments above that "There was never a minute late in that game I thought Pittsburgh was in trouble."

He is the ultimate douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    It was a legitimate observation, not a prediction, in response to a post as to how it was highly unlikely the Steelers would not win the AFC North

A lot easier to throw rocks at it after the win rather than around the time it was posted or at the end of the first half last night

Fansince76 was right....Even before yesterday, it would take a big collapse for the steelers to not win the AFC north

I know it was not your prediction, but I'm glad the steelers have a 3-game lead in the division, especially that in the last few years, it's not always been easy for them to make the playoffs and now they're in a very good spot in the standing to have a playoffs bye!

Also, I'm a little tired of seeing some always think that the worst case scenario is likely to happen with the steelers .... the steelers deserve to have the confidence of us, especially for stop thinking about the worst case scenario everytime!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Imagine being a Bengals fan and knowing that when Dalton had the ball at the end of the 4th that he wasn't going to convert. This team may have close calls but they are teaching me that they have a resolve to fight and pull it out. That may be useful down the stretch.

Skip Bayless > Colin Cowherd...and I hate Skip Bayless!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Skip Bayless > Colin Cowherd...and I hate Skip Bayless!
    Yeah, that is close. Skip Bayless published rumors that Troy Aikman was gay(falsely), while Cowturd trolls teams on twitter, while a player of theirs has a form of spinal paralysis. Both are pretty much the substance that our vet squeezes out of dogs anal glands.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yeah, that is close. Skip Bayless published rumors that Troy Aikman was gay(falsely), while Cowturd trolls teams on twitter, while a player of theirs has a form of spinal paralysis. Both are pretty much the substance that our vet squeezes out of dogs anal glands.

Anal sack fluid. I like it.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Fansince76 was right....Even before yesterday, it would take a big collapse for the steelers to not win the AFC north

I know it was not your prediction, but I'm glad the steelers have a 3-game lead in the division, especially that in the last few years, it's not always been easy for them to make the playoffs and now they're in a very good spot in the standing to have a playoffs bye!

Also, I'm a little tired of seeing some always think that the worst case scenario is likely to happen with the steelers .... the steelers deserve to have the confidence of us, especially for stop thinking about the worst case scenario everytime!
    I did not say it was likely to happen - sorry I apparently am not a good fan by your standards by actually thinking of possibilities other than constantly winning in response to a post

I will reserve comment on the types of posts I am a little tired of

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Imagine being a Bengals fan and knowing that when Dalton had the ball at the end of the 4th that he wasn't going to convert. This team may have close calls but they are teaching me that they have a resolve to fight and pull it out. That may be useful down the stretch.
    Bengals will always be losers. I got suspended at the Bengal Board simply for being a Steelers fan.

Your forum account is currently banned. Ban Reason: Continuing to post in Jungle Noise, as a Steelers fan, after receiving two warnings not to do so.
    Ban will be lifted: Never
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    My wife is a vet and she approves of that comment!

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Bengals will always be losers. I got suspended at the Bengal Board simply for being a Steelers fan.

Your forum account is currently banned. Ban Reason: Continuing to post in Jungle Noise, as a Steelers fan, after receiving two warnings not to do so.
    How does Marvin Lewis have a job? Steelers fans have so much to be thankful for. I get pissed at Tomlin for challenging a BS call last night, but I have to look back and laugh. If thats all I have to get pissed about I would hate to put my foot in the shoes of Bengals or Browns fans.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    My wife is a vet and she approves of that comment!
    Happy its Dr approved. BTW, I know some vets and techs and the whole process of breeding dogs seems to be... awkward.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Spot on post. (I truncated it.)

Either he’s commenting on Steelers games without even watching them OR he is a heartless bastard who trolls a team whose player just had a life-altering injury.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    The classic move of Cowherd making comments about Tomlin's team not being ready to play after Shazier was severely injured......and claiming to not know about it are vintage Cowturd.

He watches sports for a living. The only game on in primetime in the most popular sport in the country....and he claims he tuned in late.

That leaves two possibilities:

1. He tuned in late. Despite not actually seeing any of the game, he makes public comments ripping the coach about the team not being prepared because he thought he could get away with being derelict in his duties of actually watching the game he is commenting on. When someone told him what happened to Shazier, he claimed he didn't see the beginning and apologized. This means he is a complete phony and that he makes up whatever shit he feels like saying to attract attention to himself and piss everyone off.

or,

2. He actually saw the injury to Shazier, and made the comments anyway. When he got called on it by someone, he backtracked and used the excuse of not watching the beginning of the game. A complete shithead.

They are the only two choices. I know...I'm stating the obvious, but when you actually write it down it makes his actions seem even shitier.

Then, after the comments ripping Tomlin, he makes the comments above that "There was never a minute late in that game I thought Pittsburgh was in trouble."

He's such a hypocrite. I responded to his tweet about our team not being ready to play by telling him he has issues and should get help.

I agree the Debbie Downers are a bore. I'll admit I fall a "bit" () on the homerish side, but there are some "fans" who have absolutely no faith in our team. Those so called fans should probably look elsewhere. Presenting different scenarios or opposing views for thoughtful discussions is great. If we all agreed on everything, we wouldn't have any fun. However, it's an entirely different thing if someone is nothing but a Negative Nancy. No one wants that.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post

I can't believe they don't allow fans from other teams to post. I always thought that was a stupid rule on some forums. As long as opposing fans are respectful, I don't see a problem with them participating in good football discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    How does Marvin Lewis have a job? Steelers fans have so much to be thankful for. I get pissed at Tomlin for challenging a BS call last night, but I have to look back and laugh. If thats all I have to get pissed about I would hate to put my foot in the shoes of Bengals or Browns fans.
    I hope Marvin Lewis is the head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals until the day he dies.