Thread: College Coaching Carousel

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

College Coaching Carousel

Keeping up with who's going where, who stays.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: College Coaching Carousel

Rumors are that Frost is going to Nebraska.

Dude from Arkansas was fired yesterday after their loss.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Chip Kelly in UCLA?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Haley to Nebraska!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

UCLA got Kelly. Good hire by UCLA, there may be an adjustment period but UCLA could easily be a force in the Pac12 by at least 2019

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm seeing possibly Cutcliff to TN??? That makes no sense to me at all. I understand the TN ties, but Coach Cutcliff is 120 years old and doing well at Duke. I don't know why he would want to move again, and if he doesn't win immediately, be fired in 2 years. Not at his age is my thinking.
    Other names I've seen for the TN job, Kiffen(again), Norvell, Clawson, and Mike Leach.

Arkansas is interesting. Gus Malzahn may be willing to leave AU to coach at Ark. Also, Norvell and his wife are from Ark and would be a tempting offer.

UCLA hiring Kelley is done. 5yrs/$23M

Florida really wanted Kelley. I wonder if they would be interested in Kiffen.

I wonder how long its going to be before we start seeing these insane coaching contracts in the NFL? At some point aren't the NFL caliber coaches going to start chasing that money? Just curious.

Hearing some Ole Miss fans talking about getting Mike Leach from WSU. I'm not in that loop, but that IS an interesting thought. I don't see it due to NCAA issues at Ole Miss, I think they will have to keep Matt Luke at least one more season before they can do a serious coaching search. Any thoughts on the Ole Miss job?

Greg Schiano to Tennessee

http://www.oregonlive.com/collegefoo...ng_caro_1.html

Kelley to UCLA
    Schiano to Tennessee
    Dan Mullen to Florida (Huge surprise to me that he left MissState)

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Chip Kelly...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

So.....No Schiano to Tennessee. The fans and students held a 'Just Say No' rally? Wow!!! Precedent set now Vols fans. Your next HC better be squeaky clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    So.....No Schiano to Tennessee. The fans and students held a 'Just Say No' rally? Wow!!! Precedent set now Vols fans. Your next HC better be squeaky clean.
    Tennessee has no balls. This guy was a part of an investigation that took down a University President, a coach and who else knows. If there was ANYTHING on this guy from that scandal it would have come out and he would have been fried like the rest of those pedophiles. Disgusting that they wouldn't or didn't do their own homework on this guy and then stand by him. So now a precedent is set that if the fans don't like something whether its based on fact or not can now control the University.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Tennessee has no balls. This guy was a part of an investigation that took down a University President, a coach and who else knows. If there was ANYTHING on this guy from that scandal it would have come out and he would have been fried like the rest of those pedophiles. Disgusting that they wouldn't or didn't do their own homework on this guy and then stand by him. So now a precedent is set that if the fans don't like something whether its based on fact or not can now control the University.
    I agree this is crazy and surreal. Not sure how to handle that though. It wasn't JUST fans, but the students as well. I would need more facts on EXACTLY what went down, but the University has to have a level of commitment to the student body too. Again, I have zero idea what all was involved in the decisions. As far as getting a coach, good luck with that now, UT. As far as the students and fans, you better get 110% behind whoever does come there to coach.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I can't believe they wanted Schiano any way based on his track record coaching.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    It is the SEC - second tier programs in the conference like UGA (last national championship in 1980) and the Vols (last national championship 20 years ago) are tired of Saban abusing them but at the same time think the HC job is something Belichick would want.

Schiano would have sailed through if he had a better record as a HC and the fanbase was not spooled up into believing Jon Gruden was going to be hired

Now the job is toxic - likely hire is Tee Martin (QB on Vols national championship team and OC at Southern Cal). My hope is Tennessee has completely lost its mind and brings back Lane Kiffin

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    It is the SEC - second tier programs in the conference like UGA (last national championship in 1980) and the Vols (last national championship 20 years ago) are tired of Saban abusing them but at the same time think the HC job is something Belichick would want.

Schiano would have sailed through if he had a better record as a HC and the fanbase was not spooled up into believing Jon Gruden was going to be hired

Now the job is toxic - likely hire is Tee Martin (QB on Vols national championship team and OC at Southern Cal). My hope is Tennessee has completely lost its mind and brings back Lane Kiffin
    There is a 'faction war' brewing in Knoxville. James (Jimmy) Haslam, the Brown's owner, and former AD at Tennessee has been running the show with his puppet appointments, such as Currie (recently fired AD), and as an athletic booster. His money buys a lot of power in Knoxville.
    There is another group that is standing against the Haslam lead regime now. Not sure the details yet, but Phil Fulmer, previous HC and athletic board member, is involved with this one.
    Interesting politics in Tennessee football. Not hard to believe there's a 'Browns' relationship to this.

What a total debacle. No wonder this team finished dead last in the joke of a division that is the SEC east

Coup is successful! Fulmer in as AD at Tennessee. Now the real coaching search can start.

Jimbo Fisher to Texas A&M. Now FSU is in the coaching hunt. Who wouldn't want to coach football in Tallahassee?

Any Arkansas or Auburn people on here that have an insider view of the Malzahn to Arkansas rumors?

Just read a rumor of VT's Justin Fuente in play for the FSU job. I know we have some VT guys on here, any word from your circles?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Just read a rumor of VT's Justin Fuente in play for the FSU job. I know we have some VT guys on here, any word from your circles?
    Haven't heard that here yet, however I was in a swamp all day today so who knows what I've missed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

That would be funny.

Scott Frost is going to Nebraska. News broke at around the start of 2OT in the AAC Championship game. Todd McShay asked him about it at the end of the game and he replied "I'm gonna celebrate with my team"

When Frost said it would have hurt his feelings if Nebraska had not offered him, I knew then he planned to go, even though it wasn't official. I think everyone pretty much knew. He's a born and bred, dyed in the wool, Nebraska boy. Of course he was taking that job.

I would love to be a fly on the wall of that UCF locker room right now