Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Tomlin: “We should win it all”

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Mike Tomlin: “We should win it all”

Mike Tomlin: We should win it all

Mike Florio,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports

Many believe that the Steelers are legitimate Super Bowl contenders, the current status of Sunday nights game against the Packers notwithstanding. One person who believes it, and who isnt bashful about saying it, is Steelers coach Mike Tomlin.

Oh, we can win it all, Tomlin told Tony Dungy of NBCs Football Night in America. We should win it all. I think thats my mentality. I think thats their mentality. But Im less concerned about that and more concerned about what are the things that were going to do along the way to make that happen.

Tomlin also knows that, along the way to make that happen, the Steelers will encounter the Patriots at least once, and maybe twice. Hes not afraid to talk about that.

Im going to embrace the elephant in the room, Tomlin said. Theres going to be fireworks. But its probably going to be part one. You know? . . .

to read rest of article:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mike-to...022212262.html

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Re: Mike Tomlin: We should win it all

Secondary is back to being the weak link, however it looked like Butler was trying out man coverage in real time in prep for Week 15.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Mike Tomlin: “We should win it all”

Mike Tomlin Promises ‘Fireworks’ Vs. Patriots, Already Looking Ahead To AFC Championship Rematch

November 27, 2017
    By Michael Hurley, CBS Boston

BOSTON (CBS) — If there’s one thing that hasn’t been lacking from the Steelers in recent years, it’s bulletin board material from their head coach — specifically as it relates to the Patriots.

to read rest of article:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/11/2...oard-material/

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I like having a coach with the faith and determination of wanting to 'win it all' ! Good motivation...wish all the player's had that mindset.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Mike Tomlin Promises Fireworks Vs. Patriots, Already Looking Ahead To AFC Championship Rematch

November 27, 2017
    By Michael Hurley, CBS Boston

BOSTON (CBS) If theres one thing that hasnt been lacking from the Steelers in recent years, its bulletin board material from their head coach specifically as it relates to the Patriots.

to read rest of article:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/11/2...oard-material/
    They are still bringing up Tomlins a$$holes comment (from ABs Facebook Live). If they heard 1/10 the stuff said in lockerrrooms, theyd realize that that was absolutely nothing.

And, as far as bulletin board material goes, if anything, Tomlin dissed every other AFC team besides the Taperiots... because, Tomlin insinuated that the Steelers & Taperiots would play again in the playoffs. Now, Tomlin did not say this, but logic says that since the Steelers & Taperiots will likely be the #1 & #2 seeds, a rematch could only happen in the AFCCG.

So... it was in no way a diss of the Taperiots. In fact, just the opposite.

I do indeed expect some other team to replay this interview during the playoffs... Oh well.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    They are still bringing up Tomlin’s “a$$holes” comment (from AB’s Facebook Live). If they heard 1/10 the stuff said in lockerrrooms, they’d realize that that was absolutely nothing.

And, as far as “bulletin board material” goes, if anything, Tomlin dissed every other AFC team besides the Taperiots... because, Tomlin insinuated that the Steelers & Taperiots would play again in the playoffs. Now, Tomlin did not say this, but logic says that since the Steelers & Taperiots will likely be the #1 & #2 seeds, a rematch could only happen in the AFCCG.

So... it was in no way a diss of the Taperiots. In fact, just the opposite.

I do indeed expect some other team to replay this interview during the playoffs... Oh well.
    A coach saying his team and another team are the two best teams in the conference has been used in the past by the coach of a third team as a successful motivational tool

Before Oakland's first-round game with Miami, Raider Coach John Madden had said of the Raiders and the Dolphins, "When the two best teams in football get together, anything can happen.""I'll tell you what anything is," [Chuck] Noll told the Steelers. "Anything is that Oakland isn't getting into the Super Bowl." The room was charged. [Joe] Greene jumped up and began waving his fists and yelling. The fat was in the fire.

The Steelers soundly whipped Oakland.

https://www.si.com/vault/1975/02/17/557877/youre-a-part-of-all-this

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

In a sense this is bullshit. He's not saying anything that anyone else associated with the sport isn't thinking. But at the same token with two division games coming up against teams that have found some playoff pulse, do you really need this? Put yourself on the other team and you can just see their coaches telling their teams that Tomlin has more or less put you in the rear view mirror before the games have even been played. Now granted the Steelers have a significant divisional lead, but neither of these games will likely be easy. And if you lose either or both you can forget that number one seed and you are in effect scrambling to preserve the division lead. So does this sort of thing change results? Probably not. But I don't like tempting fate. Bringing bad karma on yourself. If the Steelers lose these next games Tomlin will be wearing egg all over his face and the Patriots game could prove anti-climatic with the Patriots already having all but locked up the number one seed.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Ben uses today's Tuesday morning radio show/stream of consciousness session to say at least Ben remains focused

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    In a sense this is bullshit. He's not saying anything that anyone else associated with the sport isn't thinking. But at the same token with two division games coming up against teams that have found some playoff pulse, do you really need this? Put yourself on the other team and you can just see their coaches telling their teams that Tomlin has more or less put you in the rear view mirror before the games have even been played. Now granted the Steelers have a significant divisional lead, but neither of these games will likely be easy. And if you lose either or both you can forget that number one seed and you are in effect scrambling to preserve the division lead. So does this sort of thing change results? Probably not. But I don't like tempting fate. Bringing bad karma on yourself. If the Steelers lose these next games Tomlin will be wearing egg all over his face and the Patriots game could prove anti-climatic with the Patriots already having all but locked up the number one seed.
    I get what you are saying.

But, I also do not see the Steelers looking past the hated Bengals and the rival Ravens. I agree that Tomlin’s comments could provide extra motivation for the Bengals and/or Ravens, but they already hate us/already want to hurt us.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

To me it really does not matter what Tomlin said because, I'm sure 30 other teams think the same thing about the cheats/pats. He said it time to move on and, Hell the cheats are so buttoned they can't even say anything that does not get approved by Belicheat.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Colin Cowherd talked about this today.....He has such a man crush on Belacheat. I had to turn it off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    To me it really does not matter what Tomlin said because, I'm sure 30 other teams think the same thing about the cheats/pats. He said it time to move on and, Hell the cheats are so buttoned they can't even say anything that does not get approved by Belicheat.
    Yeah, Gronk is actually scared of him.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Elevator music

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Colin Cowherd talked about this today.....He has such a man crush on Belacheat. I had to turn it off.
    Oh man I cannot stand this guy. Closet racist and an elitist that looks down his nose to any working man. A complete Lebron worshiping asshat.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    A coach saying his team and another team are the two best teams in the conference has been used in the past by the coach of a third team as a successful motivational tool

Before Oakland's first-round game with Miami, Raider Coach John Madden had said of the Raiders and the Dolphins, "When the two best teams in football get together, anything can happen.""I'll tell you what anything is," [Chuck] Noll told the Steelers. "Anything is that Oakland isn't getting into the Super Bowl." The room was charged. [Joe] Greene jumped up and began waving his fists and yelling. The fat was in the fire.

Belichick LOVES bulletin board material and used it to beat the Eagles for having the audacity to plan a superbowl parade before losing to the patriots
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Completely agree with this.

Guess it's time to unleash hell

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If Colin Coward ever interviewed the mighty Bellicheat, I'd half expect him to ask Bellicheat "Will you go out on a date with me?"

Similarly, if he ever interviewed Tomlin, I'd half expect him to ask Tomlin "Do you like torturing kittens for fun?"

Seriously

That being said though, you should never give bulletin board material which is what that is.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    That being said though, you should never give bulletin board material which is what that is.
    It provides an opportunity for some opposing team soundbites after the game if the Bengals or Ravens (for being overlooked) or the Pats (for once again owning the Steelers) win in December. But I doubt it provides any real competitive advantage.

Harbaugh might and players for the Ravens or Bengals will pop off if they win. Pats will say nothing if they win on December 17 since they probably expect to see the Steelers in January and Belichick has them under control.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

One game at a time.

I swear, Tomlin and everyone else looking too far ahead are going to jinx us.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    One game at a time.

I swear, Tomlin and everyone else looking too far ahead are going to jinx us.
    F jinxing it and we are either better then the Pats or not. We definitely are the more talented team. Time will tell and glad what Tomlin said!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Tomlin done pissed off the Bengals, Ravens,Texans and the Browns just talking ahead about the Patriots. We are going to get a beat down now! Thank God Tomlin didn't piss of the 49er's too!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Tomlin done pissed off the Bengals, Ravens,Texans and the Browns just talking ahead about the Patriots. We are going to get a beat down now! Thank God Tomlin didn't piss of the 49er's too!
    So we might as well not play any games and just hand the Lombardi to St Bellicheat.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    So we might as well not play any games and just hand the Lombardi to St Bellicheat.
    Where did you get that from my post ? My point was Tomlin piss off a bunch of crappy teams!

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Where did you get that from my post ? My point was Tomlin piss off a bunch of crappy teams!
    We are going to get a beat down now is what you stated.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    We are going to get a beat down now is what you stated.
    Yes by the crap as teams Tomlin pissed off. Sarcasm and again glad Tomlin said what he said. Bunch of losing teams he may have pissed off. Who The F are they ?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Bradshaw disagrees but he uses the above as an example.

But I thought Tomlin was a cheerleader??????

Terry Bradshaw defends Mike Tomlin, Steelers

"I’ve heard Mike Tomlin say they expect to win it all, and I get that," Bradshaw said. "You should think that way.

"I recall going into a meeting before we played the Raiders in the AFC Championship Game (in 1974), and Chuck Noll flat telling us that we’re gonna go out there and we’re gonna beat them.

"We had never heard him say that we’re going to go out and beat anybody, and we did."

Bradshaw and the Steelers defeated the Raiders, 24-13, en route to their first Super Bowl victory over the Vikings two weeks later. Bradshaw went onto have a Hall of Fame career, winning the NFL's MVP award in 1978 and two Super Bowl MVP awards while leading the Steelers to four Super Bowl victories.
    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...lers-111336157

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If we play to OUR best, and every other team plays to THEIR best, yes we 'should' win it all. In that scenario we are the best team this year.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

It would have been cooler if he had said " We will win it all"

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I see Eddie B already wants to look ahead as well... and stir the pot a little while he's there.

Patriots the favorite vs. Steelers, no matter the place

Mike Tomlin talked about the game as “fireworks,” so who would be favored in that Patriots-Steelers heavyweight matchup in two weeks at Heinz Field? And, subsequently, if they meet in the AFC championship?

We reached out to a Scott Cooley of Bookmaker.eu, a professional online gambling site that has a sports book. Cooley turned to his bookmakers to determine, based on where the Patriots and Steelers stand today, what the odds on that game might be.

Steelers fans might be surprised to know their team would be underdogs in all circumstances.

For the Dec. 17 game at Heinz Field, the Patriots would be favored by 3 points.

PG Article

To quote a certain other coach, hopefully this is the mantra of the week