Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooting, A-holes, and Week 12

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Rooting, A-holes, and Week 12

For those of us who watch other games, and want a rooting interest, here are the winners/losers who would most help the Steelers:

CHARGERS @ COWBOYS
    The rule of thumb is to root for the NFC over the AFC. But, Jerrah can bite me. Go Bolts!!!

BROWNS @ BENGALS
    I hope that whatever virus that has infected the Browns invades the very being of the Bengals. Go Browns!!!

PANTHERS @ JETS
    The rule of thumb is to root for the NFC over the AFC. So, go Panthers...???

TITANS @ COLTS
    For playoff seeding, a loss by the Titans would help. Go Colts.

DOLPHINS @ TAPERIOTS
    Duh. Go Dolphins!!!!!

BILLS @ CHIEFS
    A few weeks ago, this looked like a marquee game. Now... not so much. Coin flip.

BRONCOS @ RAIDAHS
    Garbage versus trash. I’m not even going to flip a coin for this one.

JAGUARS @ CARDINALS
    The Jags hold the tie-breaker over us. We need them to lose. Go Cardinals!!!

TEXANS @ RAVENS
    Duh. Go Texans!!!

Enjoy.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Rooting, A-holes, and Week 12

I'll help with a couple. Bills have nothing left, Chiefs still have speed, and Mahomes. Go Bills.

The Lynch era in Denver begins. The Raiders have the other Lynch. GO BRONCOS!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I don't want to see the Chargers get to the playoffs unless its at the expense of the Jaguars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

That's some pretty serious hate for Dallas if you'd root for a bunch of shitty leavers from your own town over them, and despite the conference thing too. The Crybabies aren't winning jack this year, it's safe to hope they win that one.

Also how could you not be rooting for the Browns to go 0-16? You must be some kind of asshole.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    That's some pretty serious hate for Dallas if you'd root for a bunch of shitty leavers from your own town over them, and despite the conference thing too. The Crybabies aren't winning jack this year, it's safe to hope they win that one.

Also how could you not be rooting for the Browns to go 0-16? You must be some kind of asshole.
    I’m still not over Super Bowl XXX.

My best friend is a Browns fan (he switched over after the Bolts bolted). He is rooting like crazy for a “perfect” season. So, yes, I’d like to ruin his weekend.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’m still not over Super Bowl XXX. :sad:

My best friend is a Browns fan (he switched over after the Bolts bolted). He is rooting like crazy for a “perfect” season. So, yes, I’d like to ruin his weekend.

What? Your friend voluntarily switched to the Browns!? What kind of company do you keep?? J/K but damn, he could have become a fan of any team and he chose the Browns. Crazy world indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    What? Your friend voluntarily switched to the Browns!? What kind of company do you keep?? J/K but damn, he could have become a fan of any team and he chose the Browns. Crazy world indeed.
    His rationale:
    I’m used to being utterly disappointed... so, which team can promise me years upon years of sadness?

His rationale:
    I’m used to being utterly disappointed... so, which team can promise me years upon years of sadness?

The Factory of Sadness will definitely fill that void.

The Factory of Sadness will definitely fill that void.
    That is the EXACT reference that I was making.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post

LOL.... I see your point on the 0-16, BUT I HATE the bungholes and their obnoxious, asshole fan's that I gotta root for the brown's to kick their asses ! GO BROWNS....LOL ( plus I'd like to see the brown's get a win before we have to play them....ugh)

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I would like to see the Browns win, too. I feel badly for their diehard fans. Also, I dislike the Bengals more than the Browns.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    I would like to see the Browns win, too. I feel badly for their diehard fans. Also, I dislike the Bengals more than the Browns.
    The Bengal Bitches losing to the Browns would be nothing short of hilarious, and is a shame that entire team and their fans deserve

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I don't want to see the Chargers get to the playoffs unless its at the expense of the Jaguars.
    Their pass rush is indeed scary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Yep.

I feel sorry for the Browns and their fans.

I despise everything about the Bengals.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Their pass rush is indeed scary.

That's true, but the worst part of them making the playoffs will be listening to everyone talk about how great Philip Rivers has been and the lack of talent around him his entire career.....

You'll hear things like:

"I think he's a better quarterback than Big Ben."

"Imagine what he would have done if he had more weapons around him."

"He's one of the greatest players of his era"

etc.....etc.....etc....

I always hear this about Rivers, even though nobody had more talent around him than he did for much of the early part of his career. Those teams were stacked with talent comparable to some of the greatest teams of all time...yet he was never able to even get them to a Super Bowl.

I know that some of that wasn't his fault, but it just gives me red ass every time I hear people fawning all over him and the promotion of Rivers as one of the best quarterbacks ever, while Big Ben gets questioned by so many. I think Rivers is a very good quarterback. This is less of an attack on him, and more of my disdain of the prophets of the media that try to rewrite history in their image of how it should have been.

Much of Ben's incredible record of winning is passed off as luck or the talent around him, yet Rivers gets a pass for not elevating his team.

Anywho..........rant over.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

It's not all his fault, but Rivers has only 3 seasons where his team has won 10 or more games in his career.It's going to be 10 with this year for Roethlisberger

When you're 131-62 and 13-7 in the playoffs, you have to be a solid QB!...And the steelers have not always been loaded like this year!

Also, Roethlisberger is like 20 games over .500 on the road in his career, QB's like John Elway and Brett Favre have a losing record in their career on the road, so it's not just Ben among the HOF QB who has sometimes problems on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    That's true, but the worst part of them making the playoffs will be listening to everyone talk about how great Philip Rivers has been and the lack of talent around him his entire career.....

You'll hear things like:

"I think he's a better quarterback than Big Ben."

"Imagine what he would have done if he had more weapons around him."

"He's one of the greatest players of his era"

etc.....etc.....etc....

I always hear this about Rivers, even though nobody had more talent around him than he did for much of the early part of his career. Those teams were stacked with talent comparable to some of the greatest teams of all time...yet he was never able to even get them to a Super Bowl.

I know that some of that wasn't his fault, but it just gives me red ass every time I hear people fawning all over him and the promotion of Rivers as one of the best quarterbacks ever, while Big Ben gets questioned by so many. I think Rivers is a very good quarterback. This is less of an attack on him, and more of my disdain of the prophets of the media that try to rewrite history in their image of how it should have been.

Much of Ben's incredible record of winning is passed off as luck or the talent around him, yet Rivers gets a pass for not elevating his team.

Anywho..........rant over.
    Rivers has had the all time leader in TD catches for a TE in Gates throughout his career and early in his career he had Gates and one of the 10 greatest RBs of all time in Tomlinson and still never went to the Super Bowl. I don't want to hear how Rivers should get a pass for having nothing around him

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Titans just got their first win at Indy in 9seasons, AND broke an 11 game losing streak to the Colts. See, it does happen.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

KC tank again! Was watching the Pats vs Miami game and BB got that defense striping and punching for the ball on almost every play. Steelers need to watch for that and protect the ball when they play them.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Well the damn brown's lost to the damn bungholes and now those obnoxious, asinine fans will be whopping it up all week again thinking they are still in playoff hunt. UGH. So NOW I guess I'll have to root for the damn ratbirds to win so they will stay ahead of the bungholes. What a 'damn' day this has been so far. Hope the STEELER's don't disappoint me tonight. Hope I have enough beer !

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

My upset of the week Arizona over Jags and 16-10 now but still think it holds up. This will help us a lot if it happens. PS think we ruined the Chiefs after we played them and other teams have them figured out as well.

Jags just took the lead with a defensive TD. That defense is legit.

Jags just took the lead with a defensive TD. That defense is legit.
    24-17 Arizona and not watching the game and just NFL com. Yes Jags D is legit had a lot of top picks for it over the last couple years.

And to think I was hoping for the Steelers to get some help from Airhead Arians and Blaine F-ing Gabbert.

I hope people don't think Arians is a still a good head coach or an offensive genius because the last 2 years prove he isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    24-17 Arizona and not watching the game and just NFL com.
    Me too, I just happened to see a game break highlight. I am currently watching the Rams / Saints game. I'm pulling for the Cards though as it would give us a little separation from the Jags.

24 all now.

- - - Updated - - -

Me too, I just happened to see a game break highlight. I am currently watching the Rams / Saints game. I'm pulling for the Cards though as it would give us a little separation from the Jags.
    Likewise watching Saints/Rams game. To bad we don't get the Jags/Cards and seems like a exciting game to watch.

That Rams defense has held the Saints to 13pts. That's a legit outing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    That Rams defense has held the Saints to 13pts. That's a legit outing as well.
    Yep NFC playoffs are going to be fun to watch.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Cardinals helps the steelers!!!

There we go!